DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Curve on horizon and also device lag when using Polarpro filter

nn666

Reactions
I've been flying my new Mavic 3 for a few weeks now. I've noticed there is a definite curve in the horizon of my shots and Lightroom seems unable to automatically find a lens correction profile to fix this. At the moment I have to manually select DJI>PHANTOM 4 (which seems to fix most of it but not 100%). What are other people doing to correct it? Do I have to manually do it every time like this in Lightroom?

I've also noticed when using a Polarpro CPL that on my iphone 14 pro max in the controller it sort of lags a little bit. It's hard to explain but the footage I am looking at seems to be a tiny but jittery like there is a lag in the display. The footage from the SD card is ok so it's only a visual thing on the remote when using this filter. Why is this happening? Is there some way I can change something so it doesn't occur? It can be distracting seeing this in the footage while flying.

Thanks!

You shouldn't need a supplementary correction profile .. the lens correction data is built into the image file.
Post an example to show the issue - you'll have to upload to Google Drive or similar and post a link.

Coincidence ... Any lagging of the display is unrelated to the filter

You shouldn't need a supplementary correction profile .. the lens correction data is built into the image file.
Post an example to show the issue - you'll have to upload to Google Drive or similar and post a link.

Coincidence ... Any lagging of the display is unrelated to the filter
I have the screenshots from Lightroom. Top one is before, you can see the horizon is curved. In the bottom image this is corrected (you can see the lens correction setting applied using an old Phantom 4 profile). It's on every shot but obviously more noticeable in images with a clear horizon.

Before correcting:
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 11.39.05 am.png

After correcting:
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 11.39.15 am.png

I have the screenshots from Lightroom. Top one is before, you can see the horizon is curved. In the bottom image this is corrected
I was hoping to see an original image to confirm whether the fault is in the image file or the software you are using.

I have the screenshots from Lightroom. Top one is before, you can see the horizon is curved. In the bottom image this is corrected (you can see the lens correction setting applied using an old Phantom 4 profile). It's on every shot but obviously more noticeable in images with a clear horizon.

Before correcting:
View attachment 168877

After correcting:
View attachment 168876
That’s a nice photo!

I’m not sure there’s anything wrong with using a little manual distortion correction in Lightroom like you are.