DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI REFUSE TO HONOR WARRANTY PART 2

FlyingDetector

Reactions
Well guys, I have bad news to tell, I received my Mavic 2 zoom today and was very happy to test it out, well let me back track a little. When I open the box that my drone was in I had a feeling something was wrong. Something tells me it wasn't fix. Turns out I was right, all DJI did was let it sit on their repair bench for a couple of days and said it's fix and send it out. Very disappointed. Does anyone know of another way to solve this.
To those who are new to this thread let me explain again the story. I got the Zoom Sept 10, and was very happy with it, Well about 2 weeks later I was out flying with my buddy and I notice that the APAS wasn't doing what it was suppose to, Like in a very slow speed go around a taget(Such as myself) and during flight it has a very sharp turn. Than I went and try the ACTIVE track mode, it follow me around till it ran straight into a branch ( Keep in mind I have done this active track in the same area countless times before and it went up and down avoiding the branch) not this time (It came crashing about 5ft). So I call DJI talk to a tech support guy( knows nothing about the MAVIC ZOOM sorry to say this). He told me to delete my DJIGO4 apps and reinstall it which I did, and he told me to go to DJI ASSIST 2 (which DJI wanted the flight record and I couldn't provide because it was delete) and refresh the firmware, which I did and no help at all, so I requested a return label to send in the drone.
4 days later I received an email saying it was going to cost me $280 to fix the drone, it needed a gimble and right landing arm, Piss off i was, I request to talk to a supervisor which I did and she said that it was my fault that I ran into a tree, I explain to her that it wasn't working correctly that's why I ran into the tree(branch) I also told her that what does my gimble and landing arm have to do with my complaints, Her answer was "Sorry". The next day I email DJI wanting to talk to someone high in Management, got a phone call from someone in NJ asking me to explain the whole story which I did and he said I quote, "IF THE DRONE ISN'T PERFUMING THE WAY IT'S ADVERTISE THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY REPAIR FEES, AND BESIDES ITS THE REASON YOU RAN INTO A TREE, DON'T WORRY I WILL PERSONALLY CONTACT LA DJI TO GET IT STRAIGHTEN OUT, ALLOW ME 24 HOURS. Well 24 hours went by no phone call no emails, so I email again requesting to speak to another manager. a day later another manager call me from NJ again wanting to know the detail again, He too said that he'll contact DJI and have it square out, The next day i received and email saying repairs done and shipped out with tracking number.

I'm positive DJI never even tested my drone.
These are my problems:
*Have to calibrate compass every time before flight even though my IMU and compass are normal.
*Radio control display POOR even if its 2 feet away.
*APAS doesn't not perform correctly, I remember when I first had it when you press the APAS it turns blue and a message comes up in the middle saying APAS enable, now I don't see it, the Icon does turn blue though.
* Active track, DJI could not tell me why, before when I was in active track I see a green Icon next to the active track icon saying SAFE on it, Now instead of saying SAFE, it says SLOW, and when I tap on it it turns red and says FAST.
If anyone have suggestions or knowledge of this let me know, I'm so frustrated I'm thinking of making a video of my complaints and burn this drone and post it on youtube for the world to see how horrible DJI service is.

Reactions: tritanu and Cagey
Check the OA cameras and infrared sensors for dirt or damage, kinda sounds like you have an obstacle avoidance issue.

Maybe perform a vision system calibration using the DJI Assistant 2 software on a PC.

Obstacle sensors have always been hit and miss on branches and power lines. They are designed more for walls, and solid objects.

Reactions: drakkor and Kilrah
I think the way you went about to ‘test’ the APAS was wrong, and this falls under pilot error.
Let me give you a different perspective.
You got a brand new car. After a few weeks you suspect the brakes might not be working properly. So you decided to drive down a hill to ‘test’. Sure enough, it didn’t work and you crashed your car. So you send it back to the manufacturer and tell them to fix the brakes, under warranty. You tell them to ignore the cracked radiator and wheel misalignment, cos you didn’t want to pay for any repairs. The car still drives, kinda.
Come to think about it, a lot of new cars now comes with collision avoidance/auto braking. If you ever get one of these cars, and you suspect that feature isn’t working properly, do not ask your friend to stand in front of your car while you drive towards him. I doubt running over your friend is covered under warranty.

You have to calibrate the compass -or- you are mistaking the fact that the calibrate option is available for thinking it needs to be done? If it is depicted as functioning normally in the app it probably is.

I'm sorry,
I cant even read that amount of text so close together?..
I understand language barrier?? But hooly dooly!
Maybe I should just scroll on..........

Reactions: dirkclod
DJI is making a BAD name for them selves the way I see it. They take your drone (DJI mavic pro 2) in and tell you its fixed, then you take it to a place and try it out. Nothing has changed, DJI has Done Nothing for you.
I read reports of DJI mavic pro 2 falling out of the sky into lakes ect. I am sure glad I do not have a DJI mavic pro 2. They are an accident waiting to happen, with obsticle avoidance not working and drones falling from 300 + feet high. Who would be liable if someone was walking their dog down the street and was hit with a drone that had just come from the repair shop saying all was good. Not good.

