DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does this look jittery to you?

ClearPropMedia

Reactions
Good Evening Folks,

Happy Holidays to you all! I wanted to reach out with a couple of questions about jittery footage.

My Mavic 3 (and Mini 2 for that matter) seems to playback fairly jittery footage on my MacBook Pro 2020 (32GB Ram Intel i7 Quad Core) model. It’s especially noticeable in the faster moving shots or the faster movement within an video (E.G to the left and right of the subject or in active track). I shoot manual only, usually 30FPS and always double the frame rate for shutter speed and always good exposure. I have noticed that 50FPS and 60FPS is smoother, but know that 60FPS isn’t the standard. Also seems that in brighter light it is more prevalent.

I have also thought about whether it could be my MacBook, but after transcoding to Pro Res and putting into FCPX, I still have the issue (although it does improve in the new codec). I am thinking likely a computer problem VS a Drone problem.. but I played around with some footage from a local park today and threw together a cinematic video in FCPX and notice it even in my footage on YouTube. Take a look and tell me if you see the jitters here and there:

It is especially prevalent in those gimble down shots or the closer shots circling the POI.

Any thoughts? Am I being too picky here?

Thanks!

Reactions: hiflyer201
The tilt up does look jittery probably because it is fast. The rest looked OK. To make it all look better use a ND filter to slow down the shutter speed. This will blur areas of fast motion and give the video a more cinematic look.

The tilt up does look jittery probably because it is fast. The rest looked OK. To make it all look better use a ND filter to slow down the shutter speed. This will blur areas of fast motion and give the video a more cinematic look.

This was actually shot with ND16 and shutter 1/60. So double the frame rate!

It runs smoothly on my computer large monitor. I also thought the blur was right on. There is one gimbal up that's a little abrupt maybe.
I've been flying around SoCal for a long time but I had a heck of a time figuring out where that was videoed. Nice video!

Reactions: ClearPropMedia
It runs smoothly on my computer large monitor. I also thought the blur was right on. There is one gimbal up that's a little abrupt maybe.
I've been flying around SoCal for a long time but I had a heck of a time figuring out where that was videoed. Nice video!
Thank you! How strange that I see jitters in lots of my videos from the M3 and Mini 2 for that matter. Even on slow pans. I am thinking it is more likely my MacBook Pro, but it’s only 1 year old, so not sure how that can be.

Good Evening Folks,

Happy Holidays to you all! I wanted to reach out with a couple of questions about jittery footage.

My Mavic 3 (and Mini 2 for that matter) seems to playback fairly jittery footage on my MacBook Pro 2020 (32GB Ram Intel i7 Quad Core) model. It’s especially noticeable in the faster moving shots or the faster movement within an video (E.G to the left and right of the subject or in active track). I shoot manual only, usually 30FPS and always double the frame rate for shutter speed and always good exposure. I have noticed that 50FPS and 60FPS is smoother, but know that 60FPS isn’t the standard. Also seems that in brighter light it is more prevalent.

I have also thought about whether it could be my MacBook, but after transcoding to Pro Res and putting into FCPX, I still have the issue (although it does improve in the new codec). I am thinking likely a computer problem VS a Drone problem.. but I played around with some footage from a local park today and threw together a cinematic video in FCPX and notice it even in my footage on YouTube. Take a look and tell me if you see the jitters here and there:

It is especially prevalent in those gimble down shots or the closer shots circling the POI.

Thanks!
HI...

I would say "YES" it is jettery..........

Only slightly in two spots, but with the fast gimbal movement this can happen. Lately I have been practicing making smooth deliberate movements when moving the gimbal and while yawning with me M2P. I used to get the same little "bumps" while shooting video and over time I figured out that it was my control inputs causing them.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Good Evening Folks,

Thanks!
NO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis