DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air has been released (taking pre-orders now)

Looks like our classified section has a few new additions to it ;)

What's the range on the Air?

Any other downsides besides flight time and wifi compared to the pro?

I think it’s about 2.5 Miles?
I don’t like that the remote doesn’t have ANY information displayed on it what-so-ever.

Reactions: Espen W
Did someone test the 1080p/60fps in the newer Mavic with firmwares updated ? Because this really concerns me right now , I wanted a drone to be able to make some slow-mo before I bought my Mavic Pro ( 30 December 2017 ) and this one comes out ... I'm a bit amazed.

I don’t like that the remote doesn’t have ANY information displayed on it what-so-ever.
Being that I have a Spark with a similar RC, that wasn't a "deal breaker".

Mavic air seems kind of blah to me. However, I likely would have considered it as my first drone just on price alone.

The one feature I would like to see on mpII is the ability to fly in the rain.

I find mavic to be a spectactular machine, but end up grounded too often because of rain.

Anyone know anything about the HDR mode? Is this just auto-bracketing (multiple shots at slightly different shutter/ISO for greater range) or is there inherently greater dynamic range being used?

I'm not exactly clear what demographic they are targeting at this price/feature point. Kind of a strange mix of features and performance.

Some interesting new flight tech that seems like a preview of things to come, though.

Specs state video bitrate is up to 100mbs which is Sony RX100 territory, it ought to be better than Mavic.
I won't buy it though with wifi range measured in hundreds of feet.

Mavic air seems kind of blah to me. However, I likely would have considered it as my first drone just on price alone.

I find mavic to be a spectactular machine, but end up grounded too often because of rain.

Agree^^. Like a day like today would be great for a waterproof- resistant bird [emoji6]

Specs state video bitrate is up to 100mbs which is Sony RX100 territory, it ought to be better than Mavic.
That's its recording bitrate to the onboard SD card, not transmitted back to the controller.
Or did I misunderstand, and your two statements weren't connected?

For me it's gonna come down to the reliability of the stated range. I don't really need to fly farther than a couple km (well out of visual range for me) but operating on WiFi in denser urban areas like where I live makes me nervous. It wouldn't surprise me if interference becomes an issue on this guy

Am a fisherman and Mavic PRO is just right for fly on ocean wind but I would like a bit more wind handling force on Mavic PRO 2

I just preordered. I was looking at the pro initially but oddly size and weight were the deciding factor. I wanted something to go in the electronics carry on bag on the plane when travelling. Laptop, camera, gopro, cellphone, cables and chargers, spare set of clothes, it adds up.

And now mavic air... woot woot

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph