Was unit in a crash? Yes

What have you tried so far? Lost Drone

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Samsung Note *

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest firmware

What Go app version are you using? Latest version

Any modification?
(if so what) No

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

DJI Flight LOG Viewer DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I am not sure what happened to my flight. I flew over 10 hours with my Mavic PRO. Today I was flying to take some sunset pictures and at the end, the drone lost control and crashed on the railroad tracks.

Do you think DJI will replace my drone?

Did you take off from that concrete driveway or sidewalk?
Looks like your compass got messed up. Rebar concrete does that to our drones.

Did you take off from that concrete driveway or sidewalk?
Looks like your compass got messed up. Rebar concrete does that to our drones.
Concrete driveway. If the data is accurate, looks like the drone is on the ground as the altitude is 0ft. I took some pictures and all i see in the pictures is some grass in the dark. Hopefully in the morning I will be able to walk and retrieve it.

I am not sure what happened to my flight. I flew over 10 hours with my Mavic PRO. Today I was flying to take some sunset pictures and at the end, the drone lost control and crashed on the railroad tracks.
Yaw error tells it all.
Another reminder (there are many already) Never launch from steel or reinforced concrete surfaces.

Yaw error tells it all.
Another reminder (there are many already) Never launch from steel or reinforced concrete surfaces.
I am surprised with the findings. I did not know concrete will interfere with drones compass.

More specifically, Iron
So if we cannot take off drone from concrete driveway, where is the preferred place to take it off from?

Finally found the drone after looking for few hours. I am not sure if the drone hit the tree and fell down or it just drifted off into a parabola path and fell. One of the propellers broke. I am going to replace it and see if the drone still flies.

But I am honestly very nervous on flying this drone now.

i also found out the hard way about concrete,,,,,,theres a boat launch near my house and i launched from there 2 times and both times no errors until i was about 50ft in the air and then she veered fast to the left with no input,,,,,,i dont launch there any more,,,,,haha and then i launched from a concrete picnic table and same thing happend, no error but weird behavior,,,, so i learned quick what not to do, concrete bad,,, haha

Reactions: MrsTreat
So if we cannot take off drone from concrete driveway, where is the preferred place to take it off from?
But I am honestly very nervous on flying this drone now.
Rule 1. Never launch from steel or reinforced concrete surfaces
Pretty well anywhere else is fine for launching.

Rule 2. Not all you read is 100%;)

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
First of, I hope you find your bird. This info is a bit misleading. I am sorry, and I am not say anything against you. But, Clearly the truck bed is made out of aluminum. Rule 3 . You also can’t believe everything you see.. You can clearly see , all the chipped and peeling paint with not a spot of rust at all. Does steel do that? I also fly from my car. The fix I found to deal with compass mis calibration . is to just to get one of the many free metal detecting app . Wouldn’t you rather be safe than sorry. And just test the spot before you place the Mavic down . Some of you guys might say, I can’t be bothered because you want to get the bird up right away. How much more time does it take for you to try to find the Mavic when lost or get replacement parts! It takes a few seconds to test the ground and you don’t have to worry about it ever again.
Happy & Safe flying

First of, I hope you find your bird. This info is a bit misleading. I am sorry, and I am not say anything against you. But, Clearly the truck bed is made out of aluminum. Rule 3 . You also can’t believe everything you see.. You can clearly see , all the chipped and peeling paint with not a spot of rust at all. Does steel do that? I also fly from my car. The fix I found to deal with compass mis calibration . is to just to get one of the many free metal detecting app . Wouldn’t you rather be safe than sorry. And just test the spot before you place the Mavic down . Some of you guys might say, I can’t be bothered because you want to get the bird up right away. How much more time does it take for you to try to find the Mavic when lost or get replacement parts! It takes a few seconds to test the ground and you don’t have to worry about it ever again.
Happy & Safe flying
ms-33IYT4.gif
Nope all steel and is over 5th wheel hitch looking at rear end in first shot so sorry .And if you don't see the rust you are blind Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 5.01.20 AM.png
Not to mention the bed or chain &binder
Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 5.04.04 AM.png
So no need to be sorry to me but be sorry to the members that have to see this unnecessary post
answering something to someone who really has not a clue.
Next post was really a poke at Meta whom I have known for over 4 years from PP .
Anything else there as I will be glad to answer you cause would I lie to you .:)

Edit..Trust what your app tells you and if it says no go then don't try it and sorry OP for going OT .

Last edited:
Nope all steel and is over 5th wheel hitch looking at rear end in first shot so sorry.
Hi Dirk .. that looks like you've really given that a good workout. I don't understand how it lets you get away with it.
Do you always have the Mavic pointing the same way when you launch there?
I know my drones won't even let me startup if I try placing them on the car roof.

Reactions: dirkclod
My Friend, The roof of the truck might be, where there is rust. But not the liner !.So by your reply, you are saying one can fly placing the Mavic over the chains to start up with no problems? RIGHT? I can be in one spot that is bad and I just move it over a foot and with no problem. Just suggesting an app for an extra safety guy that's all. not selling a ( Mod Removed ) thing. And sorry to have tread on your ground. I really tried to tiptoe in here. Frankly, I just too * in old to need your approval or your acknowledgment. I did not think this was a pissing contest. Just a place to get info of what not to do. This is not my life. I don't live here like you do! You WIN OK? Your ball, your rules. Feel better? Moving on to really important things. No need to reply to show off you been here longer. Let the readers decide for themselves. I am really surprised and would not think it becoming for a staff member! By the way, My GM Take off and Landing Pad.
Happy & Safe Flying.

Attachments

• car top.jpg
    car top.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 72
  • car top.jpg
    car top.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dirk .. that looks like you've really given that a good workout. I don't understand how it lets you get away with it.
Do you always have the Mavic pointing the same way when you launch there?
I know my drones won't even let me startup if I try placing them on the car roof.
No I can have it pointed other ways as you see in the video and have been using that as far back as when I got my Standard and really have no clue why it lets me but it does .Now from the hood I can't .
You know me and if someone says you can't I always try it and why I made that just in fun . ;)
My Friend, The roof of the truck might be, where there is rust. But not the liner !.So by your reply, you are saying one can fly placing the Mavic over the chains to start up with no problems? RIGHT? I can be in one spot that is bad and I just move it over a foot and with no problem. Just suggesting an app for an extra safety guy that's all. not selling a ( Mod Removed ) thing. And sorry to have tread on your ground. I really tried to tiptoe in here. Frankly, I just too * in old to need your approval or your acknowledgment. I did not think this was a pissing contest. Just a place to get info of what not to do. This is not my life. I don't live here like you do! You WIN OK? Your ball, your rules. Feel better? Moving on to really important things. No need to reply to show off you been here longer. Let the readers decide for themselves. I am really surprised and would not think it becoming for a staff member! By the way, My GM Take off and Landing Pad.
Happy & Safe Flying.
You sir are out of line and please don't put words in my post. Chain is just in the back of the truck and you are the one that jumped and posted no rust. If you can't tell the back of a working truck you must have never had one . Tool box is aluminum so you win :p and as far as being a staff member yes I am and should I not be able to post also without someone trying to discredit me .Now, this has went as far as it is going to go and if you would like to discuss this farther with me I will be more than happy to in a conversation so lets just move on shall we .:)
Edit / Nice take off GM ya got there Thumbswayup

That’s really fantastic. I’ve never really tried taking off from a vehicle because i assumed it would not work.

I do often takeoff from reinforced concrete without issue even though I know there is a risk.
Well That old truck is what I got to kick around in and when I saw I could take off from there thats what I have just done . Now if the go app showed me anything abnormal I wouldn't. Saves me from having to carry a takeoff pad around . I do take off from sidewalks or asphalt sometimes if in town but here out in the country this is just easyer . Really didn't mean to ruffle any feathers but you know me or most do to do what lots say you can't just to see .:)
And to be honest why I can take off from over all that I have no clue.

I have had compass problems caused by rebar in concrete. I now always hand launch after verifying that Go 4 and my MP agree on the direction it is pointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting