DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 for photography - All you need to know

In-depth analysis of all the different aspects of photography with the DJI Mavic 3 Pro.
Plenty of images taken in different light conditions, both with the main wide-angle lens and with the telephoto one
Nicely done video, but I didn't know there was a Mavic 3 Pro. I've only ever heard of a Mavic 3 Pro ;). Great video regardless.

Wanna get technical, the Air 2S is not labled as a Mavic anywhere on DJI's website. It's a DJI Air 2S. ;)
Just pretend you don't see that error at the bottom of every one of my messages....🤣

While we're at it, just for future reference, there is no such thing as a micro four thirds sensor.

If the summary sounds interesting, maybe I watch.

Seems like some people join the forum to post links to their YouTube videos.

After you hear the summary, why watch the video? You already know everything he's going to say. Also, you're essentially asking someone to watch the video and tell you what it was about. In my opinion, just watch it yourself.

Great video as always Vic.

Having re-watched this video last night it's re-affirmed my decision to stick with the Air 2S. The marginal increase in low-light performance and dynamic range just don't seem worth it when compared to the tradeoffs (size, cost, lack of working features).

Reactions: PhuketAl
Another great video! Vic, thanks for sharing.

I understand what you’re saying, and that’s true in some cases. But the bottom line is: either watch it or don’t watch it, it’s up to you. Happy flying👍🏽

Reactions: MaxE1955!
Thanks for sharing Vic!

While we're at it, just for future reference, there is no such thing as a micro four thirds sensor.
Not that it matters much, but when I read this confident sounding pronouncement, I thought, well, let's just see about that...

"The Micro Four Thirds system (MFT or M4/3) (マイクロフォーサーズシステム, Maikuro Fō Sāzu Shisutemu) is a standard released by Olympus and Panasonic in 2008,[1]"

" Butler, Richard (August 5, 2008). "Olympus / Panasonic announce Micro Four Thirds". Digital Photography Review. Archived from the original on 2014-08-17."

No such thing, huh? Why it even has its own acronym. So, this appears to be one of the best documented non-existent things I've encountered lately, setting aside the almighty...

Or perhaps there's more to this story you'd like to share with the class.

No such thing, huh?
He was being pedantic, but he was correct.
There are plenty of 4/3 sensors and there is a micro 4/3 system that you've referred to, but no such thing as a micro 4/3 sensor.

He was being pedantic, but he was correct.
There are plenty of 4/3 sensors and there is a micro 4/3 system that you've referred to, but no such thing as a micro 4/3 sensor.
Warning this really is pointless, but, for example read:
“Micro 4/3 Sensor
The first micro 4/3 cameras were only released in 2008, from a standard developed by Olympus and Panasonic for their iterations of mirrorless cameras.

The micro four thirds sensor size is 17.3 mm wide × 13.0 mm high (21.6 mm on the diagonal), which is comparable to the 110 cartridge film developed by Kodak.

A micro 4/3 sensor gets its name because this width and height is in the 4:3 aspect ratio, which is the standard medium format ratio. Standard DSLRs and cameras that use 35mm film have a 3:2 aspect ratio, so comparing the micro four thirds vs APS C cameras, the micro four thirds cameras are better suited for making prints at standard medium format sizes like 6 x 4.5 inches.”

Also I’ve never seen any four thirds camera that wasn’t a micro four thirds camera with a micro four thirds sensor. If you think that’s redundant, I agree. But that is the original descriptor, as defined previously.

Warning this really is pointless, but, for example read:
“Micro 4/3 Sensor
The first micro 4/3 cameras were only released in 2008, from a standard developed by Olympus and Panasonic for their iterations of mirrorless cameras.
I wasn't wanting to join in the pedantry, but since you brought it up, I'll try to remove the confusion.

There are 4/3 sensors and there are micro 4/3 camera systems, but there are no micro 4/3 sensors..
There is nothing "micro" about the sensor and all 4/3 cameras, whether 4/3 or micro 4/3 use the same size sensors.
The micro refers to the camera mount which puts the lens much closer to the sensor than in SLR cameras which need extra space for the mirror.
A micro 4/3 sensor gets its name because this width and height is in the 4:3 aspect ratio
It's coincidence that the aspect ratio is also 4/3 and the name does not come from that.
The name comes from the arcane method of naming sensor sizes which is explained in this article.

Also I’ve never seen any four thirds camera that wasn’t a micro four thirds camera with a micro four thirds sensor.
If you've seen a Mavic 3, that has a 4/3 camera - not a micro 4/3 camera as it does not have the micro 4/3 lens mount.

You'll find a list of several 4/3 cameras in this article.

Reactions: Point Zero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman