DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Matrice 30 & High Altitude Propellers

ScottTX

Reactions
Was looking at the specifications for the new DJI Matrice 30 & it listed optional "High Altitude Propellers"
Are these types of propellers available for other DJI drone models?
These might be cool for folks that live in places like Denver etc.

There are for some models via DJI. Some that aren’t may be available by aftermarket sources. They do provide an improvement in thin air.
The claimed 7000 meter ceiling for the M-30 would certainly call for some consideration in that area.

There are for some models via DJI. Some that aren’t may be available by aftermarket sources. They do provide an improvement in thin air.
The claimed 7000 meter ceiling for the M-30 would certainly call for some consideration in that area.
Thanks!

I have been at 14,000’ and flew to 1643’ above that. Had no trouble other than wind coming up causing it a moment where it did not want to come down. So why the need for high altitude props? Really not planning to go up to Everest!

I have been at 14,000’ and flew to 1643’ above that. Had no trouble other than wind coming up causing it a moment where it did not want to come down. So why the need for high altitude props? Really not planning to go up to Everest!
The question here would be if you noticed a performance/battery difference at 14,000 feet versus that same aircraft flying at 1000 feet.
I have done similar to the 14,000 feet and that altitude was distinguishable to me.

The question here would be if you noticed a performance/battery difference at 14,000 feet versus that same aircraft flying at 1000 feet.
I have done similar to the 14,000 feet and that altitude was distinguishable to me.
I really did not!
I relay did not!

These might be cool for folks that live in places like Denver etc.
Not really.
The M30 is a heavy lump of a thing with two large batteries and a total weight of 4000g.
DJI consumer drones are much lighter (M3 = 900g, Air 2S = 600g)
Denver's altitude of 1600 metres is far lower than the service ceilings of those drones (M3 = 7000m, Air 2S = 6000m)

Not really.
The M30 is a heavy lump of a thing with two large batteries and a total weight of 4000g.
DJI consumer drones are much lighter (M3 = 900g, Air 2S = 600g)
Denver's altitude of 1600 metres is far lower than the service ceilings of those drones (M3 = 7000m, Air 2S = 6000m)
I get the service ceiling service parameter. I was just curious that if the were props designed for thinner air, they would perform (noticeably) better at say 5000' feet, than props that might have been designed assuming "sea level"

Also, I'm lusting after an M30 :)

I get the service ceiling service parameter. I was just curious that if the were props designed for thinner air, they would perform (noticeably) better at say 5000' feet, than props that might have been designed assuming "sea level"
5000 ft really isn't a big deal when the service ceiling is so much higher.
Also, I'm lusting after an M30 :)

What for?
It's a big heavy lump with two toy cameras.
Not a particularly useful drone for most people.

Lust. Probably part of the discussion at the DJI design table when they’re calculating sales for a new product.

5000 ft really isn't a big deal when the service ceiling is so much higher.

What for?
It's a big heavy lump with two toy cameras.
Not a particularly useful drone for most people.
Hmmm. I would respectfully disagree with that assessment.

That it is "a heavy lump with two toy cameras".
It weighs 3.8 kg or 8.3 pounds - more than 4 times as much as the Mavic 3.
It's heavier than an Inspire 2.
It has two cameras with tiny 1/2 inch sensors.

So it's heavy and the cameras aren't going to excite any serious photographers.

Last edited:
I would agree that this is not ideal for photography and videography. I regret that I didn't know that's what you were talking about. But it works wonders for search and rescue, inspections, predator identification and control, and many other very useful purposes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel