DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles Missing Diopter Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
If PolarPro is listening....

Make snap on lenses (in +2.0, +2.5 and +3.0) that individually attach directly to the adjustable IPD lenses inside the goggles. They would stay in place when you lifted the goggles from you eyes. Since I only need readers for these goggles, conventional glasses get in the way of me seeing.

What do you think?

That sounds like a fantastic idea!

Reactions: TomD6807
I think if you would pick up a pair of readers you'd find out they would clear up the screen. I only wear readers when I have my contacts in but I had to pick up a pair of 1.25s to use when I have them out. I also had to go from 1.75s to 3.0s when I have my contacts in. I took the Goggles into Wally World and experimented with the demo videos until I got a nice picture. Looked like a fool but it was worth it. Try a pair out before you return them and I'll bet you'll see a difference. The focal distance is just too close even for those who have never had an issue before. If you're reading something you just pull it away until you can see it which you can't do with the Goggles. Try it out and tell us how you make out.

I'm sure you're right. In fact, I have done that and it did work. I guess my point is you shouldn't have to buy, tote and apply an extra piece of gear to make the OE work. All the other goggles including the Glyph had sharp images with no additional equipment.
Anyway, I sent mine back. Wish me luck! :)

I'm sure you're right. In fact, I have done that and it did work. I guess my point is you shouldn't have to buy, tote and apply an extra piece of gear to make the OE work. All the other goggles including the Glyph had sharp images with no additional equipment.
Anyway, I sent mine back. Wish me luck! :)

I agree 100%, I have a cheap $15 pair of VR Goggles that can be adjusted to use without reading glasses. Good luck.

Here is a workaround for farsighted users that works well for me.

DJI Goggles Modified for Glasses Wearers - RC Groups
I ordered a pair of the VisionMag off Ebay after seeing your original post and they came in yesterday . It took about 10 minutes to cut a little piece off and attach the Velcro to them to hold them into the goggles . I'm very pleased with the results . I can see fine now and even people that do not need reading glasses have no problem with them attached . I got the +5 diopters which are 2.25 magnification .

visormag | eBay

Reactions: MisterMavic
Here is what I did to solve the issue and I have to say it is a perfect solution. I can't take credit for this because I was led to the idea from another post where someone mounted their readers inside the goggles. Here is what you will need, Carson Optical VisorMag these come in 1.75x(+3.00 Diopters), 2.0x (+4.00 Diopters) and 2.25x (+5.00 Diopters), they range in price (current) from $6.89 to $8.99 NOT in order from lowest x to highest x.

VisorMag version:
Amazon.com : Carson Optical VisorMag 1.75x Power (+3.00 Diopters) Clip-On Magnifying Lens for Hats VM-10 : Health & Personal Care

Clip-and-Flip version:
Amazon.com: Carson Clip and Flip 1.5x Power Magnifying Lenses +2.25 Diopters (OD-10): Sports & Outdoors

If you need lower they also make them in a different version called Carson Clip-and-Flip which come in 1.5x (+2.25 Diopters), the part you will detach is exactly the same so just order the cheapest you can find in the power you need them in. The lens easily detaches from the mount which you will not need but you can save if you also want to use them as designed since you are not altering the lens in any way other than a small piece of Velcro. I bought all 3 of the VisorMag versions as I didn't know which one I would want. I was using 1.75 readers and as it turned out the 1.75x (+3.00 Diopters) are the ones that looked perfect so I guess they do cross over to readers by power. For mounting I first tried a small piece of Velcro but it didn't feel like it was getting the best hold because the Velcro didn't seem thick enough. I then used a piece of what is called 3M Dual Lock tape that came with my Pennsylvania Turnpike EZ-Pass to mount it to the windshield. This can also be bought on Amazon and this link looks like the best price for the amount you will need.

Amazon.com: EZ Pass Mounting Kit - 3M Dual Lock Tape - 2 Sets of Peel-and-Stick Strips with Alcohol Prep Pad: Automotive

This type of Velcro type fastener is a little thicker and holds much better than standard Velcro and allows the lens to seat perfectly on the goggles. A small piece just the size of the cross bar on the lens is all you need and another small piece between the lens on the goggles. Due to the plastic piece being clear that was used to mount the lens to the original clip it still allows the goggles to shut off and doesn't interfere with the proximity sensor. Therefor there is no need to remove it and it provides for a nice grip for removing the lens from the goggles, this is almost like they were made for these goggles. I am a tinker type of guy and I pretty much mess with everything and find ways to improve on them and other than mounting different type of Velcro I can't really find anything I would change on this setup that wouldn't cause you to alter the goggles by mounting the lens more permanently by affixing the lens or mount by screwing or gluing in some way. These also come with the case included which just fits the lens only which is perfect since you don't use the clip mount. I'm not even going to bother sending the other 2 sets back because they do have use as originally designed and even buying all 3 sets I'm still under $30 to get perfect vision on my goggles. I spent $449 so the extra money is well spent. Most should be under right around $12 for the Dual Lock tape (which I highly recommend over standard Velcro for strength of hold, quality of hold and positioning and ease of removal) and the Carson diopters. Feel free to ask any questions. This setup is much better than wearing readers that when I lifted the goggles I had to remove to see the Mavic, then put the readers back on before lowering the goggles. Here are a few pics of the setup.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 255
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 244
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Capture5.JPG
    Capture5.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 279
  • Capture6.JPG
    Capture6.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Here is what I did to solve the issue and I have to say it is a perfect solution. I can't take credit for this because I was led to the idea from another post where someone mounted their readers inside the goggles. Here is what you will need, Carson Optical VisorMag these come in 1.75x(+3.00 Diopters), 2.0x (+4.00 Diopters) and 2.25x (+5.00 Diopters), they range in price (current) from $6.89 to $8.99 NOT in order from lowest x to highest x.

VisorMag version:
Amazon.com : Carson Optical VisorMag 1.75x Power (+3.00 Diopters) Clip-On Magnifying Lens for Hats VM-10 : Health & Personal Care

Clip-and-Flip version:
Amazon.com: Carson Clip and Flip 1.5x Power Magnifying Lenses +2.25 Diopters (OD-10): Sports & Outdoors

If you need lower they also make them in a different version called Carson Clip-and-Flip which come in 1.5x (+2.25 Diopters), the part you will detach is exactly the same so just order the cheapest you can find in the power you need them in. The lens easily detaches from the mount which you will not need but you can save if you also want to use them as designed since you are not altering the lens in any way other than a small piece of Velcro. I bought all 3 of the VisorMag versions as I didn't know which one I would want. I was using 1.75 readers and as it turned out the 1.75x (+3.00 Diopters) are the ones that looked perfect so I guess they do cross over to readers by power. For mounting I first tried a small piece of Velcro but it didn't feel like it was getting the best hold because the Velcro didn't seem thick enough. I then used a piece of what is called 3M Dual Lock tape that came with my Pennsylvania Turnpike EZ-Pass to mount it to the windshield. This can also be bought on Amazon and this link looks like the best price for the amount you will need.

Amazon.com: EZ Pass Mounting Kit - 3M Dual Lock Tape - 2 Sets of Peel-and-Stick Strips with Alcohol Prep Pad: Automotive

This type of Velcro type fastener is a little thicker and holds much better than standard Velcro and allows the lens to seat perfectly on the goggles. A small piece just the size of the cross bar on the lens is all you need and another small piece between the lens on the goggles. Due to the plastic piece being clear that was used to mount the lens to the original clip it still allows the goggles to shut off and doesn't interfere with the proximity sensor. Therefor there is no need to remove it and it provides for a nice grip for removing the lens from the goggles, this is almost like they were made for these goggles. I am a tinker type of guy and I pretty much mess with everything and find ways to improve on them and other than mounting different type of Velcro I can't really find anything I would change on this setup that wouldn't cause you to alter the goggles by mounting the lens more permanently by affixing the lens or mount by screwing or gluing in some way. These also come with the case included which just fits the lens only which is perfect since you don't use the clip mount. I'm not even going to bother sending the other 2 sets back because they do have use as originally designed and even buying all 3 sets I'm still under $30 to get perfect vision on my goggles. I spent $449 so the extra money is well spent. Most should be under right around $12 for the Dual Lock tape (which I highly recommend over standard Velcro for strength of hold, quality of hold and positioning and ease of removal) and the Carson diopters. Feel free to ask any questions. This setup is much better than wearing readers that when I lifted the goggles I had to remove to see the Mavic, then put the readers back on before lowering the goggles. Here are a few pics of the setup.
It's only natural that I like this idea :)

I can't see things up close, unless I wear +3.00 reading glasses. When I first started using the "HEADPLAY" large single screen goggles, I had to get a pair of +4.00 glasses before I could focus on the image. I hope this will work on the new djis that I'm waiting delivery of.

Fantastic tip!! I just ordered all three lenses and the Velcro tape too! Thank you.

VisorMag version:

Clip-and-Flip version:

I think you will find it is a great solution. I couldn't believe how bad the screen looked with just my contacts in. I wear reading glasses so I shouldn't have been surprised I couldn't see it, I guess I was more surprised there was no way to focus the goggles themselves. For me the reading glasses were killing the experience and the removal on and off every time I wanted to lift the screen was unacceptable. I had to find some solution and I believe this is about as good as I can get. I'm not ruling out some type of snap in frame using the VisorMag lenses if I feel ambitious with the 3D printer and work something up.

Reactions: DASFREAK
Received my DJI Goggles yesterday. They look cool and build quality is outstanding. They are heavy! Ohh yes! Pairingh with Mavic Pro and setup went like a dream. They are very easy to operate and image is crisp and bright, but... all of it providing you have 20/20 vision or your spectacles / contacts are perfectly tuned to eyesight condition. Why? Because the goggles are missing diopter adjustment. I wear glasses. I do not go to optometrist every week, but every few years. The script of glasses and contacts I am wearing today is good enough, but not perfect. DJI wants your vision with glasses or without to be perfect. Oh well, maybe DJI Goggles Mark II will take care for that.
Thanks for that I did wonder about that, as a photographer I need that diopter so I wont be getting theseor any that don't have one.

Thanks for that I did wonder about that, as a photographer I need that diopter so I wont be getting theseor any that don't have one.

Just pickup some cheap reading glasses like everyone else. It's not that big of problem.

" Wrong" when one eye is short sighted so they are not the same

Well you can't design them for everyone I guess.
40c28dca38695b4274f2d957ed2688ca.jpg

Reactions: sacballa
Amazon has adjustable glasses [emoji165] for around $25-$30

VisorMag version:

Clip-and-Flip version:

@MisterMavic ...You're a ******* genius! I just rigged up my goggles using your method and its 100% better than wearing the cheater glasses or any glasses for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas