DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Real World Orders

MavicPro

Reactions
How many of you know of people who also ordered the Mavic Pro in your life? Not on this forum but people you interact with in real life? Friends? Family? Co workers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots! I have also seen a lot of what I would consider acquaintances or "general friends" (friends that I have never talked about drones with or am friends with due to working with them in the drone industry) simply be talking about the Mavic (as well as the Karma) on Facebook and other social media. These same people who have never talked about or been involved in drones are also reaching out to order when they've never been into drones before.

The point is that the Mavic (and the Karma the week before the Mavic launched) has captured the attention of people who have never owned a drone or really had interest. The Mavic is really capturing attention from a whole new market of people. I guess what you are referring to as "real life" I am referring to as my general (non-drone related friends) and acquaintances who have had their attention captured by the Mavic and have also decided for their first drone to be the Mavic.

- Mike

Lots! I have also seen a lot of what I would consider acquaintances or "general friends" (friends that I have never talked about drones with or am friends with due to working with them in the drone industry) simply be talking about the Mavic (as well as the Karma) on Facebook and other social media. These same people who have never talked about or been involved in drones are also reaching out to order when they've never been into drones before.

The point is that the Mavic (and the Karma the week before the Mavic launched) has captured the attention of people who have never owned a drone or really had interest. The Mavic is really capturing attention from a whole new market of people. I guess what you are referring to as "real life" I am referring to as my general (non-drone related friends) and acquaintances who have had their attention captured by the Mavic and have also decided for their first drone to be the Mavic.

- Mike
That is freakin awesome! The Mavic truly is am awesome piece of technology! From what I gather

No one, people think I'm mad for spending £1000 on a drone :(
I totally understand. My father in law came over and seen my P4 I showed him a few test flights and he thought it cost $600, which he thought was crazy! I didn't correct him. At least my wife's on board. She actually enjoyed mine so much I went out and bought her one. And the other night we watched all the Mavic videos we could find on YouTube, today she tells me her Phantom 4 needs a baby! A baby Mavic! I love that woman! She now has one on preorder ;)

I know 3 others who have all ordered and are impatiently waiting. Got to talk with one of them at a bike rally last week.

Oh well I guess the back pack for the Inspire has to come out now!! **** those DJi delivery delusions....

people think I'm mad spending that sort of money, what they think is a toy
To be fair if its just to do selfies then I'd agree.... If however you are going to record and share those special moments that make life amazing then F'em!! LOL ;):p:D

I don't know anyone. Few people have talked about it, just a thinking about it kinda thing, but haven't ordered. Said they're going to wait a little while at least. They're the smart ones lol.

Reactions: Yourguide
I don't know anyone. Few people have talked about it, just a thinking about it kinda thing, but haven't ordered. Said they're going to wait a little while at least. They're the smart ones lol.
Snooze you loose!! LOL

I love the being a test pilot, the feeling you get when it beeps to say no signal or low battery.... the clenching of your bum cheeks thinking will it come home? did I set the 'return to home' height correctly? did it actually get a new home GPS?

:p:D

0 - Folks think i am insane for spending over 1000 bucks for a "toy"....

Reactions: MavicPro
If you think drones are an expensive hobby take up serious photography. I've spent well north of $60K in the last 15 years on various camera bodies and lenses. In fact, I once had a $6000 lens but sold it -- now my most expensive lens is a bit over $2K but I have many lenses over $1000. My main camera body is the Nikon D800E which cost $3200 when I bought them -- yes them, I have two of them.

The total kit out for my Inspire 1 Pro (X5) is about $9K with 8 batteries, 4 lenses, and other items that go with it. I don't expect to spend more than $2K for the Mavic Pro including 4 or more batteries.

Brian

If you think drones are an expensive hobby take up serious photography. I've spent well north of $60K in the last 15 years on various camera bodies and lenses. In fact, I once had a $6000 lens but sold it -- now my most expensive lens is a bit over $2K but I have many lenses over $1000. My main camera body is the Nikon D800E which cost $3200 when I bought them -- yes them, I have two of them.

The total kit out for my Inspire 1 Pro (X5) is about $9K with 8 batteries, 4 lenses, and other items that go with it. I don't expect to spend more than $2K for the Mavic Pro including 4 or more batteries.

Brian

I agree. Me and my wife started our own photography business, We started off with one Nikon D5000 DSLR which we shared, 2 years later we have so many cameras and equipment including 2 Phantom 4s , a Phantom 3 Pro and a Phantom 3 Advanced. Nikon D7200 , Canon dslr, Sony mirrorless , Sony dslr,I only ordered 1 Mavic Pro, tried talking her into getting one for herself but she keeps saying she will wait and see if she likes mine, she loves her Phantom 4 and says that's enough for her. Me on the other hand, I want to own them all! I've thought about ordering her a Mavic Pro quietly because I know she is going to love it and take it over ;) Which I don't mind because I love her! Hahaha! You know what I'm going to order a 2nd one right now! Hahaha! Apple Store or bestbuy? Or should I go with DJI directly like my first one? What do you guys think?

I agree. Me and my wife started our own photography business, We started off with one Nikon D5000 DSLR which we shared, 2 years later we have so many cameras and equipment including 2 Phantom 4s , a Phantom 3 Pro and a Phantom 3 Advanced. Nikon D7200 , Canon dslr, Sony mirrorless , Sony dslr,I only ordered 1 Mavic Pro, tried talking her into getting one for herself but she keeps saying she will wait and see if she likes mine, she loves her Phantom 4 and says that's enough for her. Me on the other hand, I want to own them all! I've thought about ordering her a Mavic Pro quietly because I know she is going to love it and take it over ;) Which I don't mind because I love her! Hahaha! You know what I'm going to order a 2nd one right now! Hahaha! Apple Store or bestbuy? Or should I go with DJI directly like my first one? What do you guys think?

Order another two and send one to me.

It seems the Mawic is more intended for the masses, i.e. people that have not been interested in drones before and who are not videographers / photographers.
So i think the Mawic will be selling more to that kind of people as well as to the people with an earlier drone interest.
Mawic will probably sell very good, even better than the Phantom series?

Reactions: kykayak
It seems the Mawic is more intended for the masses, i.e. people that have not been interested in drones before and who are not videographers / photographers.
So i think the Mawic will be selling more to that kind of people as well as to the people with an earlier drone interest.
Mawic will probably sell very good, even better than the Phantom series?

I'm hoping they continue the Phantom line,I already have the P5 funds ready to be thrown at DJI [emoji857]

My brother in law told me he was vaguely thinking of getting the P4.

When I told him about the Mavic he seemed very interested...

I never owned a drone.. I pulled the trigger on the Mavic, after over year talking/thinking about getting a drone.. I came close to getting the Karma, but then the Mavic came out and i just got went for it.. So I think I'm a typically first drone owner..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998