DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles vs. Litchi VR

I always thought FPV would "isolate me from the real world" so I wasn't at all interested in FPV goggles. Besides, $400? I'd have to be out of mind! But I was curious, so yesterday I bought a nicely designed plastic VR headset from Walmart for $5. Yes, $5. Tried it out today. Wow! it was a whole new experience!

The device was laggy. The display was dark, and was limited by the poor resolution of my iPhone 7", but it got me hooked on FPV (at least for flying in familiar terrain), and with a spotter. Suddenly $400 doesn't sound so bad. I'll be placing my order for DJI goggles before the end of the year.

And I placed a pickup for $5 goggles. Thanks for the heads up! Thumbswayup

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ONN-Virtual-Reality-Headset-Blue/801971540

Thanks GerdS for a great comparison of the two. Don't get me wrong everyone...I am almost ready to pull the trigger and buy the Goggles myself (once they are back in stock) :) But I wanted to be able to justify them to myself. The low lag/latency that you and others have mentioned will probably be one of the biggest reasons for me to get these (besides the superior resolution, of course).

I bought the DJI goggles but sent them back after 2 weeks of lots of testing mainly because the stability issues with the head tracking (yaw stability). Pitch works great and no doubt, the image is perfect especially if you use focus fixers (most of us older than 20 years need something like that...:)). I happen to also get a new iPhone X at the same time and found that with it running Litchi in VR mode and a good set of goggles is really good. With that phone and Litchi, I don't have any more latency than with the DJI goggles. Unlike the DJI goggles, Litchi also corrects the image colors/contrast if you are using Dlog settings so your VR looks really good. Litchi offers pitch-only, immersive and joy-stick-mode head tracking - very precise, very steady.

DJI software engineering needs to get back to work and improve the goggle features and fix the yaw - head tracking stability bugs. Hardware is bulky, but I am OK with that. If some of these things come through I may reconsider purchasing the DJI goggles but I am not holding my breath.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard