Join Us Now

DJI official Mavic sun hood

thestone11

Reactions
Anyone got it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

a2ea2d4b9e1f0b318194de1b575e2736.jpg

Reactions: Wacker2611
Ordered it from DJI. Hope it's decent although there are probably better solutions out already.

Has anyone used any of these sunshades/hoods to comment on their effectiveness?
I'd imagine the shade would be effective at reducing glare but as for protection I think the gimbal plastic is fairly thin and flimsy. On impact I have no doubt it will break instantly with only hoping that the plastic cuts the impact momentum.

I'd imagine the shade would be effective at reducing glare but as for protection I think the gimbal plastic is fairly thin and flimsy. On impact I have no doubt it will break instantly with only hoping that the plastic cuts the impact momentum.

We r talking sun hoods for phone or tablet. Has nothing to do with gimbal or camera.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I ordered it and received it but have not flown with it yet. I'll let you know how it works.

Can we have a few installed photos please ??

Maybe even an unboxing and fitting video :)

medium_2f69e2f5-a1b7-4e59-9b8e-1a396fb2ae85.jpg

DJI's design looks awful. If I was happy using my phone I would use the one made by aerialdroneaccessories.com found here: DJI Mavic Sunshade
Mavic-Sunshade-Assembled-with-Remote_large.jpg

But I'd rather fly with a tablet so ordered the mavmount and the hi-aerial hood with boost.

medium_2f69e2f5-a1b7-4e59-9b8e-1a396fb2ae85.jpg

DJI's design looks awful. If I was happy using my phone I would use the one made by aerialdroneaccessories.com found here: DJI Mavic Sunshade
Mavic-Sunshade-Assembled-with-Remote_large.jpg

But I'd rather fly with a tablet so ordered the mavmount and the hi-aerial hood with boost.

I just acquired this one frome Aerial Drone Accessories too and it is fantastic. I note on their website they are about to come out with something similar for the iPad Mini. The reason this one works so well is that the phone sits "below" the controller level and it enable access to the iPhone home button which virtually every other mount/shade blocks. It sacrifices the default lightning connector but that is no loss. I use a short (6") cable to the USB port which is very close by. Hint: Insert the USB cable before installing the mount as the mount ends up blocking the USB port on the bottom of the controller.

Reactions: superdave5050
I just acquired this one frome Aerial Drone Accessories too and it is fantastic. I note on their website they are about to come out with something similar for the iPad Mini. The reason this one works so well is that the phone sits "below" the controller level and it enable access to the iPhone home button which virtually every other mount/shade blocks. It sacrifices the default lightning connector but that is no loss. I use a short (6") cable to the USB port which is very close by. Hint: Insert the USB cable before installing the mount as the mount ends up blocking the USB port on the bottom of the controller.
That one is available now, but I've found that 3 sided hoods just don't quite cut it. It seems like anyone that's used a hoodman with extension or the hi-ariel hood with boost will tell you that's the very best way to block out light. Now, if I had to keep a light load and use my iPhone I think that mount I posted above from aerial drone acc. looks great and I might consider it for vacations and such.

Reactions: Crenshaw
That one is available now, but I've found that 3 sided hoods just don't quite cut it. It seems like anyone that's used a hoodman with extension or the hi-ariel hood with boost will tell you that's the very best way to block out light. Now, if I had to keep a light load and use my iPhone I think that mount I posted above from aerial drone acc. looks great and I might consider it for vacations and such.

I agree the Hoodman looks like a very nice option but unfortunately it's not an option here in Canada because it does not comply with Transport Canada's "line of sight" requirements.

I agree the Hoodman looks like a very nice option but unfortunately it's not an option here in Canada because it does not comply with Transport Canada's "line of sight" requirements.
lol yes, technically every time you look down at your controller you are breaking line of sight even without a hood. You must have spoke with someone that doesn't understand the product. The hoodman or hi-aerial doesn't break the law. No one if forcing you to rest your head on the hood. You can look up at the drone or down at the controller the same as without the hood. It just blocks sun/glare. It does not interfere with line of sight.

did anyone get the DJI hood yet? i cant seem to find it in the usa. maybe have to order it from china. I use a 7" tablet that fits in the stock mavic controller arms and cant seem to find anything else that will work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21