DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone k ow if the New filming modes with Air 2s coming to air 2 via an update?

Was wondering that too. Cannot argue with @Kilrah but...

The latest DJI Fly update has some weird verbiage...

Adds a new MasterShots feature for taking pro-level video recordings. (Currently only compatible with DJI Air 2S)

They didn't need to say that or could have said something like "compatible with Air 2S only." The use of "currently" leaves hope that it might find its way to the Air 2

I suspect that they could add it, but its a a 2S feature, so it may just stay a 2S feature..

Or they just did not have time to test it with the MA2 for Fly 1.4.0, perhaps a future update. Or it takes new firmware too... have to see what they do....

Nah. They never do that.

It would be nice if they would offer the updated modes or compatibility as an "expansion" available for purchase. Add the new shooting modes (if the previous AC hardware would support it) as a one time charge, add MM2 functionality to your smart controller as a one time purchase, etc. I have MM and a MA2 and would upgrade my MM to the MM2 if i was able to use it with my SC. I guess somewhat similar to what the video game industry does.

They didn't "add them" to MA2, it came out with them. DJI typically don't add any major features after release.

I suspect that they could add it, but its a a 2S feature, so it may just stay a 2S feature..

Or they just did not have time to test it with the MA2 for Fly 1.4.0, perhaps a future update. Or it takes new firmware too... have to see what they do....
It would certainly take a new firmware at the minimum. Master shots involve a bit of drone-side computation it seems like.

After seeing the MM1 > MM2 and the basic abandonment of the MM1 the A2 doesn't bode well for new features moving forward it seems like.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scaredycat