DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Sun False-Trigger the Obstacle Avoidance on the Mavic 2?

dvarapala

Reactions
I'm curious if DJI fixed this issue in the new models. Has anyone tested it?

i dont see that as a fixable issue,just something we have to deal with.

To be fair, I wouldn't want my Mavic to crash into the sun, either...

Not helpful, I know. :D

So, it’s the front sensors that are triggering the obstacle? Do you get the corresponding arc In Go4? What time of day did it occurr i.e., was the sun high or low? I never saw this on my MP and haven’t seen it on the M2P either despite the fact that there’s lots of sun down here in South Texas. It’s pretty much gotta be infrared, don’t you think?

While flying Kingairs in the Navy teaching students, the PT6 engines had a notorious fault whereby sunlight coming through cracks in the cowling could trigger the infrared fire detection system. This sounds mighty similar.

KB

So, it’s the front sensors that are triggering the obstacle? Do you get the corresponding arc In Go4? What time of day did it occurr i.e., was the sun high or low? I never saw this on my MP and haven’t seen it on the M2P either despite the fact that there’s lots of sun down here in South Texas. It’s pretty much gotta be infrared, don’t you think?

While flying Kingairs in the Navy teaching students, the PT6 engines had a notorious fault whereby sunlight coming through cracks in the cowling could trigger the infrared fire detection system. This sounds mighty similar.

KB
For me, I've noticed the problem on both my MP and M2P. It mainly happens when the sun is low in the sky (sunrise and sunset.) Also, it usually just occurs whenever i am making a sharp turn into the sun. I recall the MP actually braking due to the issue. Hasn't happened the M2, but it has shown the sun as an obstacle on the screen; it happens with both front and back sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming