DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI out of stock

Way off topic but interesting how, apparently, we can say "shitting" and "piss", but not "****" (d a m n) or "****" (h e l l) without being censored. **** it to ****. :rolleyes:

Yes I was surprised his post was not **** to death.
Every time I post D.A.M.N it gets changed to DANG.
They have a very odd censoring module running.

Rob

Reactions: Manfrenjensen
New****Update

So.. after another extensive chat with DJI, they're now saying Mavic will be delivered tomorrow and Battery will be delayed.

Ordered my Mavic Pro and an Extra Battery on 1/16/17. The Chat representative said it will ship on or before 1/26/17. Fingers crossed I don't get the delayed email!

Can't believe these delays are still ongoing with confusion. You guys weren't around for the fun in October/November though, haha.
I just want the ordering improved in case I crash mine. I want to know I can replace it without a huge ordering mess again.

Reactions: PowerT1998
That's extremely disappointing. My condolences. The upside it that the Mavic is an amazing piece of technology. I was just chasing whales in Hawaii with it. Seriously. The company may be unethical, but the product is killer.
Love the whales!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe these delays are still ongoing with confusion. You guys weren't around for the fun in October/November though, haha.
I just want the ordering improved in case I crash mine. I want to know I can replace it without a huge ordering mess again.

Good point. Maybe the reason that there's a backlog on the "current" orders is that DJI has to retain a quota to replace the "care refresh" stock.
Maybe they're not (Dishonest), that they're following GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE.
How could they have anticipated such an overwhelming DEMAND. And perhaps we here are at the very least partially responsible for that demand.
But rave on friends and fellow Mavic enthusiasts. I just love to hear all the good stuff that maybe someday I'll be able to chime in on from experience.
This is a great Forum. I get all hyped up every time I get on, based upon all the positive enthusiasm that's here.
Why do you think I ordered one and now wait in line patiently? It's the MACHINE and your all tales. Don't despair. Stay tuned and enjoy.

So after receiving the "your order will be shipped in March" email this morning, I just received an email telling my order had shipped. Will be delivered Monday.

I did order a couple of batteries on a separate order. Maybe that was what they were talking about.

Sent from my XT1585 using MavicPilots mobile app

Looking at the DJI website it says:
Mavic Pro :Estimated shipping: 10-15 business days of order confirmation.
Mavic Pro Combo : Estimated shipping: 7-10 business days of order confirmation.

I ordered on 1/17/17 jumping on the 3-5 day shipping announcement. I have not received any email regarding the dates changed or cancellation, although we are two days past that window and no word yet (unless it was 5-7 days, maybe I got that wrong)

Looking at the DJI website it says:
Mavic Pro :Estimated shipping: 10-15 business days of order confirmation.
Mavic Pro Combo : Estimated shipping: 7-10 business days of order confirmation.

I ordered on 1/17/17 jumping on the 3-5 day shipping announcement. I have not received any email regarding the dates changed or cancellation, although we are two days past that window and no word yet (unless it was 5-7 days, maybe I got that wrong)

It was 3-5 days, that is why I ordered mine on the 16th, a day before you.
I did the online chat on Monday, my 5th day, and they informed me that it would arrive 3-5 days after shipping confirmation, not order confirmation. Like I said in a previous post, they told me it would ship on or before the 26th (tomorrow), which would be 7-8 business days to ship, not 3-5. Lets see if they are true to their word!

Reactions: delray
(although no payment taken which is odd)
They didn't take payment for mine until after it was delivered (though it was dated on the credit card statement as the date it was ordered, so I expect they pre-authorized the amount on my card when it was ordered).

This is all so strange to me. I guess I got incredibly lucky. Decided to get one on or about 12/27. Somebody posted that BuiltDrones in Florida had them, and I snapped at it. Got a flymore about a week or so later.

The technology is just unreal, particularly for older people like myself, who went through school with a typewriter. DJI is clearly overwhelmed with worldwide demand. This little website represents just a piece of what is out there. They will catch up. That having been said, they do not appear to have 'western' sensibilities about how customers should be treated. It is a chinese company, with eastern sensibilities. This is not surprising. What did anybody expect?

This is all so strange to me. I guess I got incredibly lucky. Decided to get one on or about 12/27. Somebody posted that BuiltDrones in Florida had them, and I snapped at it. Got a flymore about a week or so later.

The technology is just unreal, particularly for older people like myself, who went through school with a typewriter. DJI is clearly overwhelmed with worldwide demand. This little website represents just a piece of what is out there. They will catch up. That having been said, they do not appear to have 'western' sensibilities about how customers should be treated. It is a chinese company, with eastern sensibilities. This is not surprising. What did anybody expect?

My latest email from DJI:

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for your recent DJI Store purchase.

Our sincerest apologies for the previous order update email, stating that your Mavic Pro order would ship within the month of March 2017. Unfortunately, this information was incomplete.

Due to the upcoming Chinese New Year holidays, we have encountered unforeseen logistical problems and your Mavic Pro order may be delayed further.

However, we are doing our best and are happy to confirm that all Mavic Pro drones will ship before February 10th, based on a first-come, first-served basis.

Mavic Pro orders with accessories will be split and we will ship the Mavic Pro before February 10th with accessories (currently unavailable) shipping later.

Again, our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

We will be in touch with you during February with more details. When your order ships, we will send you an email with a specific delivery date and tracking information.

Should you have any questions, please contact our dedicated customer support team at [email protected].

Thank you for choosing DJI.

The DJI Store

Where do you think Digital Rev is getting their Mavics from? lol.. I'm not laughing at you in particular, what I'm trying to say is; most retailers are getting the shaft as well. I was in my local camera shop this past Saturday because I sold all my Nikon gear because I moved to Sony and their mirrorless system. I mentioned that I had a Mavic and the retailer went into a long semi-rant about how long he's been waiting and he hasn't received even 1 to resell.

I ordered another about a week ago, my account marked shipped the very next day. I never got a tracking number so I emailed support. I got an email last night saying it would be shipped tomorrow. We'll see.

Yep the retailers/resellers are in the same boat. I wouldn't list DJI Mavic as an item for sell unless it was actually in stock. No preorders, nada. I wouldn't even have it listed unless it was ready to ship. I like the sites that actually tell you how many are in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Funny how my friends in the west are still struggling.. I started travelling round the world in November, couple of friends ordered their mavics and I was bummed out I wasn't able to pick one up before I left. Come early December I ended up stumbling across the mavic combo package on the streets of Sri Lanka. Couldn't believe my eyes.. needles to say I snatched it up as soon as I saw it. The mavic is incredible though, flies so well even with fairly strong winds.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The dealers are getting shafted too, paid upfront and a constantly slipping shipping date.

On a perpetual 2 weeks till ship time.

yup, I got the email also this morning, let's see if it really happens, I'm so tired of waiting, I'm gonna go out and finally buy the P4P just to calm me down, lol.........

Reactions: DustyVisor
Just looked on DJI EU sales site and its still saying 7-10 days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980