DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Ground Station Pro

devGOD

Reactions
Has anyone done 3D mapping with GSP? I've only seen a handful of video regarding GSP

On iOS it's iPad only right now which limits its appeal to me for use with the Mavic Pro where I'm usually using my 7+ to save on space.

That said I found GSP workable when I tried it with my P3P / iPad Mini - Was able to easily set the overlap percentage and I liked that it gave more info on the drones health than some other apps do. Important to remember if you are hovering and capturing that you are limited to 99 capture points...

I've only used it a few times, but if you have any questions I can try to help :)

tried to use it yesterday first time, it worked ok, but the pics were whited out and seem out of focus. not a pro at this , just learning, though it seems the limited way points only up 99, maybe a problem. after stitching was not very pleased with the results.

Just getting into 3D mapping and found GSP worked well. I did the same area with GSP and Dronedeploy. GSP stops for every photo while DD takes them as it goes. Now processing with pix4d to see if one is more accurate etc. DD was way faster while flying.

Reactions: mavin
I tried this app and was unable to get my Mavic to fly the waypoints. I was able to link to the aircraft with the GSP app, rather than DJI Go4. I was able to take off, but when I tried to start a previously-saved set of waypoints the aircraft would not follow them.

Any ideas?

I am excited about this app, mainly because it's built by DJI. I had some very bad luck with Drone Deploy basically causing my drone to plummet 300' after completing a mission. I like the fact it is easy to "pause" the mission at any time, but can't seem to get it to work. Any advice would be apprecicated. I've only tried this once.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69