DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GOOGLES

$800 dollars? Grrrr [emoji35]

Sent from [emoji211]
Yes, $800ish, but it should also be noted that unlike my Cinemizers that I bought for $600 along with NVIDIA Shield $200. The Moverio BT-300 glasses are all in one. Basically it's an Android Tablet that you can wear on your head. Obviously its does more than just FPV.

So, how were the BT-300s?

Typing a review as we speak and @spiderpig will post video later...with that said, I loved them!

Anyone compare these to the DJI Goggles in terms of quality of image. I understand that these help on VLS, but how is the experience in terms of usability, connectivity, etc vs the DJI Goggles. Apologies if there is a thread on this already. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Anyone compare these to the DJI Goggles in terms of quality of image. I understand that these help on VLS, but how is the experience in terms of usability, connectivity, etc vs the DJI Goggles. Apologies if there is a thread on this already. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Compare to what? I owned various other goggles and the DJI are truly in a class of their own.

Owning both I can tell you that its like comparing apple & oranges. The only thing they have in common is that you wear both on your head. If you looking for a 100% compatible device to fly any DJI product using FPV then the DJI Goggles are the route to take. If you're one of "those" folks that worry about VLOS then the Moverios are for you, but the DJI goggles do allow for an easy flip up feature.

If you're one of "those" folks that worry about VLOS then the Moverios are for you, but the DJI goggles do allow for an easy flip up feature.
I own the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses and would not recommend anyone buy them because they will be able to fly VLOS. After inserting the darkest shades (which are really needed in normal daylight conditions), I found it's impossible to see anything but the screen in the glasses. Lighter shades might give you partial VLOS, but it'll then be tough to see the DJI GO app.

As for a comparison between those and the DJI Goggles, it's definitely like comparing apples and oranges. If I could only buy one, I'd take the DJI Goggles. The picture is larger, easier to see, they are wireless, easier to setup, the picture is not blurry in the corners, they are much less expensive, the built-in app is easier to navigate, you can use a mobile device running DJI GO at the same time... it's really no contest. The only real con is the size/portability of the DJI Goggles.

Last edited:
I own the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses and would not recommend anyone buy them because they will be able to fly VLOS. After inserting the darkest shades (which are really needed in normal daylight conditions), I found it's impossible to see anything but the screen in the glasses. Lighter shades might give you partial VLOS, but it'll then be tough to see the DJI GO app.

As for a comparison between those and the DJI Goggles, it's definitely like comparing apples and oranges. If I could only buy one, I'd take the DJI Goggles. The picture is larger, easier to see, they are wireless, easier to setup, the picture is not blurry in the corners, they are much less expensive, the built-in app is easier to navigate, you can use a mobile device running DJI GO at the same time... it's really no contest. The only real con is the size/portability of the DJI Goggles.

I have to respectfully disagree. If I could only have one It would definitely be the Moverios. I am lucky enough to have both but would consider selling the DJI goggles if I could break even.

There is no doubt they are very different so it really comes down to what you want to do with them. They do offer VLOS around the screen which works very well. You won't really want to look through the screen unless the drone is really close. So that is not really an issue.

I actually prefer viewing DJI Go 4 through the glasses instead of the DJI goggles interface. The goggles interface right now is horrible in my opinion but I am sure it will eventually be updated.

The way I typically fly is alone and out in public (park bench,etc). For this purpose the Moverios are perfect. They allow me to see the drone, the screen, and everything around me at the same time. I originally bought them to be able to see the screen on a sunny day. It was impossible to see an iPhone or iPad screen in the middle of the day. I also don't attract much attention as the glasses look like a oversized pair of sunglasses.

I fly almost exclusively with the Moverios. I don't think I will use the goggles once the novelty wears off.

All this being said if you want an immersive FPV experience the goggles are for you. Honestly though flying at 40 mph 300 feet in the air isn't much of an FPV experience. If you want a way to clearly view the screen while flying and the ability to wear them anywhere the Moverios are for you.

Looks like this comparison topic boils down to just a matter of preference, but we all seem to agree that the DJI Goggles should not be compared to the Moverio glasses. Unlike @msinger I had no issue with VLOS using the Moverios, but when I let my flying buddy use them he did have an issue.

Thank you for all your feedback. I appreciate it. Its still kinda tough to decide as one cannot know what is preferable unless one tries both out! @Anthony Viscomi since you have both, if you were to choose only one, which one would you buy?

Thank you for all your feedback. I appreciate it. Its still kinda tough to decide as one cannot know what is preferable unless one tries both out! @Anthony Viscomi since you have both, if you were to choose only one, which one would you buy?
First let me state that I'm a "gadget/techie guy" and I tend to purchase a lot of **** I don't need or use. With that said, I bought the Moverios because they were 1 of the only options available at that time and DJI had not announced any order date for their goggles. Fast forward to now...if I had to choose between Moverio or DJI I would buy DJI. I did have to purchase a pair of cheater glasses to wear with the DJI Goggles due to the fact that my prescription glasses have progressive lenses.

First let me state that I'm a "gadget/techie guy" and I tend to purchase a lot of **** I don't need or use. With that said, I bought the Moverios because they were 1 of the only options available at that time and DJI had not announced any order date for their goggles. Fast forward to now...if I had to choose between Moverio or DJI I would buy DJI. I did have to purchase a pair of cheater glasses to wear with the DJI Goggles due to the fact that my prescription glasses have progressive lenses.
Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc