DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
I've seen videos of Mavics doing this with the prop guard setting enabled. You didn't accidentally enable that, did you?

[EDIT] It looks and sounds to me like it's wobbling in the air, rather than hovering steadily. Is that what is happening?
exactly what the problem was, I went thru everything IMU cal, Compass Cal etc and then noticed the prop guard setting was on, turned it OFF and she was flying again. Also I took the Mav up to the white mountains and launched her off the top of a 3000 ft mtn top and she went straight thru the clouds serious footage including a high spped sport mode crash and a slower tree crash, and the little guy is still flying and barelly a scuff, props are junk again of course, Thanks for all the help guys.
RFB

exactly what the problem was, I went thru everything IMU cal, Compass Cal etc and then noticed the prop guard setting was on, turned it OFF and she was flying again. Also I took the Mav up to the white mountains and launched her off the top of a 3000 ft mtn top and she went straight thru the clouds serious footage including a high spped sport mode crash and a slower tree crash, and the little guy is still flying and barelly a scuff, props are junk again of course, Thanks for all the help guys.
RFB

Do you happen to have this footage? I'd love to see it!

It's actually a bit of a mystery :) I don't think there's been any official documentation or statement about the feature. All we know is that when some users have turned it on (intentionally or accidentally) the Mavic wobbled horribly when hovering.
But to be fair exactly how many of the features are well documented? I think the Mavic comes with poor documentation to begin with and the app is even worse. You have to dig around and hunt for things because they are not documented anywhere I have found.

Reactions: JLane
I've seen videos of Mavics doing this with the prop guard setting enabled. You didn't accidentally enable that, did you?

[EDIT] It looks and sounds to me like it's wobbling in the air, rather than hovering steadily. Is that what is happening?
yes the drone itself was wobbling/vibrating, after a while of going threu the controller, I noticed the prop guard setting was ON, turned it off and it was fine.

Spent the morning fixing a gimbal that poped out of its bracket, now Im having this happen.
the mavic was flying irregularly due to the PROP GUARD setting somehow being set to ON, turned it off and its perfect, The drone was Vibrating you could see and hear it. all fixed.
Try it over a surface other than grass. Like a wood floor or something that doesn't move and has texture or a pattern (pattern is best)

Some basics that looks like a GPS issue. Possible compass calibration issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I had a very wobbly Mavic this morning after putting on the DGI OEM prop guards. And to make a long story short, I recalibrated the compass, rebooted, and the wobble went away. However, one of the prop guards broke. They are made of hollow plastic, and it broke when it hit a tree limb only. Now since these are sold in pairs, I'll have to pay another $20 to fix this. But first: Would DJI replace these for free? Or can anyone recommend some better prop guards? Thanks!

Spent the morning fixing a gimbal that poped out of its bracket, now Im having this happen.
the mavic was flying irregularly due to the PROP GUARD setting somehow being set to ON, turned it off and its perfect, The drone was Vibrating you could see and hear it. all fixed.
I hit the Youtube icon and it says that "the video is not available."

Reactions: Tatuli
IMO, the DJI prop guards are the best choice on the market. I have DJI prop guards and I have bought third party ones. The DJI ones are the best. The PROP CAGE ($159) offers more protection. I have that also. As to will DJI replace? Call their support # (818) 235-0789

IMO, the DJI prop guards are the best choice on the market. I have DJI prop guards and I have bought third party ones. The DJI ones are the best. The PROP CAGE ($159) offers more protection. I have that also. As to will DJI replace? Call their support # (818) 235-0789
On my latest version of the DJI Go 4 app, the only thing it says relating to guards is for the DJI's "guard cage," and nothing about props.

My DJI OEM prop guards broke this morning. And the very small "wires" that hold the two sides together are lost. They are made of HOLLOW plastic, and it broke when it hit a tree limb only. They did protect the Mavic, but they were destroyed in the process! Now since these are sold in pairs, I'll have to pay another $20 to fix this. But first: Would DJI replace these for free? Or can anyone recommend some better prop guards? Thanks!

But to be fair exactly how many of the features are well documented? I think the Mavic comes with poor documentation to begin with, and the app is even worse. You have to dig around and hunt for things because they are not documented anywhere I have found.
I totally agree! Can't believe a company that makes such fine and expensive products, can't supply complete documentation. And most of what they do supply is too small (almost like a postage stamp!) They must have gotten that bad idea from Sony!

On my latest version of the DJI Go 4 app, the only thing it says relating to guards is for the DJI's "guard cage," and nothing about props.
No cage is needed in the GO app for prop GUARDS. Prop Cage is something else that I suggested. Look at DJI web site/store for them. Doesn't the dealer that you bought it from support you? They should be the ones to talk to re your issues.

I bought my Mavic on Ebay. No "dealer."
I mean "no change" is needed in the GO app for prop GUARDS. Only for Prop CAGES. Get a relationship going with a reliable dealer. I suggest Advexure.com (855) 625-2055

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan