DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you write or stick your personal info to Mavic aircraft?

Probably get gunned down here, but I'm just being honest....
I have a sticker inside with an anonymous email address (also offer of reward)
Then if I lose it and get emailed, I am not trackable and can reply or not depending on the circumstances of the loss!

Here in Canada we're required to have name, address, and phone number clearly visible on the outside of the drone. I'm not a huge fan for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that it gives thieves the home address of someone who has toys worth stealing. Throwaway email and phone number? Good idea. If the drone is ever involved in something that's actually serious I'm pretty sure that a phone call to DJI from the cops would get your home address pretty quickly. We DO often power them up at home with GPS and WiFi enabled, right? If the info isn't on their servers then it's probably somewhere in the drone itself.

Reactions: facasi
Yeah I guess 1-2 grams is a good approximation. Also, I have seen enough examples to believe that my drone wouldn't be returned to me by someone if lost and found.

On the contrary to the examples you’ve seen, I was lucky enough to get my drone back after being lost for months. The finder called the number I had labeled under my battery. MP flies like a charm even after being exposed to the elements. The prodigal drone has returned!!!

Reactions: bobj151
Phone number, email address and 'reward if found' is sufficient.
If you've lost it, chances are it crashed and all you really need back is the SD card.

Last edited:
I teach our members to put a visible label (you could also put one under the battery) with their eMail as well as their phone number. The general public would not know what an FAA# is (if the FAA ever gets that system reactivated)

Four of them, myself included, have got their UAVs back as a result (two are still out there).

If flying in third world countries, as mentioned before, I'd suggest changing the label to only eMail, then the 'stolen phone' issue wouldn't apply..

Nick.. NJ Drone User Group
(MavicPilots forum)

I was thinking of printing out my phone number + email on a piece of paper, cutting it out, and taping it to the top of the drone and under the battery with clear scotch tape.
Do you think the battery gets too hot for that?
I don't really have any method to make a sticker.

I lost a drone in a river. Washed up a couple of days later a mile or two away. A guy found it on his lunch break and called me. Held on to it till I could meet him the following day, met me and handed it back. Offered to buy him a drink but he declined :(
Yes! In addition to both of my drones, ANY new equipment gets a custom label with my company logo and telephone number. You can have sticky labels printed with your information at most any print shop. IMG_4230.JPG )

Last edited:
Reactions: jcp411
I was thinking of printing out my phone number + email on a piece of paper, cutting it out, and taping it to the top of the drone and under the battery with clear scotch tape.
Do you think the battery gets too hot for that?
I don't really have any method to make a sticker.

That’s more or less what I did. I just wrote my number with a pen and stuck it under the battery on my first flight eight months ago. It’s still there and as good as new.

In Canada. Supposed to put full name, address and phone no. NOT, I put REWARD and phone number only. I don't put all that info on my car either. Phone no. is enough for them to find me. And besides, soon we will need a "licence" which will provide all the necessary ID.

I put a QR code sticker on the nose. When scanned, it will generate a text message addressed to my cellphone that says "I found your drone." Finder just has to click Send to claim reward.

Just wondering what the small PCBs are on the end of the extended landing gear ?

I was thinking of printing out my phone number + email on a piece of paper, cutting it out, and taping it to the top of the drone and under the battery with clear scotch tape. I don't really have any method to make a sticker.

You can get a small pack of small labels at Staples, or most food store chains, instead of going through that - and less chance of it coming off if it gets wet or warm and, if it does, you have more ready made labels to put another one on :)

Nick.. NJ Drone User Group
(MavicPilots forum)

It's not like all labels are 70mgrams, but anyhow. Keep in mind that there's people out there (myself included) who do fly a lot in second and third world countries. And if I lost my drone/iPhone/Rolex in any of them, I wouldn't expect it back, no matter how many tags I put on them.
What are those, third world countries ? Found in Mars ?

As Name, Phone # .. Etc on the aircraft for just in case something wrong happens ... or do you prefer to be anonymous?

I have a sticker with my name and phone number, AMA# and FAA# even though its not required anymore i believe, on the drone.

I also engraved my name and number on the craft and just my name on the battery, it blends in well not obvious, (there are to many of you all out here with the same drone), Also If i have to send mines in for repair, i will know for sure whether or not they returned me my drone (Overkill but its my drone) hahahahahaha

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat