DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic Shoot Video or Watercolor Paintings? Don’t settle. Get Involved!

STUPID DJI had me on hold for 56 min then hung up on me ! I can confirm this !
You must to a reset from ntsc to pal and back to ntsc for the camera to reset and this will get rid of the water color issues BUT, if you go -1 or lower the water comes back but +0 goes back to sharp. I don’t know if DJI has a clue to this as its like pulling teeth to get a hold of a real knowledgeable and helpful DJI person !

And it's not just DJI support, it's the fanbois on the forums also. If you're someone that expects a product to function as advertised, expect to be lambasted by both DJI reps and owners alike.

There are no fanboys, nor hate boys. There's just satisfied and unsatisfied customers and pilots expressing their positive or negative experiences with both the Mavic and DJI support. People deal differently with adversity and frustration.

As usual the unsatisfied lot make considerably more noise, whether justifiably or not. That's OK. Some will persevere, some will give up and move on and spare themselves the hassle. Some come to forums to vent and extrapolate problems and situations, others take more objective perspectives.

Many are new to drones and R/C hobby and see these quads as infallible appliances: just plug and play like a DVD and that's it. But it's not. It's new, it's high tech, it's advanced, it's complex and it flyes - which means s#*t will happen no matter what. It always has, hobbyists know better.

Now, this is the internet: anyone can say anything. But the facts speak for themselves: the Mavic is a success. It is not flawless not perfect, but it's fair to assume there are a lot more fine Mavics flying out there than problematic ones. Sorry for troubled Mavic owners or customers pissed with DJI still-evolving support, but this thing is a blast and will reward those who are patient and dedicated. Otherwise no one would care much less bother.

In short, the truth probably lies in the middle: DJI is neither better nor worse than any other big company out there. No evil no saint. And we have options, there's a ton of manufacturers out there.

STUPID DJI had me on hold for 56 min then hung up on me ! I can confirm this !
You must to a reset from ntsc to pal and back to ntsc for the camera to reset and this will get rid of the water color issues BUT, if you go -1 or lower the water comes back but +0 goes back to sharp. I don’t know if DJI has a clue to this as its like pulling teeth to get a hold of a real knowledgeable and helpful DJI person !
So frustrating, someone needs to tell them otherwise we will be doing this for years to come!!!

Reactions: photoboy
Any news on this with switching pal to ntsc? Anyone managed to get much testing done?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
for now I find you must do the switch each time you start to record to get normal sharping and when you start to subtract sharping it will still go to the mushy effect. I talked to DJI and lets say my blood pressure still is sky high ! That should tell you something !

Also they still say they have not heard of this ! So Everyone needs to call and ask to talk to a supervisor in the USA…. Tell them !!!!!! or we will be months without a fix!

Reactions: Vroom66
DJI support just sent me a notice stating my gimbal/camera will be replaced under warranty. So in a few days, I should have it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also they still say they have not heard of this ! So Everyone needs to call and ask to talk to a supervisor in the USA…. Tell them !!!!!! or we will be months without a fix!

I recommend you push them to provide a RMA. Once I shared my photo examples, they say the problem and processed the RMA for me, no problem

DJI support just sent me a notice stating my gimbal/camera will be replaced under warranty. So in a few days, I should have it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what issues were you having?

I send my mavic in 3 weeks ago via my local dealer and got it back today stating it does not have a problem. I also send them my footage via a link, but they never bothered to even download it.. [emoji849] So I don't know what to do now...

Reactions: SrMi
I send my mavic in 3 weeks ago via my local dealer and got it back today stating it does not have a problem. I also send them my footage via a link, but they never bothered to even download it.. [emoji849] So I don't know what to do now...

Sorry to hear that. You may try the following (possible solutions discussed in the forum):

- Reset camera, e.g., by switching between NTSC <-> PAL
- Increase sharpness
- Use ISO below 400

There are no fanboys, nor hate boys. There's just satisfied and unsatisfied customers and pilots expressing their positive or negative experiences with both the Mavic and DJI support. People deal differently with adversity and frustration.

As usual the unsatisfied lot make considerably more noise, whether justifiably or not. That's OK. Some will persevere, some will give up and move on and spare themselves the hassle. Some come to forums to vent and extrapolate problems and situations, others take more objective perspectives.

Many are new to drones and R/C hobby and see these quads as infallible appliances: just plug and play like a DVD and that's it. But it's not. It's new, it's high tech, it's advanced, it's complex and it flyes - which means s#*t will happen no matter what. It always has, hobbyists know better.

Now, this is the internet: anyone can say anything. But the facts speak for themselves: the Mavic is a success. It is not flawless not perfect, but it's fair to assume there are a lot more fine Mavics flying out there than problematic ones. Sorry for troubled Mavic owners or customers pissed with DJI still-evolving support, but this thing is a blast and will reward those who are patient and dedicated. Otherwise no one would care much less bother.

In short, the truth probably lies in the middle: DJI is neither better nor worse than any other big company out there. No evil no saint. And we have options, there's a ton of manufacturers out there.

That's a load and simply reinforces my statement. DJI is famous for berating customers and bashing competitors. If you're the kind of consumer that buys a product that promises to do XYZ and you actually expect it to do XYZ, you're going to have a **** hard time on any DJI forum or DJI bought places like RCGroups. Any negative feedback or attempt to hold DJI to its marketing claims will be blasted with exactly the same type of lines you just used: "you should be in awe of this product, who cares how it performs!" or "this thing is a technical marvel, just deal with it!!" or "go make a better one if you don't like it!"

That kind of behavior has nothing to do with the industry and is absolutely exclusive to DJI. Once Yuneec gets their act together with Intel's help, DJI will be sunk without a huge attitude change.

Well Here is another pic for proof as fresh out of the water color express !
these are screen shots from video I reset from NTSC TO PAL and back to NTSC while in the air. as you see a huge difference ! This is my last test for this shet! both are art profile +0+0+0!afterreset.jpgbeforereset.jpg

these are screen shots from video I reset from NTSC TO PAL and back to NTSC while in the air. as you see a huge difference ! This is my last test for this shet! both are art profile +0+0+0!View attachment 5906View attachment 5907
They both look horrendous... probably because it's a screen grab

i personally do not have the watercolor issue so i can not test it out. but i think the ntsc - pal - ntsc trick is only work when u set sharpness at 0 or lower. In that case, please try to set the sharpness +1 and see whether or not u still need to do the trick to eliminate your watercolor issue.

I did and trust me its like sharping a dull blade !

these are screen shots from video I reset from NTSC TO PAL and back to NTSC while in the air. as you see a huge difference ! This is my last test for this shet! both are art profile +0+0+0!

For those of us that actually are PAL and not NTSC or just want the 25fps output does this also work the other way i.e. switch from PAL to NTSC to PAL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972