DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do YOU suffer from Mavicitis???

maxfaxdude

Reactions
Do you or have you ever or have you thought of...

1) Find yourself constantly thinking of where and when the next time you can fly the Mavic
2) Take the Mavic with you anywhere and everywhere you go, even when there's a slim to no chance that you'll fly that day.
3) Spoke to anyone who will listen to you explain how awesome and cool the Mavic is.
4) Checked the MavicPilots forum multiple times a day to see what's the latest with the Mavic.
5) Checked the DJI website multiple times a day to see if the goggles are available for purchase yet.
6) Bought many or every accessory available for the Mavic.
7) Bought a second Mavic "just in case"
8) Dreamt about flying the Mavic
9) Spend more time with the Mavic than your wife (or husband), children, friends or other family members
10) Thought of when the Mavic 2 will come out and what upgrades it will have
11) Upgraded your computer so that it could handle all of the large video files that your Mavic has generated
12) Written DJI about how they can improve the Mavic
13) Hide or lock up your Mavic so that no one get their hands on it or takes it
14) Repaired your damaged Mavic yourself after a crash because DJI repair would take too long
15) Work for DJI as a test pilot or other type of employee
16) Made minor or major modifications to your Mavic
17) Afraid you'll loose your Mavic in mid flight and never see it again
18) Believe that the Mavic is one of the most interesting and cool toys that you've had the joy of owning
19) Took the time to design or print a custom skin for the Mavic
20) Thought of flying the Mavic professionally
21) Feel as if the Mavic has "taken over" or significantly changed your life

I can honestly say yes to every single one of these points. I've got Mavicitis really bad!

Attachments

• My Mavic family.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
That list of symptons is very long. Does the owner need to experience all of them to be diagnosed with the condition? Some people may not actually experience the true symptons of Mavicitis though, only the Phantom feelings.

Reactions: whiskey_throttle
Do you or have you ever or have you thought of...

1) Find yourself constantly thinking of where and when the next time you can fly the Mavic
2) Take the Mavic with you anywhere and everywhere you go, even when there's a slim to no chance that you'll fly that day.
3) Spoke to anyone who will listen to you explain how awesome and cool the Mavic is.
4) Checked the MavicPilots forum multiple times a day to see what's the latest with the Mavic.
5) Checked the DJI website multiple times a day to see if the goggles are available for purchase yet.
6) Bought many or every accessory available for the Mavic.
7) Bought a second Mavic "just in case"
8) Dreamt about flying the Mavic
9) Spend more time with the Mavic than your wife (or husband), children, friends or other family members
10) Thought of when the Mavic 2 will come out and what upgrades it will have
11) Upgraded your computer so that it could handle all of the large video files that your Mavic has generated
12) Written DJI about how they can improve the Mavic
13) Hide or lock up your Mavic so that no one get their hands on it or takes it
14) Repaired your damaged Mavic yourself after a crash because DJI repair would take too long
15) Work for DJI as a test pilot or other type of employee
16) Made minor or major modifications to your Mavic
17) Afraid you'll loose your Mavic in mid flight and never see it again
18) Believe that the Mavic is one of the most interesting and cool toys that you've had the joy of owning
19) Took the time to design or print a custom skin for the Mavic
20) Thought of flying the Mavic professionally
21) Feel as if the Mavic has "taken over" or significantly changed your life

I can honestly say yes to every single one of these points. I've got Mavicitis really bad!

Not all................. but most.. done more updates and test flights in garden... than any other quad I have owned..
And to many battery top ups.. just to realize that its raining now.. Doh !!!!!!!

Still it has'nt crashed yet.....coz you have to fly it first

22) Watch all youtube video's on Mavic daily... bloody sad really

Reactions: Dragonfly
1,4, 11 makes me think my iPhone can handle 4K better than my 2010 MacBook Pro; 13, and 17.

The TOC or "True Cost of Ownership" of a Mavic is *very* high.

Not only do you "need" to buy:
  1. Eevery type of storage case you can find (Hard case, backpack, handy camera case, sleeve, soft case)
  2. As many batteries as you can stuff in the above cases
  3. Extended landing gear to avoid cutting the grass when you land.
  4. ND *& CPL filters so you can break the fragile gimbal
  5. Landing pads (that you can never fold back into their cases again)
  6. Strobes for night flying (even though you know you'll never be brave enough to actually need them)
  7. Upgrade your Android Phone to cope
  8. then buy a iPad mini just to run more stably (and Autopilot)
  9. Buy more storage to hold all the massive 4k video files
At least half of the above you will buy before even taking delivery of the Mavic!

But the *real* cost also includes:
  1. Loosing friends by boring the hell out of anybody who will listen about you latest flight or video masterpiece.
  2. Risk your job by spending more time on Mavic Pilots than actually working
  3. Increased stress levels while waiting for Dji to release the next firmware after they broke Litchi & Autopilot (a fact that you feel you must share will your entire family)
  4. Domestic chores go undone /relationships/children neglected - no time for those mundane things if its flying weather out there!
Oh heck - yep, I've got Mavicitis!

If there is a local park where you walk your dog, bring the drone. My Mavic will hover nicely while picking up poop. The wife doesn't want to walk the dog, so not much argument. Also, my dog will chase drone, so now I have worlds most expensive tennis ball.

I have experienced the opposite effect. I haven't messed with mine in weeks. Flying the same old paths gets boring fast. If I don't have anything interesting to film I don't really fly.

I will work on combining axis for high speed turns without drift and generally put flight time in to refine reflexes so if I get in a jam, my reactions might save a repair. They wont give a pilot a license until pilot has prescribed time behind the yoke.

The TOC or "True Cost of Ownership" of a Mavic is *very* high.

Not only do you "need" to buy:
  1. Eevery type of storage case you can find (Hard case, backpack, handy camera case, sleeve, soft case)
  2. As many batteries as you can stuff in the above cases
  3. Extended landing gear to avoid cutting the grass when you land.
  4. ND *& CPL filters so you can break the fragile gimbal
  5. Landing pads (that you can never fold back into their cases again)
  6. Strobes for night flying (even though you know you'll never be brave enough to actually need them)
  7. Upgrade your Android Phone to cope
  8. then buy a iPad mini just to run more stably (and Autopilot)
  9. Buy more storage to hold all the massive 4k video files
At least half of the above you will buy before even taking delivery of the Mavic!

But the *real* cost also includes:
  1. Loosing friends by boring the **** out of anybody who will listen about you latest flight or video masterpiece.
  2. Risk your job by spending more time on Mavic Pilots than actually working
  3. Increased stress levels while waiting for Dji to release the next firmware after they broke Litchi & Autopilot (a fact that you feel you must share will your entire family)
  4. Domestic chores go undone /relationships/children neglected - no time for those mundane things if its flying weather out there!
Oh heck - yep, I've got Mavicitis!

Yep number one for me.. picked up a Lowpro 150AW Slingshot Edge bag today.. to go with the other 3 bags I got for the Mavic.. can't have too many bags eh!!!!

Almost 1, often 2, 3 if I get a chance, 4 on work days, 8 is nice, 12 I've done, considering 14...

7 symptoms here. Call it moderate to mild Mavicitis.

Oh, and at the moment I am pondering whether to buy a secod one, just to keep it sealed, in mint condition, for a 15-20 years value sale on ebay

It is raining outside right now, and my Mavicitis is acting up. I've tried taking pills, which - don't get me wrong - really helped me to feel better :p, but the symptoms persist. Can I ask my doctor for something stronger to help during particularly bad flare ups?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan