DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

drone parts for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohana

Reactions
I lost my drone and have a whole bunch of parts to sale.

Controller: $150
3 batteries: $60 each-sold
3 filters: $15
Mavic Pro bag: $5
Quad charger: $25
Car charger: $25
Charger: $10
Landing gear: $10

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
I have lost three drones and paid over $300 for them. The first two were my fault but by the last drone I was super careful and it wasn’t. I was flying 300 feet away and 100 feet high when it disconnected and I couldn’t find it or get it back. I realized that at this point drones are to expensive for how on relabel they are. They are only good for rich people, serious photographer that use them for business or lucky people. You could spend $1000 on a drone or spend that on a motorcycle that will last years or something else more reliable. I love photography and am deeply sad about this. Don’t waste your money.
Ok

Sad you felt like you needed to tell people all of this.
Hope you enjoy riding your motor cycle.... or what ever you decide to do.

You will not find me telling you what not to do with your money wish you had respected me (and others) the same way.

any drone I ever had any I loved it I never wasted a penny yes I broke / smashed / crashed them .. but I did that with all the cheap ones .. lessons learned .. I also drive a KTM .. and love that to but I rather crash a drone then a bike as your less likely to die from a drone crash ,, take care . bye

Sad you felt like you needed to tell people all of this.
Hope you enjoy riding your motor cycle.... or what ever you decide to do.

You will not find me telling you what not to do with your money wish you had respected me (and others) the same way.
Jeez I didn’t mean it like that it was just a word of advice

I have never crashed a drone, but I have crashed bikes, and have the limp and scars to prove it.

$1000 for a motorcycle? I don't know what you are going to get for a grand, but good luck ( from the person that just wrote a check for 12K tor a Concours 14 and has another 50K in Chrome Turds from Milwaukee right beside it) a Grand buys nothing I'd want to ride, but if a 30 year old Rebel 250 is your idea of fun, have at it.

I had ONE instance where my drone "got away" from me, since I had taken the time to read the instructions, familiarize myself with the aircraft AND set it up properly, use of the RTH brought it home.

It is the lousy mechanic that blames the tool

I have lost three drones and paid over $300 for them. The first two were my fault but by the last drone I was super careful and it wasn’t. I was flying 300 feet away and 100 feet high when it disconnected and I couldn’t find it or get it back. I realized that at this point drones are to expensive for how on relabel they are. They are only good for rich people, serious photographer that use them for business or lucky people. You could spend $1000 on a drone or spend that on a motorcycle that will last years or something else more reliable. I love photography and am deeply sad about this. Don’t waste your money.

What kind of drones did you own for $100 each? I dont think they were in the same class as the Mavic.

It's too bad you didnt enjoy the hobby. Think about it though. One single Macro or telephoto lens could cost you $700 - $2000, and if you drop it, you lost your money. Mavics are not expensive if you enjoy it and can make some money from it.

Reactions: colinfowler
It's too bad you didn't enjoy the hobby. Think about it though. One single Macro or telephoto lens could cost you $700 - $2000, and if you drop it, you lost your money..

My Mavic Pro Fly More is on my desk,well more like all of it is spread out all over my desk along with 2 Canon DSLR's and more lenses than I care to think about...So I have $1500 into the Mavic and accessories.... the 2 camera bodies were a lot more than that... plus glass.

I know I have mentioned this before, but I am a licensed pilot, Part 61 General Aviation little plane type of pilot..

It costs me $110 dollars an hour to be in the air.

Granted I am not going to hop in a Mavic and fly to Nantucket when I am in NH, or Key West when I am in Florida for lunch, but I have a lot more fun, and get nicer pictures from the Mavic than the Cessna.

The first 2 pictures are from the plane, the next 2 are from the Mavic ProIMG_20140816_133937650_HDR.jpg IMG_20140816_134026171.jpg DJI_0892.JPG DJI_0944.JPG

You could spend $1000 on a drone or spend that on a motorcycle that will last years or something else more reliable.

You could also spend $1000 on a giant rock that will last thousands of years and never break down, but rocks are not a hobby I enjoy.

That being said, I'm struggling to find a valid comparison between a $100 Walmart drone and a Mavic.

[QUOTE="Ohana, post: I was flying 300 feet away and 100 feet high when it disconnected and I couldn’t find it or get it back. I realized that at this point drones are to expensive for how on relabel they are. They are only good for rich people, I love photography and am deeply sad about this. Don’t waste your money.[/QUOTE]

If you love something, set it free.
If it comes back, it was and always will be yours.
If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with.
Or you forgot to re-calibrate the **** compass again!

I have never crashed a drone, but I have crashed bikes, and have the limp and scars to prove it.

$1000 for a motorcycle? I don't know what you are going to get for a grand, but good luck ( from the person that just wrote a check for 12K tor a Concours 14 and has another 50K in Chrome Turds from Milwaukee right beside it) a Grand buys nothing I'd want to ride, but if a 30 year old Rebel 250 is your idea of fun, have at it.

I had ONE instance where my drone "got away" from me, since I had taken the time to read the instructions, familiarize myself with the aircraft AND set it up properly, use of the RTH brought it home.

It is the lousy mechanic that blames the tool
I’m getting a 1999 Suzuki DR200SE

What kind of drones did you own for $100 each? I dont think they were in the same class as the Mavic.

It's too bad you didnt enjoy the hobby. Think about it though. One single Macro or telephoto lens could cost you $700 - $2000, and if you drop it, you lost your money. Mavics are not expensive if you enjoy it and can make some money from it.
meant 3000

I have lost three drones and paid over $300 for them

I feel your pain.
Over the past 40 years, I have spent hundreds of dollars on socks. I've learned that they're a total waste of money. Either one of them gets lost somewhere in the laundry, or one of them ends up with a hole right next to the big toe and makes it miserable to wear. The white socks always grow dingy and gray over time. And my favorite pair of blue & orange argyles faded to pink when my wife washed them with her red undies. I've decided that socks are just for rich people or professional athletes. I could either spend $20 on a 3-pack of socks, or use the money to buy something more reliable, like a nice T-shirt that says "I'm with Stupid". I really love socks so I am deeply sad about this. You all should stop blowing your money on socks and just wear sandals from now on. Don't waste your money.

Farewell, Ohana. Your nuggets of wisdom will be missed here.

giphy.gif

I feel your pain.
Over the past 40 years, I have spent hundreds of dollars on socks. I've learned that they're a total waste of money. Either one of them gets lost somewhere in the laundry, or one of them ends up with a hole right next to the big toe and makes it miserable to wear. The white socks always grow dingy and gray over time. And my favorite pair of blue & orange argyles faded to pink when my wife washed them with her red undies. I've decided that socks are just for rich people or professional athletes. I could either spend $20 on a 3-pack of socks, or use the money to buy something more reliable, like a nice T-shirt that says "I'm with Stupid". I really love socks so I am deeply sad about this. You all should stop blowing your money on socks and just wear sandals from now on. Don't waste your money.

Farewell, Ohana. Your nuggets of wisdom will be missed here.

giphy.gif

You are a riot! And Steve Buscemi!

I really good friend of mine told me you have to wear socks with sandals. There is no way he is wrong, I’m now facing a paradox because I feel Tray is also correct.

What to do...

Ok I decided, one foot with a sock and sandal. The other foot without. That’s also a 50 percent improvement in the economics of sock ownership for those of us that were going to wear socks despite Trays insistence to not do that.

Tray, hats off. Brought me a big smile at point in my day that it was very welcome!

Scratch that hats off thing too... I meant socks off to you mate!

Jeez I didn’t mean it like that it was just a word of advice

I get what you meant. But still that’s harsh advise. Not sure why you had these issues. I had one big flyaway and many crashes myself. Still love doing this.

If you hate it stop doing it.

I was just saying that I’m not telling you to not ride a bike. I hate riding bikes for lots of reasons, one of which is a close friend lost one of his two twin sons to a very tragic accident while they were riding together. I’ll spare you the details. Another close friend of mine went out and got a Harley with some monster Porsche engine in it.

Despite being a friend of mine for 20 years I gave him less of my opinion on the matter than you gave me in your original post. This type of advice you offered can and often will rub people the wrong way. It was more a commandment than advice is the way it came off.

I am disappointed your leaving the hobby under these circumstances, but you have to do what feels right to you.

I sincerely hope you find happiness in what you do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev