Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does head tracking work with. 700?

mavic6611

Reactions
The question is in the heading.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Head tracking does work with .700 on the Mavic and .700 on the goggles.
However the tracking sensivity setting in this version is a bit over sensitive. (Unfortunately, it is not user modifiable).

If you use a later version of firmware in the goggles, (i.e. .900 or .1000), then the Mavic must also be on a similar later firmware version.
In .900 and later firmware versions, the head tracking sensivity setting is user modifiable.

When the Mavic is on .700 or earlier and the goggles are on .900 or later, head tracking will not function properly.
However because head tracking is not that important to some users, many have opted to continue with .700 or earlier on the Mavic,
and also use .900 or .1000 on the goggles for other firmware enhancements (i.e. chosing imperial units instead of metric on the goggles display).
Again, with this firmware combination, head tracking will not function properly.

Reactions: mavic6611
Head tracking does work with .700 on the Mavic and .700 on the goggles.
However the tracking sensivity setting in this version is a bit over sensitive. (Unfortunately, it is not user modifiable).

If you use a later version of firmware in the goggles, (i.e. .900 or .1000), then the Mavic must also be on a similar later firmware version.
In .900 and later firmware versions, the head tracking sensivity setting is user modifiable.

When the Mavic is on .700 or earlier and the goggles are on .900 or later, head tracking will not function properly.
However because head tracking is not that important to some users, many have opted to continue with .700 or earlier on the Mavic,
and also use .900 or .1000 on the goggles for other firmware enhancements (i.e. chosing imperial units instead of metric on the goggles display).
Again, with this firmware combination, head tracking will not function properly.
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate you taking the time to be so informative.
Really helpful reply. Thanks that's really saved me some time and hassle

Had this issue also and suspected the firmware mismatches would have caused this so I downgraded to 700 on the goggles to resolve

I am new to most of this. I bought the googles and got them activated after upgrading the firmware on the controller and Mavic. I cannot get the camera to turn at all with the googles it is not set to fix wing mode. The camera would not turn horizontally before at all only up and down with the controller. I do not know what version of firmware I have on the camera,controller or Mavic either, how do I find this out? I realize these may be basic questions but I can't seem to find answers elsewhere.

I am new to most of this. I bought the googles and got them activated after upgrading the firmware on the controller and Mavic. I cannot get the camera to turn at all with the googles it is not set to fix wing mode. The camera would not turn horizontally before at all only up and down with the controller. I do not know what version of firmware I have on the camera,controller or Mavic either, how do I find this out? I realize these may be basic questions but I can't seem to find answers elsewhere.

Since you say you upgraded the firmware on the RC and Mavic, I'd assume you have .1000 on both. If you wish to verify this, download DJI Assistant, install, and connect your Mavic or RC (one at a time) with the included micro USB cable to your computer and the software will show you what firmware you have installed.

You can also start your Mavic, let it connect to the RC and run the DJI Go app. Click the three dots on the upper right-hand corner, click the three dots on the bottom left corner of the popup menu, then click "About" at the very bottom. It will show you your RC and Mavic firmware versions and the version of your DJI Go app you're using.

I cannot get the camera to turn at all with the googles...

You need to change the mode in the goggles to "Head tracking mode".

Read the manual here on how to do that:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI+Goggles/20170424/DJI_Goggles_User_Manual_EN.pdf

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1