DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DONT GRAB YOUR DRONE

I always catch. It's all about technique. Making sure it's above your head. I slowly grab from below turn 90 degrees to shut off and done like people have said. I fly a lot in the mountains often in snow where there's just not a good place to land on the ground, especially when it's windy. I guess it's all about what personal risk you're willing to take. For me practice made all the difference. I've only had one mishap, that was with my old Spark which nicked a finger, nothing a bandaid wouldn't fix. Unfortunately Spark busted a wing in that mishap but I had DJI care and got new one in a week. It was a great learning experience though which helped me perfect the technique.

unfortunately i cant do a hand catch to risky, i am on a anticoagulant medicine for my AF, and if i was to get injured, i would not be able to stop the bleeding like the average person, so from that perspective i use a landing pad

Reactions: dawgpilot
thanks but i will stick to the landing pad served me well so far

I think if I were doing it on a boat I would want gloves.
Gloves and eye protection, if you aren't already wearing sunglasses, and most likely someone else onboard to do the hand catch, while you maneuver the sticks to keep it moving with the boat! If the boat is stopped, you can certainly more easily do it by yourself.

When I was 14 I had just gotten a p3s and decided to fly it in my room before school. A very stupid idea. Well it went out of control and I grabbed it, the propellers hit my fingers and I got really bad bruises and cuts on both hands.

so what's the point? this is so obvious if you simply read the instructions.

Listen you do know if u turn landing protection off in vps settings and grab drone, throttle down it shuts down softly and does not try to fight u....simple and easy.

I always catch. It's all about technique. Making sure it's above your head. I slowly grab from below turn 90 degrees to shut off and done like people have said. I fly a lot in the mountains often in snow where there's just not a good place to land on the ground, especially when it's windy. I guess it's all about what personal risk you're willing to take. For me practice made all the difference. I've only had one mishap, that was with my old Spark which nicked a finger, nothing a bandaid wouldn't fix. Unfortunately Spark busted a wing in that mishap but I had DJI care and got new one in a week. It was a great learning experience though which helped me perfect the technique.
Thats a little risky with a mavic sized drone. Turn off "landing protection" ( pointless anyway since you obviously know where it is going to land) then when hand catching it wont fight u at all....it just shuts down softly and fast

Thats a little risky with a mavic sized drone. Turn off "landing protection" ( pointless anyway since you obviously know where it is going to land) then when hand catching it wont fight u at all....it just shuts down softly and fast

Yep off already.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh