DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI unlock rejection wrong SN?

barrybcar

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am repeated rejected for approval by DJI due to the ‘wrong serial number’….but it the right number!!???
Is there a way to resolve this in a timely manner? Like by this evening?

For DJI unlocks you need to use the SN of the Flight Controller, not of the aircraft itself.

For DJI unlocks you need to use the SN of the Flight Controller, not of the aircraft itself.

The "flight controller" is the main board of the drone, not the remote controller. So it is actually the SN of the drone that you need to provide.

They want the "Flight Controller Serial Number". That is what I've been using for years and it works every time. To retrieve this, follow these instructions:

1 - Power up the DJI Go 4 App.
2 - Power up your aircraft.
3 - Once they connect, clear any errors/warnings, so you are ready to fly.
4 - Touch the three dots in the upper-right corner:
1-HomeScrn.png

5 - Scroll down to the bottom of this screen and touch "About":
2-General Settings.png
6 - You'll find the "Flight Controller Serial Number" here, right after all the version info:
3-Serial.png

At least, this is where I get the number that works on my Mavic Pro Platinum. I've made notes of all of my serial numbers, and have it on a notepad file I open when I go to the DJI site.

The serial number on the drone (under the battery on my MPP) will NOT work here. At least it has not worked the last time I tried it.

Attachments

• 2022-03-27 05.40.24.png
    2022-03-27 05.40.24.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: EricJT
They want the "Flight Controller Serial Number". That is what I've been using for years and it works every time. To retrieve this, follow these instructions:

1 - Power up the DJI Go 4 App.
2 - Power up your aircraft.
3 - Once they connect, clear any errors/warnings, so you are ready to fly.
4 - Touch the three dots in the upper-right corner:
View attachment 145838

5 - Scroll down to the bottom of this screen and touch "About":
View attachment 145839
6 - You'll find the "Flight Controller Serial Number" here, right after all the version info:
View attachment 145840

At least, this is where I get the number that works on my Mavic Pro Platinum. I've made notes of all of my serial numbers, and have it on a notepad file I open when I go to the DJI site.

The serial number on the drone (under the battery on my MPP) will NOT work here. At least it has not worked the last time I tried it.

Those are identical numbers on my Mavic Air.

the first question on the faa form is "does your drone broadcast FAA remote-id information?" as of April 2022 the answer for everyone is NO. You will not be able to register if you choose "yes."

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming