DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic air have a waypoint flight plan capability?

Not with the DJI provided software. Aftermarket apps like Litchi can do waypoints though.

Not with the DJI provided software. Aftermarket apps like Litchi can do waypoints though.
Do I buy it from the Google Play app, and it integrates with the Mavic air software?
Are people having problems with the Litchi app?

Do I buy it from the Google Play app, and it integrates with the Mavic air software?
Are people having problems with the Litchi app?

Yes, you can buy it from Google Play - it's an alternative to the regular DJI Go app, so you would fly with Litchi instead.

I read a few stories of people having fly aways when using Lichi, and DJI denying warranty coverage for using 3rd Party apps to control your device, so for that reason I have been hesitant to use Lichi myself. If you are still interested in it, I suggest you do some research before buying it and immediately flying with it.

I can't be certain but if Go doesn't provide waypoints, then it's probably not in the AC firmware for litchi to use. It is technically possible for an app like Litchi to itself pilot the AC just as if you were, but usually the flight plan is uploaded to the AC and commanded to run it autonomously.

Last edited:
Waypoints in mavic air work with litchi
Firmware for air was updated post initial release and available via SDK which litchi choose to implement.

Litchi doesn’t explicitly say it supports the Air - has anyone used it with the Air?

Litchi doesn’t explicitly say it supports the Air - has anyone used it with the Air?

From Litchi’s website:

Version 2.2.0 (April 24, 2018)
- added support for Mavic Air

New to the forum - looking to help a friend out that just bought a new Mavic Pro 2, he lives on Monkey Island in Oklahoma - is there anyway I could find out if there is anyone close to his location that could help him? He is receiving no GPS signals according to the messages on his iPad yet the map shows his precise location.

-Gary

Litchi does in fact support the MA. One thing that must be emphasized when using Litchi is, “FORCE KILL (STOP) the DJI App before using Litchi. This is easily done on the android devices. I do not know how on IOS. The operations of having both active (even in stand by) will effect the one you desire to use. So, force kill either DJI or Litchi so you can safely use the other. Don’t delete, just force a stop of the app. I have been using both on same device since March 2018 without any problems.
Happy flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh