DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Obstacle avoidance issue

gleavitt513

Reactions
Having an odd issue with the obstacle avoidance on my mavic air 2. When flying forward, the obstacle avoidance sensors seem to detect something, which causes the drone to jerk back and forth, and many times it wont even fly full speed with full stick applied. This does not happen when the obstacle avoidance is turned off, or when im flying backwards. I have checked the sensors multiple times, and they are clean. I thought maybe it was the sun, so i flew on an overcast day; same result. No beeps, or red on the screen indicating an obstacle. This happens no matter the height. Especially annoying when flying far distances, as it will not fly smoothly. Any ideas?

I also fly an A2, never had that problem. Would suggest recalibrating front sensors as a first step. Surprised you aren’t getting a warning to do that on startup or during flight.

I also fly an A2, never had that problem. Would suggest recalibrating front sensors as a first step. Surprised you aren’t getting a warning to do that on startup or during flight.
I thought about re calibrating, but I thought it would give me a warning if it needed it, but I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks!

Reactions: Capt KO
I thought about re calibrating, but I thought it would give me a warning if it needed it, but I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks!
Please let us know if it helps. Seems others have same OA problem, but no warning.

Reactions: J. Dub
Would try to clean the sensors first. Then recalibrate them using your computer and the DJI Assistant app.

Finally got a chance to calibrate the sensors (twice) and do a test flight. Overcast, slight wind, and very slight drizzle. (not enough to impede flying) Had the same result for a few minutes, jerky flight forward, until I turned OA off. Continued flying, and the issue seemed to stop (Although I'm not too sure if it's completely resolved, as the issue seemed to be a 50/50 in the first place). Will continue test flights.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13