DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm Confused about Mavic 3 propellers replacement. What to buy?

I use the DJI OEM replacements for all critical components props bateries . If I have a failure and need to send to DJI I do not want to give them any reason to deny repair under care refresh. If one is nicked replace it as long as you use the same type.

If one is chipped, replace them all. It's not truly necessary, but better safe than sorry. I always replace all 4 at once if a single prop is nicked.
Vic-

Now you've got me worried. I replaced the chipped propeller only with Original Equipment DJI props, since the other three sets were in perfect condition with smooth edges and non-bruised, nicked, etc.
Do you really think I need to open up three more prop sets?

Dale

No its not necessary, just some people replace all most just replace the damaged one.

Props are a critical performance part (of course) and they are cheap. I only buy these at dji.com
This way you can be sure you are getting the real thing

I agree, props are cheap. Makes little sense to use them one at a time. Honestly, I have SO many props laying around here I'm thinking about giving them away; can I do that in the classified?

I agree, props are cheap. Makes little sense to use them one at a time. Honestly, I have SO many props laying around here I'm thinking about giving them away; can I do that in the classified?
Just because props are cheap, doesn't mean that I have to change 4 sets (8) of props when a single prop got nicked while landing on pad and struck the landing pad yellow stake? No way. Some of the adults on this forum needs to explain to me why I need to replace perfectly normal looking props because of that.The remaining props have smooth edges and no signs of wear. Amazon charged me $35.00 usd for two sets to replace one motor).

Just because props are cheap, doesn't mean that I have to change 4 sets (8) of props when a single prop got nicked while landing on pad and struck the landing pad yellow stake? No way. Some of the adults on this forum needs to explain to me why I need to replace perfectly normal looking props because of that.The remaining props have smooth edges and no signs of wear. Amazon charged me $35.00 usd for two sets to replace one motor).
Surely it's not a requirement just like it probably isn't entirely necessary to replace the prop that struck the stake if you inspected it and like the other 3, no visible damage. The way I think about is the lifetime of the drone which for me usually involves one complete change of props. Personally it makes no sense to me to end up with 2 or 3 unused props when my drone goes out of service. I will say if you change all 4 to brand new props and you throw away the damaged prop, you should *keep* the 3 used but still ok props for use another [emergency] day.

Same with tires of the car (but that's not exactly apples to apples since wear is more apparent). If I blow one tire, unless the other tire is practically new, I would change two tires (not 4). Again, if the other tire is not too bad, perhaps it makes a good spare for the 2nd blowout and you're effectively back to square on.

My comment on replacement mostly around the extra props already given to you by DJI. There's a reason why they give you 4 spares, not 2 (although there may be some packages where this is done which means you can replace one at a time depending on the type). But this is likely only meant to get you temporarily back up in the air for the day. Agreed if you have to spend, spend, spend then you should take that into account but honestly, I don't think anyone sells props by the 1's which would be the chief complaint from those who determine it's best for them to replace only non-functional props. But, maybe that's to avoid confusing on actually buying the right type so min 2 makes sense. But yeah, don't go out and buy props just to replace props necessarily.

If you need Mavic 3 props, I have Mavic 3 props. I use MA props for the colors and honestly, will never go back to OEM Mavic 3 props and I bought the combo so I have a bunch. If I break a prop, my Mavic 3 gets a MA replacement. I will keep one OEM set for Care Refresh but when I sell the Mavic 3 (which I will when Mavic 4 or 5) comes out, I will keep the extra OEM props since, in my opinion, including a bunch of extra props in your private sale does little or nothing to get a better price.

Surely it's not a requirement just like it probably isn't entirely necessary to replace the prop that struck the stake if you inspected it and like the other 3, no visible damage. The way I think about is the lifetime of the drone which for me usually involves one complete change of props. Personally it makes no sense to me to end up with 2 or 3 unused props when my drone goes out of service. I will say if you change all 4 to brand new props and you throw away the damaged prop, you should *keep* the 3 used but still ok props for use another [emergency] day.

Same with tires of the car (but that's not exactly apples to apples since wear is more apparent). If I blow one tire, unless the other tire is practically new, I would change two tires (not 4). Again, if the other tire is not too bad, perhaps it makes a good spare for the 2nd blowout and you're effectively back to square on.

My comment on replacement mostly around the extra props already given to you by DJI. There's a reason why they give you 4 spares, not 2 (although there may be some packages where this is done which means you can replace one at a time depending on the type). But this is likely only meant to get you temporarily back up in the air for the day. Agreed if you have to spend, spend, spend then you should take that into account but honestly, I don't think anyone sells props by the 1's which would be the chief complaint from those who determine it's best for them to replace only non-functional props. But, maybe that's to avoid confusing on actually buying the right type so min 2 makes sense. But yeah, don't go out and buy props just to replace props necessarily.

If you need Mavic 3 props, I have Mavic 3 props. I use MA props for the colors and honestly, will never go back to OEM Mavic 3 props and I bought the combo so I have a bunch. If I break a prop, my Mavic 3 gets a MA replacement. I will keep one OEM set for Care Refresh but when I sell the Mavic 3 (which I will when Mavic 4 or 5) comes out, I will keep the extra OEM props since, in my opinion, including a bunch of extra props in your private sale does little or nothing to get a better price.
Mavic 3 USA

Thanks so much for taking time to reply. I read everything through carefully, twice. I searched for the actual reason that all new props would be in order and I am not sure that issue was addressed. I am really trying to understand the physics and mechanics of replacing all props. The tire analogy does not sway me bcause I can plainly see wear on a tire tread. I was born in 1938, just when WWII broke out. I was taught by my parents to be frugal, since they had gone through the great depression.As a child, I saved metal coat hangers for the war effort.

I am now approaching 86 (September) Money is absolutely not a problem. I will not be able to spend what I've got. It just gooes against my inate frugalness to replace completely normal looking parts. When this M3 drone goes out of stock I will probably be old too fly and/or travel.

I still have all the original, unused sets of props, plus two new DJI sets ordered and delivered yesterday. I will be flying the M3 a lot on my upcoming triip to Kyrgystan, where there are lots of obstacles. I am keeping those props for any events on that trip.

In summary, I need a physical,mechanical reason to replace the three remaining sets.

Dale
Miami

Mavic 3 USA

Thanks so much for taking time to reply. I read everything through carefully, twice. I searched for the actual reason that all new props would be in order and I am not sure that issue was addressed. I am really trying to understand the physics and mechanics of replacing all props. The tire analogy does not sway me bcause I can plainly see wear on a tire tread. I was born in 1938, just when WWII broke out. I was taught by my parents to be frugal, since they had gone through the great depression.As a child, I saved metal coat hangers for the war effort.

I am now approaching 86 (September) Money is absolutely not a problem. I will not be able to spend what I've got. It just gooes against my inate frugalness to replace completely normal looking parts. When this M3 drone goes out of stock I will probably be old too fly and/or travel.

I still have all the original, unused sets of props, plus two new DJI sets ordered and delivered yesterday. I will be flying the M3 a lot on my upcoming triip to Kyrgystan, where there are lots of obstacles. I am keeping those props for any events on that trip.

In summary, I need a physical,mechanical reason to replace the three remaining sets.

Dale
Miami
Understood and going to Kyrgystan would be a major trip for me so I personally would want to start out with the best props I had just in case I couldn't see what I needed to see with my older props. But yes I don't know of a physical or mechanical reason to replace those. Like the Autel props, they are built to last a long long time and as far as I know, no one has had a major issue because of a "used" props that hadn't worn out. If that's the case, no damage, no replace.

You don’t have to replace perfectly good props.

Reactions: msinger
Going to Kyrgystan, I would recommend at least two full sets of DJI OE props. You won't find them in the field over there. Better to have rope and not need it than need it and not have it. Cheap insurance and take up little space. I have bought from Amazon and Advexure.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Going to Kyrgystan, I would recommend at least two full sets of DJI OE props. You won't find them in the field over there. Better to have rope and not need it than need it and not have it. Cheap insurance and take up little space. I have bought from Amazon and Advexure.
Exactly my point. I am now going there with three full sets. If I needed an M3 prop there in Bishkek ( capital) , I would be S.O.L.
Just got off 30 min wait with DJI chat/support- NO NEED to replace props, even if 2 years old, if they are in good condition- no dings, bends, scratches, etvc.

NO NEED to replace props, even if 2 years old, if they are in good condition- no dings, bends, scratches, etvc.
Agreed. Replacing all props "just in case" seems rather wasteful.

I am gearing up for a very long and important trip to Kyrgystan and I am checking out my Mavic 3 original propellers. Lo and behold, the tip of one of them is nicked off. So I am looking at the Amazon site and find all of these options. I know I need to replace all of the propellers (4 sets) right? So what should I buy - original DJI or one of these?

Would really appreciate any guidance.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 174802View attachment 174802
Get DJI Original props. Carbon fiber are good but to stiff and could make your pics blurry.

Vic-

Now you've got me worried. I replaced the chipped propeller only with Original Equipment DJI props, since the other three sets were in perfect condition with smooth edges and non-bruised, nicked, etc.
Do you really think I need to open up three more prop sets?

Dale
I'm a firm believer in this tactic. But many, including yourself likely, think it's too much. I'm an overly cautious person by nature, and odds are what you're doing it fine. No need to worry.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayakin2