DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh (express)

Triple r

Reactions
Hello Mavic pilots. I live in North Carolina and had a recent issue with my brand new Mavic 2 pro bought on May 7 from Best Buy. On Friday June 5th I had a horizon tilt issue that I could not resolve. I used the online DJI repair form and received a shipping label less than 24 hours. On June 11th, the Mavic was shipped out and arrived in Grapevine Texas on 6/16. I was notified on the 18th that my replacement was being sent out and today UPS delivered to my front door. It only took 10 business days! The drone came brand new! Cellophane wrapped Mavic 2 box with the black seal over the box opening. Plastic protection noted on the usual places and no “R” in the serial number. I used the DJI express in conjunction with the Refresh. Great job DJI!

Wait, you used refresh for a defective unit? Isn't that a waste of a refresh (you pay for two I think, so you may have just thrown one out).

If you had a gimbal issue with a brand new unit and DJI agreed it's a factory defect by sending you a new one, it should be covered under basic warranty coverage and would not require you to use a refresh.

Yes?

Reactions: Bernard
I do have two. Chose to burn one because I didn’t want to wait for inspection, diagnosis, then a verdict

At the beginning of June I crashed my Mavic Mini into the side of a hotel tower. Managed to retrieve all the bits except the battery, which must have been ejected.

I filled out the DJI Refresh form, received a mailing label, and sent my broken drone off for repair. As I recall, the form made no provision for me to choose to get a replacement. It looked as though I was being led into first attempting a repair before getting a replacement.

My last and only communication with regards the status of my drone is an email dated 6/10/20 titled "DJI North American Repair Center Notification."

The email informed me in awkward "Ching-lish" that my there would be a delay in receiving my drone due to COVID-related delays with our USPS. Something along those lines.

It's been fifteen days since that last email. I'm wondering if I should wait a little longer before poking around and inquiring after my drone.