DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Maker D.J.I. May Be Sending Data to China, U.S. Officials Say

Still waiting for a shred of supporting evidence for your unfounded claims ??
If it was as you say, why is it that you can't come up with the goods?

Don't bother replying unless it's with an answer.
Yawn. Same old argument by you, and same old denial by you. Ostriches bury their heads in the sand thinking that it will make the danger go away. I'm not calling you an ostrich, but if this shoe fits, wear it.

By the way, you are not the only one that I am addressing here There are numerous other posters here who completely agree with me, so please stop being such a narcissist haha

There are numerous other posters here who completely agree with me, so please stop being such a narcissist haha
If there's a bunch of you, then put your heads together and come up with some supporting material to back up these claims.

Reactions: jagraphics
Nine pages of speculation and arguing. No new info. Cows are already out of the barn. Time to archive this.

Nice report. Embedding nasty little spyware in addition to product dumping, among their other nefarious business practices. Then recently $150 million goes missing from the corporate cookie jar. What goes around comes around.

I like DJI products, but that's where my admiration for DJI ends.

Perhaps you should disassociate yourself from DJI completely, then? Maybe you can run a business strictly from repairing American made drones.

I mean, are you seriously helping enable a foreign power to spy on America?

Reactions: Pietros
I don't get any of this.... My brother was overseas when this hit and as he explained it to me. The concerns were, the possibility of their data and transmissions being hacked by Islamic extremists and/or any other bad actors in the AO. Guys were flying drones on missions, patrols, etc and the military was concerned that the enemy, that doesn't happen to be China at the moment, might be able to access that data and track our movements. They were concerned that the drones weren't secure. Oh and btw it didn't only cover DJI drones, all drones were prohibited temporarily. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, DJI was later allowed for use after they addressed their concerns.

If you're worried about Chinese products, look no further than your pocket.

Perhaps you should disassociate yourself from DJI completely, then? Maybe you can run a business strictly from repairing American made drones.

I mean, are you seriously helping enable a foreign power to spy on America?

In order to disassociate (big word) oneself from something, one needs to first be associated with that thing to begin with. I have built a reputation on NOT being associated with DJI, in any way shape or form. The only association I have with DJI is being a disgruntled customer, having been treated poorly in the past, waiting for months after being charged to receive my Mavic Pro. Thats a fact.

I always advocate for the little guy, vis a vis David vs Goliath. I am NOT "helping enable a foreign power to spy on America." Have you even read a single post in this thread, or did you just skip to the end, and try to catch up? DJI got caught. Get over it.

No soup for you. Next!

Last edited:
Reactions: Elude
I am NOT "helping enable a foreign power to spy on America." Have you even read a single post in this thread, or did you just skip to the end, and try to catch up? DJI got caught. Get over it.

Narrow minded and limited understanding.

DJI did not get caught. The US Military got caught making a silly mistake.

As noted above by many others all countries spy on each other. Or inthe case of the USA they spy on their allies as well. (biting the hand that feeds).

DJI are working with the US Authorities to enforce, according to many Americans "too many", No Fly Zones to ensure US security.. They can't be expected to second guess idiots in the US military. No one can as I know to my cost.

Having had a private conversation with ThunderDrones all I can say is: It is time to give up with this thread. It is a religious argument on his part with limited knowledge of the reality of the systems.

Narrow minded and limited understanding.

DJI did not get caught. The US Military got caught making a silly mistake.

As noted above by many others all countries spy on each other. Or inthe case of the USA they spy on their allies as well. (biting the hand that feeds).

DJI are working with the US Authorities to enforce, according to many Americans "too many", No Fly Zones to ensure US security.. They can't be expected to second guess idiots in the US military. No one can as I know to my cost.

Having had a private conversation with ThunderDrones all I can say is: It is time to give up with this thread. It is a religious argument on his part with limited knowledge of the reality of the systems.

You say "idiots in the US military."

Tens of millions of veterans have fought and died for this country and democracy, the pursuit of freedom, and the defense against tyranny and communism. Millions more are on active duty as we speak. Maybe you had better stop while you're ahead before further insulting the US military. Yes, the military, especially the USMC, is a religion to it's veterans and active duty members.

Are we. We have fought beside the USA in every war since WW1, in Europe, The Pacific, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, yet when we asked for help in East Timor we were knoced back, and your current president has made it very clear that friendship no longer counts. Seems the USA is only on its own side.

Are we. We have fought beside the USA in every war since WW1, in Europe, The Pacific, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, yet when we asked for help we were knoced back, and your current president has made it very clear that friendship no longer counts. Seems the USA is only on its own side.

The UK has had the same starting with Suez

Reactions: frank candor
Some of my best friends here are from the UK and Australia, so Im not going to bash either of those countries. I appreciate and admire both of them, regardless of what people might think about the USA.

Suffice it to say that the USA defends itself and allies against tyranny, foreign oppression, and dictatorships. How and when the USA defends itself or stands up for the free world is complicated, but effective. The USA will not participate in every single battle that arises. The taxpayers, voters and free world would object. No government is perfect, but a government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. GBA

Aint it great to be an American...

Are we. We have fought beside the USA in every war since WW1, in Europe, The Pacific, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, yet when we asked for help in East Timor we were knoced back, and your current president has made it very clear that friendship no longer counts. Seems the USA is only on its own side.
Yep , it's not a country for people, by the people, or Of the people, just a country for the rich and their wage slaves.

In order to disassociate (big word) oneself from something, one needs to first be associated with that thing to begin with. I have built a reputation on NOT being associated with DJI, in any way shape or form. The only association I have with DJI is being a disgruntled customer, having been treated poorly in the past, waiting for months after being charged to receive my Mavic Pro. Thats a fact.

I always advocate for the little guy, vis a vis David vs Goliath. I am NOT "helping enable a foreign power to spy on America." Have you even read a single post in this thread, or did you just skip to the end, and try to catch up? DJI got caught. Get over it.

No soup for you. Next!

My fault! I was under the apparently mistaken impression that you made a living repairing DJI drones and getting them back into the sky to continue spying for China. Please accept my apology.

You say "idiots in the US military."

Tens of millions of veterans have fought and died for this country and democracy, the pursuit of freedom, and the defense against tyranny and communism. Millions more are on active duty as we speak. Maybe you had better stop while you're ahead before further insulting the US military. Yes, the military, especially the USMC, is a religion to it's veterans and active duty members.

I'm a veteran and trust me when I say that we are not guilt free. A part of the reason I served was because I believe in our freedoms, including freedom of speech. Everyone has a right to their opinion in my America and a right to express it. I especially won't ever use my former service as a club to beat those that disagree with me. I'm not sure that it agree that the military made mistakes but more like certain members were using unauthorized equipment. The Army found out and put a stop to it until they could be sure that it didn't pose a security threat.

What's really funny is the Air Force went out and bought a bunch of DJI drones last year! Hahaha! Or at least they put in a requisition...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead