DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone etiquette

Hayabusa

Reactions
I went to “my” spot yesterdayonly to find about 3 other Mavic, 1 Phantom and 1 inspire.
What is the proper way to handle this? Is it ok to set up and fly same area or to find another location? I set up and flew way out and away from all the others.
Also had some interference way out and wondering if other ACs could have caused this.
Any thoughts are welcome.
Thank you
Mike

I have run into this a couple time before. I have just gone and introduced myself (once they have landed). I ask if they mind if I fly with them, I've not received a no yet. If they were there first it's always the nice thing to do to ask before flying.

You might get interference close in if you are near another DJI drone or near another powerful RC transmitter. Also. when flying with multiple aircraft in the area, it's always a good idea to shout out, "TAKING OFF" AND "LANDING" so that everyone knows your position if their eyes are up in the air or watching a device.

I do what Aerial Pixel does. We usually each pick an altitude to stick to so we don't crash into each other.

The only time I've had any interference was when I was standing close to another pilot and he faced his controller directly at me. He was flying a Phantom 3 Standard with straight Wi-Fi and I was flying a Mavic, which is on the same bands but uses OcuSync.

So my new question is, do I need to worry about other drones and interference. I would hate to show up, launch and cause someone else to crash or I don’t want anyone near me if that’s the case. How bad could it get?
Just asking!
Mike

So my new question is, do I need to worry about other drones and interference. I would hate to show up, launch and cause someone else to crash or I don’t want anyone near me if that’s the case. How bad could it get?
Just asking!
Mike
The RC is linked to your Mavic only so should not cause any problems. You can find many videos of Mavic groups flying in the same space. I think the biggest problem would be keeping track of which one is yours. A quick up/down stick movement should indicate your bird.

I went to “my” spot yesterdayonly to find about 3 other Mavic, 1 Phantom and 1 inspire.
What is the proper way to handle this? Is it ok to set up and fly same area or to find another location? I set up and flew way out and away from all the others.
Also had some interference way out and wondering if other ACs could have caused this.
Any thoughts are welcome.
Thank you
Mike

I will not fly with others are flying in the park because I have seen drones hit other drones. Fixed wing is pretty big out here too and we have to share the parks with them.. I don't know much about fixed wing other than they don't have the greatest control and have seen them blown into drones.. That's just me.. I hate the feeling of having to pay attention to other drones when I need to keep my eyes on mine. Tons of interference as well..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD