DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Osmo Action 2 Released today: What do you think?

BSauce955

Inspire or be Inspired
Approved Vendor
Reactions
DJI Osmo Action 2
Hey guys!
The DJI Osmo Action 2 was released this morning at $399 for the "Power Combo" and $519 for the "Dual-Screen Combo"! From what I see, it's very unique. I'm not really sure if I like it but I want to know what you guys think! Considering the GoPro Hero 10 has come out with 5.3k (I think. Not sure about FPS) how do you think the Osmo Action 2 compares?

Reactions: Droniac
Rotor Riot YT review using it on fpv drones certainly looked really (really) good.
Might get one to put on the Spark, now the weight is really down on a suitable action cam.
Be interesting to get rear views with a mount back there.
Use it on any current or future (FPV) drones.

As someone who uses a lot of action cameras I'm quite excited about it although waiting to see what real user reviews are like, I was reading a 'professional' review claiming the Osmo Action 2 showed how pointless action cameras were these days and concluded that people would be much better off with an iphone pro 13 somehow missing the entire point of an 'action' camera.

I still mainly use the old GoPro Sessions as I like their small size so I think the Action 2 looks good with the option of the small size or clip on a module if you need something else.