DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you flight by law regulations?

Not necessarily - there are plenty of references to this topic. Excerpt from one such article follows:-

"If a video is introduced as evidence in a criminal trial in California, the video:

1. must be relevant to the case
2. must demonstrate or prove something about the case
3. must be authentic in a way that can be verified by a video expert

Video surveillance has been a tool of retailers and property owners for decades, but only recently have some criminals started shooting videos of themselves committing crimes, uploading those videos to YouTube or broadcasting live, and even bragging online about their criminal exploits."

Can YouTube Videos Be Used As Evidence?
I think most people understand how this works- yes the video could be admissible as evidence without substantial difficulties. No argument. You should be able to imagine many instances where it might not by itself prove an offence. You would also need to demonstrate other things including but not limited to who uploaded it, what device it was originally produced on and who was in control of the drone if you hoped to rely on it in absence of other evidence. It isn’t unheard of for people to boast and take credit for actions they had no part in.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I think most people understand how this works- yes the video could be admissible as evidence without substantial difficulties. No argument. You should be able to imagine many instances where it might not by itself prove an offence. You would also need to demonstrate other things including but not limited to who uploaded it, what device it was originally produced on and who was in control of the drone if you hoped to rely on it in absence of other evidence. It isn’t unheard of for people to boast and take credit for actions they had no part in.

Sure if you want to nitpick then go right ahead .... The thing to remember here is that the FAA and most probably all other airspace regulators trawl social media, not necessarily in an effort to secure prosecutions, but more to get an idea of how the recreational drone flying communities are performing in terms of adherence to the regulations.

Sure if you want to nitpick then go right ahead .... The thing to remember here is that the FAA and most probably all other airspace regulators trawl social media, not necessarily in an effort to secure prosecutions, but more to get an idea of how the recreational drone flying communities are performing in terms of adherence to the regulations.
It’s not nitpicking- simply presenting the reality of the situation.

I suspect your right that the authorities do monitor social media- for the reasons you stated. I also assume that people might routinely bring to their attention posts which seem to illustrate non compliance with the regulations.

Btw- I just read the link you shared and my comments seem to align with what the expert articulated.

Make no mistake, tax payer money is spent big time, not just on labour costs; very complex algorithms can also be utilised to troll this and other forums

It would most probably be less expensive to employ a couple of part-time undergrads than to pay for those "very complex algorithms". At the end of the day, we're not talking about "big time" tax-payer money.

It would most probably be less expensive to employ a couple of part-time undergrads than to pay for those "very complex algorithms". At the end of the day, we're not talking about "big time" tax-payer money.
We need not make assumptions about what probably might be less expensive. Make no mistake- Governments everywhere are investing heavily in tools which employ machine learning and AI to data mining and analysis of social media sources as part of the intelligence efforts.

It’s not nitpicking- simply presenting the reality of the situation.

I suspect your right that the authorities do monitor social media- for the reasons you stated. I also assume that people might routinely bring to their attention posts which seem to illustrate non compliance with the regulations.

Btw- I just read the link you shared and my comments seem to align with what the expert articulated.

I began with the simple proposition that the FAA is trawling social media but then you had to start banging on about how more than a Youtube video would be required to "get a conviction". It seems that all you really wanted to do is start an argument.

At no stage did I suggest that the FAA et al were using social media in an effort to actually prosecute errant drone operators. There was really no need for you to add that into the discussion.

We need not make assumptions about what probably might be less expensive. Make no mistake- Governments everywhere are investing heavily in tools which employ machine learning and AI to data mining and analysis of social media sources as part of the intelligence efforts.

So now you're going even further off-topic simply to state the obvious. Seriously ????

No- I am simply addressing your assumptions. If it was obvious to you why the need to assume?

No assumption. I'm a software developer and know how expensive it is to implement high-quality A.I. as well as how cheap it is to hire undergrads who are only too happy to work for the minimum wage, or even free if it gets them in the door.

Do you flight by law regulations?

Would that include taking a drone into a country where they're banned?
Violating another country's airspace by flying over an international border?
Flying without a permit/certificate?
Ascending up through the overcast to fly above the clouds?

Never. Not once.

clouds.png

Reactions: Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911