DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI googles usage with other video signals

Chickenskat

Reactions
Shoot me if this is a stupid question but is there any device you could use between a non DJI fpv quad 5.8ghz fpv signal and the goggles? Something to convert analog to hdmi to plug directly into the googles?

Reactions: Skymax
Think I figured it out. I ordered an AV to HDMI converter and a 5.8ghz receiver with an AV out jack. Hopefully I can plug the hdmi out to the in of the DJI Googles.

Here's what I order
AKK 5.8G FPV 40CH RC832 Mini Receiver for Racing Drone and Multicopter Amazon.com: AKK 5.8G FPV 40CH RC832 Mini Receiver for Racing Drone and Multicopter: Home Audio & Theater
And Neoteck Alloy 1080P 3RCA AV CVBS Composite to HDMI Converter AV to HDMI Adapter for TV PC PS3 STB Xbox VHS VCR Blue-Ray DVD Players Projector-Upgraded Version Amazon.com: Neoteck Alloy 1080P 3RCA AV CVBS Composite to HDMI Converter AV to HDMI Adapter for TV PC PS3 STB Xbox VHS VCR Blue-Ray DVD Players Projector-Upgraded Version: Home Audio & Theater

Just got the setup from amazon minus the dji googles. Works pretty good. I was able to plug the hdmi signal from the converter into my tv and fly a micro quad around the inside of my house. So it should work to plug in the dji googles whenever I get them.

The common issue with AV to HDMI converters is they may freeze the picture or bluescreen for way too long when the video signal gets a bit dirty.

The common issue with AV to HDMI converters is they may freeze the picture or bluescreen for way too long when the video signal gets a bit dirty.
Thanks for the info. I just want to be able to use the dji goggles with some of my "toyish" quads for indoors and maybe outdoor when not using it with the Mavic. No big deal if I crash one of them.

Thanks for the info. I just want to be able to use the dji goggles with some of my "toyish" quads for indoors and maybe outdoor when not using it with the Mavic. No big deal if I crash one of them.
How is that setup working for you? I thought about doing the same thing, but I wasn't sure about the lag. I already have that 5.8g receiver hooked up to my TV and it works great, but I wasn't sure about the stability of the HDMI converter. Were you able to power the receiver and converter together or are you using two power sources?

How is that setup working for you? I thought about doing the same thing, but I wasn't sure about the lag. I already have that 5.8g receiver hooked up to my TV and it works great, but I wasn't sure about the stability of the HDMI converter. Were you able to power the receiver and converter together or are you using two power sources?

Just for testing I used 2 power supplies. For quick response micro quads I found the lag annoying but usable if I slowed down. The hdmi converter seemed to introduce a little degradation of the video quality. Most my micro fpv cams are 520 to 600 vtl so that doesn't matter much anyway. After all that I'll probably just stick with my headplay goggles for quads other dji. No wires,no hassles and weighs half as much as my dji goggles.

OK, a bit confusing for me but it seems the 5.8ghz signal from my old quad cannot be received directly by the pagoda antenna on my new goggles re?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman