DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go vs DJI Go v3 vs Litchi (best app to use, and for VR?)

theskyisthelimit99

Reactions
I'm trying to get a handle on the apps for android at the moment.. There is the older DJI GO app, then the newer v4 one and Litchi..

Does Litchi have all the same features of the other two? I have yet to use my quad, but my overall eventual goal was to use a generic "cardboard" headset from amazon (plastic) with the Litchi app for VR.. however, thats not the best route i think, if you need to get to the phone in a hurry to press something on the screen, but should do for now (until the real goggles come out, or perhaps i get an nvidia shield and use my headplays via hdmi).

If Litchi has all the same features then its case closed i guess (does it also allow for activation / updating of the quad)..

I guess either way its best to use v3 over the older GO app when comparing those two ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
You want Litchi if you want something to control the gimbal and angle of shots smoothly. (It allows you to record much smoother video and fly pre-programmed missions) You can fly a pre-programmed mission but I wouldn't buy it for manual control of the Mavic. DJI go is fine for that.

You will need the DJI GO 4 app for firmware updates, general settings such as stick mode, stick filtering and expo. Also tripod mode and follow me by object recognition is only available here.
Litchi is goo for flying in VR mode (I love it!), waypoint missions and maybe has also benefits with gimbal and filming.
So it's mandatory to have both apps installed.
The DJI GO 3 app will propbably no longer be supported for Mavic and is intended only for the older drones, such as P2 and P3.

I'm trying to get a handle on the apps for android at the moment.. There is the older DJI GO app, then the newer v4 one and Litchi..

Does Litchi have all the same features of the other two? I have yet to use my quad, but my overall eventual goal was to use a generic "cardboard" headset from amazon (plastic) with the Litchi app for VR.. however, thats not the best route i think, if you need to get to the phone in a hurry to press something on the screen, but should do for now (until the real goggles come out, or perhaps i get an nvidia shield and use my headplays via hdmi).

If Litchi has all the same features then its case closed i guess (does it also allow for activation / updating of the quad)..

I guess either way its best to use v3 over the older GO app when comparing those two ?

Thanks in advance
FPV Camera is by far the best app. Leaves Litchi and Autopilot in the wind.
I use it with my Inspire and they have just released an update fir the Mavic.
Their site is. FPVbooster.com

Isn't that an Apple only app? OP is looking for Android apps.

Really? I am not that familiar with FPV Camera, can you be a bit more specific on why it's the best?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venture3344555