DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI hints new Mavic Pro?

Qtonic

Reactions
I got an email today from DJI offering 10% off the P4P or Inspire2.

Below the offer it says "Watch this space as our latest Mavic Pro will be available in early May"

See the screenshot.

KqzZTN5.jpg

The teaser for the new product they're launching does kind of look like a button release near a motor, similar to the Mavic. Thoughts?

Looks like they may be just offering the education discount for the Mavic, " A New discount

I did consider that, but it seems odd they'd hint at a discount over three months away. They don't normally say when any discount will be coming.

Reactions: CaveDrone
Perhaps the email isn't referencing the upcoming launch, but it could still be a new product in the Mavic line.

Apple has said they won't get the Mavic pro in stock until April. Amazon and the rest are in a holding pattern until March 20th. Why on Earth would any company release a version II of a product when the assembly plant cannot even keep up with the sales of Version1 ?

Also if they sell Mavics in late March to the thousands of people waiting on Amazon. They better hope nothing further leaks on a Mavic2 because all of them will be sending theirs back within the 30 day no ask return policy window.

I suspect that what they meant to say was the Latest Mavic Pro accessory. As in the Goggles are coming out in May.

You "May" be correct. Typically if a company cares about communication, they'd send out a followup email clarifying something like that. Not like something that controversial wouldn't have been brought to their attention.

You "May" be correct. Typically if a company cares about communication, they'd send out a followup email clarifying something like that. Not like something that controversial wouldn't have been brought to their attention.

The Chinese version of that notice may have been done properly. I have never found the Chinese to be overly concerned about what anybody in the western world thinks about something. I suspect they find it amusing that we are contemplating their next move instead of it being the other way around.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Apple has said they won't get the Mavic pro in stock until April. Amazon and the rest are in a holding pattern until March 20th. Why on Earth would any company release a version II of a product when the assembly plant cannot even keep up with the sales of Version1 ?

Also if they sell Mavics in late March to the thousands of people waiting on Amazon. They better hope nothing further leaks on a Mavic2 because all of them will be sending theirs back within the 30 day no ask return policy window.

It could be another product in the Mavic Pro line, but not necessarily a replacement. A more Phantom sized Mavic, perhaps.

Who knows. I just got the email and thought it was curious.

Reactions: dewster
What is "this space" referring to? Is that referring to a discount space, or is this just some sort of creators' space?

I have wanted a real drone for a long time - other than my sweet Hubsan X4. When I saw the Mavic, I felt like everything I wanted and a lot of what I didn't know I wanted in a drone was finally available, and I pulled the trigger on Amazon. After various delays, Amazon is finally saying that they are preparing to ship my Mavic next week. However, after waiting this long, I kind wonder whether I ought to wait another month or two for the Mavic 2. There is only one thing I really want in the second version - rear obstacle avoidance. I want a follow me function that doesn't just shoot the back of my head.

You guys know a lot more about DJI and the way they operate than I do. What do you think the chances are that a new Mavic is announced before summer? And what is the likelihood that rear obstacle avoidance is part of the Mavic 2? What is the likelihood that it still has the same price tag?

This purchase is going to be a splurge for me. I won't be upgrading next year or even in the next several years. I think I will probably be very happy with the Mavic. Am I over-thinking the value of a follow me function that films my front side? Can follow me even work that way - assuming you had rear obstacle avoidance?

Thanks for your ideas.

If they have a new Mavic so soon, I'd bet it will be a cheaper version, like the Mavic Standard, less features, like they did with the Phantom series.

I'd pull the trigger now on the Mavic Pro, its awesome, and regardless of what comes next, it will always be awesome.

If they have a new Mavic so soon, I'd bet it will be a cheaper version, like the Mavic Standard, less features, like they did with the Phantom series.

I'd pull the trigger now on the Mavic Pro, its awesome, and regardless of what comes next, it will always be awesome.
Thanks, I have seen some speculation of that. Apparently DJI's trademark registration filings suggest a scaled down version of the Mavic. That would make some sense as long as they still have significant unfilled demand on the original.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne