DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dog attack after 20 minute fixation

Its actually not that high of a sound. In a quiet room, you should be able to hear the 'click'... Th prop sound however, could produce harmonics at gawd knows what frequencies!

Landing on a car roof, with a dog chasing the drone , would likely end in claw scratches to the car paintwork, in addition to a dog ravaged drone. @FuzzLogix Our whippet CAN look up, but chooses not to in hunt mode. Thousands of years chasing ground prey is hard to dial out

Reactions: FuzLogix
What I find...'Funny'... is that the OP hasn't responded anywhere, yet..

flew my Mavic in a secluded area....
no dogs around
After launching a dog arrived
By now a group of helpers had assembled
tried to create a secure screen to prevent dog attacking
an acrobatic leap the dog got the drone

Sounds like a script for a movie...

no dogs around

Right? And no concerned dog owner with a leash to control the animal?

no dogs around

Mark Heath

Yeah, I call BS on this one too...

Reactions: johnwithdrone
I doubt it's the ultrasonic sensor the dogs are hearing and just simply the buzz from the drone as it's quite distinctive even at a distance.

My dog is very keen on the drone which I have to be careful with and tie him up on take off and landing to make sure he is safe from the drone. If he's being a bit of a pain in the neck and I can't catch him, I climb the drone in one direction and once it's about 500m out and 120m up he can't seem to pinpoint where it is so I swing it over to the other side and land it. Since he's gone in one direction trying to follow the drone, there's plenty of time for it to land and power off before he gets to it.

I really need to try hand catching as it's the proper answer.

no dogs around

I had the same thought...

Hand catching is easy ... once you've got to grips with it (sorry). Some people disable the downward sensors but honestly, just grip it tight and keep the left stick pulled down - bit unnerving the first few times but it soon becomes second nature.
i just stick my flat palm out at about 8' below, kill the throttle and it lands in my palm goes back up about 3 " then lands with out a fight or sensor disable,.... fwiw

Assuming this isn't your dog use your boot to give it some airtime. If it is your dog tie it to something while you're using your drone

I've had a similar experience before, random dog fixated on the drone as it came down. I just did the usual hand catch, higher than usual, reaching up to the sky so that the dog wouldn't get any ideas to try to jump to catch it. I was more worried about the dog jumping at me and pushing me away to get to it first. But it all worked out in the end. I definitely wouldn't land the drone on the ground with any dogs lurking about.

LMAO, they removed my Sig 380 post. Plan B, tell the dog in a very calm voice that he can only lick the props...when spinning of course.

And rightfully so. It isn't funny and it isn't right. If someone even reached for a gun with my dog as the target, I'd have half my clip unloaded and probably be in prison afterwards. Don't be a scumbag; everybody loses.

Hand catch sounds initially good in theory, but -- if the dog jumped up and got the drone as it landed on the ground -- it could have decided to bite your hand or knock you into the props right at landing. Could have been worse.

And rightfully so. It isn't funny and it isn't right. If someone even reached for a gun with my dog as the target, I'd have half my clip unloaded and probably be in prison afterwards. Don't be a scumbag; everybody loses.
Spoken like a true redneck, let me guess...pit bull, lives in a trailer, oh and let's not forget, passed and got a conceal carry, permit... now isn't that special

Last edited:
Reactions: FuzLogix
Why didn't you gain some altitude while you had the chance, before your battery started to get low?

I doubt a dog can follow a drone 200 foot in the air..

And why would you fly the drone unitil its battery got to critical?

Dogs have super-sense hearing, it would have to be very far away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom