DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloading Hyperlapses

ChristophB

Reactions
Hi,

I have created a couple of hyperlapses a few weeks ago. The content of the SD disk looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 20.51.09.png

How can I download the hyperlapses through the DJI Go app (or any other App for that matter)? They do not appear in the Editor, the Equipment tab or in the "media gallery" (clicking on the little icon on the bottom right of the camera view) even with the drone (Mavic 2 zoom) connected.

What's the best and easiest way to retrieve the hyperlapse videos? I haven't had the opportunity to watch them yet.

Thanks and best regards,
Christoph

Before you powered off did you hit the arrow under the camera slides and then download them .Is how I get them in my Editor .
Image-1.jpeg
Look like this when I take them off my card
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.00 PM.png
Are in media as well as whatever else, in other folder are all the pictures from the hyper .

Reactions: ChristophB
They go onto the sd card on mine. I then put the card into an apple card reader plugged into an iPad Pro. Android stuff I can’t answer. Never had one.

Before you powered off did you hit the arrow under the camera slides and then download them .Is how I get them in my Editor .
View attachment 57069
Look like this when I take them off my card
View attachment 57070
Are in media as well as whatever else, in other folder are all the pictures from the hyper .

Thanks for your quick reply. I didn't download them before powering off. I was under the impression I can download them later like I would download the raw videos later, too. But that doesn't seem to be the case?

Is it possible to download them after powered off as well?

If not, with which software can I make use of those DNG files?

Thanks,
Christoph

They go onto the sd card on mine. I then put the card into an apple card reader plugged into an iPad Pro. Android stuff I can’t answer. Never had one.

Thanks for your reply. So if you put them into your iPad Pro, how do you then crate the video off the DNG files?

Reactions: ff22
Thanks for your quick reply. I didn't download them before powering off. I was under the impression I can download them later like I would download the raw videos later, too. But that doesn't seem to be the case?

Is it possible to download them after powered off as well?

If not, with which software can I make use of those DNG files?

Thanks,
Christoph
If you hadn't formatted your card you should be able to power back up and they will be there.
As far as DNG files I have never messed with them so no clue .

If you hadn't formatted your card you should be able to power back up and they will be there.

Ok, thanks I assume you refer to the below view, correct? ... I assume I messed something up as they are not there (even though they are still in the folder on the SD card).

IMG_5039.PNG

Never mind, I'll find out what to do with the DNG files. I have found out so far they are some Adobe raw standard format and I have to manually put them together into a video.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes that is where you would have seen them and when you touch one it downloads .
But none there. Good luck

Ok, thanks I assume you refer to the below view, correct? ... I assume I messed something up as they are not there (even though they are still in the folder on the SD card).

View attachment 57075

Never mind, I'll find out what to do with the DNG files. I have found out so far they are some Adobe raw standard format and I have to manually put them together into a video.

Thanks for your help!

I have to convert them to jpg's. I used Irfanview's batch convert process.

I then dragged them into a version of Magix Movie editor. I actually also dragged the raw image in but they look like crap so Magix did not know how to handle them (and I guess raw means that they should be processed for appropriate details).

Not sure of all the work required to convert the DNG files to JPEG and then combine them into an MP3. I've never done it.

If you shoot JPG only and choose not to save the originals, when you take a hyperlapse, on completion it will be assembled for you while the drone is still in the air. When you land, there will be an MP4 file of the hyperlapse sitting in the DCIM directory along with whatever other photos/movies you took during the flight. There's nothing else to be done. If you like editing on your phone/tablet, the completed MP4 can be imported as usual.

Shooting DNG gives you more latitude when processing the stills. But in the case of Hyperlapse movies, when shooting JPEG only, I've always found them completely adequate for my needs. Minor tweaks to the hyperlapse MP4 can be easily be done with a video editor.

View attachment 57075

Thanks for your help!
If you have hypers there (did these yesterday ) they would look like this.
IMG_2321.jpeg touch on it and looks like this then is in your photos
IMG_2322.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d