DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think the Mavic should be white?

Its so small that I have trouble picking it up unless its pretty close. I wonder if I could keep it in sight better if it was white.
Not sure...my phantoms are also hard to see sometimes . Same with the Inspire . Plenty of vinyl stickers are becoming available .

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
Its so small that I have trouble picking it up unless its pretty close. I wonder if I could keep it in sight better if it was white.
My P4 sometimes disappears in the sky because its white but shows up good against the trees. My Mavic shows up well in the sky but is hard to see against trees.

Generally speaking, white is a really bad color against a bright background if you're trying to stick out. Think about nature: lots of sharks are white on the bottom and dark on top, so they disappear when viewed against their background. Even bright colors get lost against a bright sky. Honestly, if it's just up I need the bright sky, black is probably the best...but then you'd lose it against the ground clutter at low altitudes. Red might be good....

Personally I like the olive drab green but wouldn't mind a charcoal or carbon gray color either. As for white, might be hard to see with against a bright summer sky?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78