DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mini 3 gps module navigation error won’t take off

runfastermanhdhdh

Reactions
So I repaired my mini 35 replacing one of the ribbon cables that was torn and I expected the navigation air to go away and it let me fly, but it won’t saying more than likely GPS module is bad. It looks perfect to me. I put it in drone, hacks advance, parameters, Addie mode just by disabling two things, and it would let me fly in Addie mode but that’s ridiculous, do I need to replace the GPS module? I’ve tried almost everything if so, where can I get one for cheap and can I get a different brand does it have to be the DJI mini three module or can I go into the advanced parameters and change a few things to get the GPS connecting .

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
So what lead you to repair your drone? I could use more info, was it crashed? did the gimble come completely off, tearing the cable ,did it hit the ground hard or any other object hard before hitting the ground...etc.

I bought it from someone who barley crashed it after 10mins total flight time and they ripped the ribbon cable that attaches main board to Ecs board and checked it out, fully in depth and make sure everything else is perfect. Tread every reset everything downgrade upgrade it’s possible the GPS module is bad or one of the transistors or capacitors is blown. Navigation error 30501 week GPS signal, but it never connects to a single satellite. Repaired a few drones, but never had this issue.

• Wow
I will tell you that you are much better off sending in your drone did the wi-fi card die? who knows did you knock off a tab or some solder in the crash ? who Knows? you see I could tell you to buy a wi-fi card but if you have a damaged board the new card won't help you. Dji is fast and their prices are reasonable .
If you still wish to fix it yourself you may wish to start with a new wi-fi card and a new IMU But a crash that was hard enough to rip that cable probably dislodged solder from some connection somewhere.

So I repaired my mini 35 replacing one of the ribbon cables that was torn and I expected the navigation air to go away and it let me fly, but it won’t saying more than likely GPS module is bad. It looks perfect to me. I put it in drone, hacks advance, parameters, Addie mode just by disabling two things, and it would let me fly in Addie mode but that’s ridiculous, do I need to replace the GPS module? I’ve tried almost everything if so, where can I get one for cheap and can I get a different brand does it have to be the DJI mini three module or can I go into the advanced parameters and change a few things to get the GPS connecting .
Unlikely. A different GPS module probably is programmed differently (i.e. the register addresses for setup, the meaning of different bits in configuration, etc. are not standardized), so the software driver in the drone Linux OS won't know how to talk to it. This can't be fixed by adjusting parameters.

Also, what's on the board? The IMU may be on there too as well as the barometer. Is the board silk-screened with DJI, or some other supplier?