DJI Goggles

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by skypros, Oct 12, 2016.

?

Are you planning on getting a pair of the DJI Goggles

1. Yes.... At a price under $1,000

4 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. Yes.... At a price under $700

5 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Yes.... At a price under $500

27 vote(s)
    23.9%
  4. Yes.... At a price under $400

29 vote(s)
    25.7%
  5. Yes.... At a price under $300

38 vote(s)
    33.6%
  6. NO..... Don't need and they are going to too expensive anyways

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. skypros

skypros Well-Known Member

I really want to get the DJI Goggles but the rumored $700 price tag may be just too steep......

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 12.57.21 PM.png

Hopefully they will be $399 and be the best pair of FPV that has ever been released

2. hychewright

hychewright Member

Yes I heard in the $700 range. They sure should be good ones for that price!!!

3. Hutchie62

Hutchie62 Member

I will probable get a pair if the price is right, under the $500 mark.
    But will mostly fly with out.

4. MavicMo

MavicMo Member

I think they'll come in around the $400-$500 USD mark. Reason being, its an accessory, its not needed to fly, so they want to price it so its attractive to the Mavic owner. I also think their marketing for the Mavic will structure the pricing for the "avg" owner as opposed to high dollar, high end items for the Inspire...

It is something that I will buy if it is at the price-point I mention. If its higher, I'm going to think long and hard about it.

5. Deckyon

Deckyon Well-Known Member

No more than $200 for me. I am not going to spend 1/2 again as much as the drone costs just for goggles.

6. Freddyflier

Freddyflier Member

Well... maybe if I can fly my Tiny Whoop with them

7. ThreeGs

ThreeGs Well-Known Member

Oh, DJI would stand to sell a TON of them at $200. I'll cross my fingers for that, but it'll likely be closer to three times that.

8. Anthony Viscomi

Anthony Viscomi Well-Known Member

I'm cool with under $500

9. Advexure

Advexure Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    We would suspect that the DJI Goggles will be priced around the $300-400 mark. If you take a look at options that we would classify as comparable goggles you would find the following:

Zeiss Cinemizer - $789
    Headplay HD - $250
    Yuneec Skyview - $249
    Fat Shark Dominator V3 - $349

As of now it is uncertain if the goggles feature an HDMI port so they could be used a regular video viewer as well. If they do we would suspect they could climb higher in price as they would become a direct comparable to the Zeiss Cinemizer. A well built pair of "simple" video goggles could capture a very large market right now with such few, high quality, low to mid range priced "simple" video goggles. It will be interesting to see where these come into the market.

10. dsd317

dsd317 Well-Known Member

If the DJI Goggles are going to be around $600, then I'll be looking at alternatives.

Advexure likes this.
  11. Deckyon

Deckyon Well-Known Member

Assuming there are any.

12. dsd317

dsd317 Well-Known Member

I'm sure there going to be out there in no time. I'm in no rush for FPV anyway. I've had my P3P since last November and have not had the need for FPV. For me, it's more of a "nice to have" than a "need to have".

13. stealle

stealle Well-Known Member

"Fly with the turn of your head..." This is the first time I've really paid any attention to the information under this photo. Everything I've read has not revealed that you can "fly" the Mavic with the headset just by turning your head. The only thing I've heard so far is its a viewer with a direct link via OcuSync. So, according to this picture that is found on the DJI Mavic Store page, this means that you can control the drone's flight the goggles. What few "hands-on" articles available about the goggles ( DJI Goggles - Will FPV be the Mavic's Secret Weapon? - DRONELIFE and DJI's Goggles put you in the cockpit of a drone ) reveal little about the actual function of these goggles other than being a first person viewer. Engadget even comes out and says, "There's also no mention of head-tracking to move the camera, unless it's being kept under wraps."

14. Advexure

Advexure Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    Yes, very interesting point you make. I hadn't seen that wording under that original image. Colleagues of ours at the launch event got to put them on but absolutely nothing was mentioned about the VR portion of them being able to head track. It could easily be that the unit they were demoing was still a prototype without the full functionality of what they perceive these goggles will actually feature. Guess we will just have to wait and see. We have no further information from DJI HQ as they've been lips tight about the goggles but we'll definitely drop back with an update if we hear anything that we can share.

15. piccoloflyerr

piccoloflyerr Member

just found this photos from Chinese social media site, [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

___ likes this.
  16. DefaultIT

DefaultIT Well-Known Member

Ooh good catch...although these all manage to avoid answering the main question that will determine if I get them: Do they have HDMI?

That's the tick box I'd be checking in the poll above

17. Biggle

Biggle Member

It's an old marketing trick to "leak" a high price such as $700 and then get people happy to see the "low" price of $399.

That's my guess anyway.

(I work in marketing)

dam and Advexure like this.
  18. milsonian

milsonian Active Member

The charging port cover looks pretty big...perhaps an HDMI in there?

Dirty Bird likes this.
  19. Static8

Static8 Member

I agree smart marketing, rumour it at high price and then sell them at half the rumoured price and people will buy them. Honestly they can corner the market if they priced it with headplay gear but because really Headplay is cheap components, DJI product looks real solid , I'm thinking it will be priced at 399.00 my guess with discounts if you have MAVIC

20. Dirty Bird

Dirty Bird New Member

Let's hope! I'd love to see what's under that cover.