DJI is making a BAD name for them selves the way I see it. They take your drone (DJI mavic pro 2) in and tell you its fixed, then you take it to a place and try it out. Nothing has changed, DJI has Done Nothing for you.
I read reports of DJI mavic pro 2 falling out of the sky into lakes ect. I am sure glad I do not have a DJI mavic pro 2. They are an accident waiting to happen, with obsticle avoidance not working and drones falling from 300 + feet high. Who would be liable if someone was walking their dog down the street and was hit with a drone that had just come from the repair shop saying all was good. Not good.
All DJI products have had issues with in flight failures- still do. You can’t rely on any hobby grade UAS to be 100% reliable.

Reactions: yycguy
He wrecked it. He didnt want them to repair what they told him it needed, he wanted them to make it work different than it does. of course it still does the same thing. NOT live up to the OP's expectations.
I dont own an M2, but it sure sounds like a user setting has changed, but no other owner has chimed in to help him.
I DO know that the sensors will more often than not, miss an branch and or a wire. So it is smart to not put it in a pilotless flight mode among branches and wires. That is NOT DJI's fault.

There's been a few negative comments here, I guess you guys miss the part that there was a DJI supervisor from NJ telling me that;s it's under warranty. It's the fault of the drone features that cause me to crash. Anyway there's a lot of smart people here in this forum but why can't anyone answer this simple question. WHY IS IT THAT WHEN I'M IN ACTIVE TRACK MY GREEN ICON SAYS SLOW INSTEAD OF SAFE AND WHEN I TAP ON IT, IT TURNS RED AND SAYS FAST.

Last edited:
If it falls on someone, the pilot would be responsible, as he/she was not suppose to over people.
OP wasn't his drone back unrepaired. Not sure why DJI said it was fixed. Depends of DJI was already sending it back before OP talked to the DJI supervisor.

Reactions: WithTheBirds
There's been a few negative comments here, I guess you guys miss the part that there was a DJI supervisor from NJ telling me that;s it's under warranty. It's the fault of the drone features that cause me to crash. Anyway there's a lot of smart people here in this forum but why can't anyone answer this simple question. WHY IS IT THAT WHEN I'M IN ACTIVE TRACK MY GREEN ICON SAYS SLOW INSTEAD OF SAFE AND WHEN I TAP ON IT, IT TURNS RED AND SAYS FAST.
Huh? The best the supervisor might be able to tell you absent the opportunity to know the actual issues with the AC prior to evaluation is that warranty would apply if they were dealing with a manufacturing fault, hardware or software failure. To expect any form of guarantee as to how your case might be handled based on your story alone would be silly. He could have only told you what you should expect in a particular scenario subject to the actual facts being known.

Fast, I think is when you are flying between 12 and 20 ms, slow is below 12. I haven't needed to have a good look at the manual yet. Im sure the answers are in there. It probably turns red to remind you that the sensor performance is greatly reduced when flying fast.

Slow is slow flight/tracking speed, no OA.
Safe is slow flight/tracking speed, OA enabled.
Fast is fast flight/tracking speed, no OA.

Since you can't seem to enable 'safe' mode, it's just further evidence your OA system is broken. Like I said to you in the very first reply to this thread,

Check the OA cameras and infrared sensors for dirt or damage, kinda sounds like you have an obstacle avoidance issue.

Maybe perform a vision system calibration using the DJI Assistant 2 software on a PC.

If that calibration fails, it may or may not offer a clue as to what's actually wrong with the drone that DJI support may help you with.

Reactions: Mile2102
Slow is slow flight/tracking speed, no OA.
Safe is slow flight/tracking speed, OA enabled.
Fast is fast flight/tracking speed, no OA.

Since you can't seem to enable 'safe' mode, it's just further evidence your OA system is broken. Like I said to you in the very first reply to this thread,

If that calibration fails, it may or may not offer a clue as to what's actually wrong with the drone that DJI support may help you with.
Helpful information. I will bear it in mind when I try the tracking mode. What I would really like is an old school ATTI mode, I seem to get better footage with a bit of natural drift, its more like its on rails with the GPS lock. And ideas?

Bingo that's what I've been trying to tell DJI before and after I sent it in and they didn't want to honor their warranty, That's how my drone crash into a branch because that feature isn't working, Also I believe that's why my APAS isn't working also.
OH forgot to mention, every calibrations been done still no help

Reactions: WWK888
I just wish DJI would read these threads or this thread, I'm tire of dealing with them, horrible customer services, I'm not getting anywhere with them. Any other suggestions to whom I can complain to

With the MP, there is a place in DJI go4 to turn off obstacle avoidance. Is there a setting like that that may be turned off?
It still seems like a parameter set wrong in user controls. Again, do not put too much faith in the avoidance system when it comes to branches and wires, Use these modes above all "sky trash"
I cant believe no MP2 owners cant answer this for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam452