DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you write or stick your personal info to Mavic aircraft?

facasi

Reactions
As Name, Phone # .. Etc on the aircraft for just in case something wrong happens ... or do you prefer to be anonymous?

Reactions: HE15 RGP
If it's lost, I prefer to stand a chance to get my Mavic back so I put my phone number on it. Other than that, no personal information. I see no reason to put any more "personal" information on it.

If it's lost, I prefer to stand a chance to get my Mavic back so I put my phone number on it. Other than that, no personal information. I see no reason to put any more "personal" information on it.
I would do just this also, Maybe add the words "Reward Given When Returned". Or I think a GPS tag might be the way to go.

There are losts On the market here in the UK

GPS Tags On AMAZON UK

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure I’d put ‘reward’ on the drone. I believe most people would be happy to return it without any incentive. I’m not sure I could give enough of a reward to persuade someone who would prefer to hang on to £1000 worth of drone for themselves. However, I would offer a bottle of something to anyone who did take the trouble to return it.

I’m not sure I’d put ‘reward’ on the drone. I believe most people would be happy to return it without any incentive. I’m not sure I could give enough of a reward to persuade someone who would prefer to hang on to £1000 worth of drone for themselves. However, I would offer a bottle of something to anyone who did take the trouble to return it.

"Most people would be happy to return it without an incentive"? Too much faith in humanity I would say.

I don't expect people to return my drone if found, so I don't tag any personal information with it. Saves 1-2grams of paper/tape weight as well.

"Most people would be happy to return it without an incentive"? Too much faith in humanity I would say.
I’m not so sure. I’ve had many instances where people have gone to great lengths to return items I’ve mislaid, and no instances where they haven’t. Most people are honest and helpful, and have no wish to benefit from the misfortune of others. That’s not to say there isn’t a minority who are not like that. But I’m not sure a reward would change that. I put my mobile number in the chamber under the battery. That’s all the information needed.

Reactions: facasi
I initially made a sticker with a QR code which contained my contact details but changed to simply my mob number

Reactions: facasi

I don't expect people to return my drone if found, so I don't tag any personal information with it. Saves 1-2grams of paper/tape weight as well.

1-2 grams?

There have been several posts on these forums from people who have found a drone, found the website, signed up in order to post and posted a message to try to find the owner. People return stuff all of the time that they find, especially it it's easy to find the person (phone number).

Question... if you found a drone with a phone number in it, would you call the owner and return it without the offer of a reward?

1-2 grams?

There have been several posts on these forums from people who have found a drone, found the website, signed up in order to post and posted a message to try to find the owner. People return stuff all of the time that they find, especially it it's easy to find the person (phone number).

Question... if you found a drone with a phone number in it, would you call the owner and return it without the offer of a reward?

Yeah I guess 1-2 grams is a good approximation. Also, I have seen enough examples to believe that my drone wouldn't be returned to me by someone if lost and found.

Yeah I guess 1-2 grams is a good approximation. Also, I have seen enough examples to believe that my drone wouldn't be returned to me by someone if lost and found.

A label with a comparative size of a stamp would weight approx. 70 milligrams. No where even 1 gram.

To each their own. There are many examples just on this forum of people returning drones and others of people trying to find the owner. It costs nothing (flight or cost wise) to added a phone number to the drone.

I’m not so sure. I’ve had many instances where people have gone to great lengths to return items I’ve mislaid, and no instances where they haven’t. Most people are honest and helpful, and have no wish to benefit from the misfortune of others. That’s not to say there isn’t a minority who are not like that. But I’m not sure a reward would change that. I put my mobile number in the chamber under the battery. That’s all the information needed.

There have been no less than 3 attempts by folks I know of on Facebook groups by folks that have found drones.
2 Mavics and 1 Phantom 3
So there are people motivated to do the right thing out there.

A label with a comparative size of a stamp would weight approx. 70 milligrams. No where even 1 gram.

To each their own. There are many examples just on this forum of people returning drones and others of people trying to find the owner. It costs nothing (flight or cost wise) to added a phone number to the drone.

It's not like all labels are 70mgrams, but anyhow. Keep in mind that there's people out there (myself included) who do fly a lot in second and third world countries. And if I lost my drone/iPhone/Rolex in any of them, I wouldn't expect it back, no matter how many tags I put on them.

Reactions: butterflyslicer

I lost a drone in a river. Washed up a couple of days later a mile or two away. A guy found it on his lunch break and called me. Held on to it till I could meet him the following day, met me and handed it back. Offered to buy him a drink but he declined :(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54