DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone video

I use crossfades a lot in Premier but they still take up space and I was trying to make this video as short as possible. For the quick cut transitions, I try to show groups of 4-5 individual stills (not videos) that are related in subject. For a more slowly paced video, I often us crossfades.

Thanks for the tip.

That was meant for the OP, but I see I wasn't specific. I guess it's for anybody that cares :)

As long as we are chatting about it, man I hate all the gimmicky transitions that I see in some videos. Ouch. I have access to a zillion of them, but I only use a few.

That was meant for the OP, but I see I wasn't specific. I guess it's for anybody that cares :)

As long as we are chatting about it, man I hate all the gimmicky transitions that I see in some videos. Ouch. I have access to a zillion of them, but I only use a few.
Everyone can use ur tip. Thats the thing transitions can ruin the ”flow” thats why I havent use any, but will experiment

I have a You Tube Channel and. Vimeo channel. I publish to both. The crossfade transition is an easy one in Premiere. Just go to the video transitions and fund it, then drag it into your time line on the space separating each frame.

Reactions: tony11
I have a You Tube Channel and. Vimeo channel. I publish to both. The crossfade transition is an easy one in Premiere. Just go to the video transitions and fund it, then drag it into your time line on the space separating each frame.
Whats your channel name so we can check it out

Very impressed some of that footage is spectacular [emoji1305]

Another quick way to add cross fade transitions between clips in Premiere is to position the play head between two clips and then hit CNTRL-D on a PC or CMD-D on a Mac, that automatically inserts the transition. And you can get the play head to "snap" to the beginning or end of a clip with the up arrow (moves play head to the right side of a clip) and down arrow (moves play head to lead side of a clip).

let me know what you think

Just went to your You Tube to check it out and watched Birds Eye View with music by Ian Pot. Very nice and dreamy. Gave it a thumbs up. Nice work.

Another quick way to add cross fade transitions between clips in Premiere is to position the play head between two clips and then hit CNTRL-D on a PC or CMD-D on a Mac, that automatically inserts the transition. And you can get the play head to "snap" to the beginning or end of a clip with the up arrow (moves play head to the right side of a clip) and down arrow (moves play head to lead side of a clip).
I gotta check them out for my next video, gotta suit the video

Just went to your You Tube to check it out and watched Birds Eye View with music by Ian Pot. Very nice and dreamy. Gave it a thumbs up. Nice work.
Thanks. When I make videos I really want it to "impact" the viewer somehow. I'm not there yet but im practicing

Thanks. When I make videos I really want it to "impact" the viewer somehow. I'm not there yet but im practicing
There are a ton of keyboard shortcuts to reduce the movement of the mouse. They can be found in Premiere Pro by clicking on the top menu. PremierePro>Keyboard Shortcuts. Also, Google the term, "Premiere Pro Keyboard Shortcuts" and you will find at least 3 You Tube videos on keyboard shortcuts.

There are a ton of keyboard shortcuts to reduce the movement of the mouse. They can be found in Premiere Pro by clicking on the top menu. PremierePro>Keyboard Shortcuts. Also, Google the term, "Premiere Pro Keyboard Shortcuts" and you will find at least 3 You Tube videos on keyboard shortcuts.
I saw some youtuber edit, he was using the keyboard alot instead of mouse, I gotta check that out and make some shortcuts for myself

There was some really, REALLY good shots in there. Not taking away from your skills my man because you definitely have them . . . but its hard to mess up flying over scenery like that. Very good job Tony!!

There was some really, REALLY good shots in there. Not taking away from your skills my man because you definitely have them . . . but its hard to mess up flying over scenery like that. Very good job Tony!!
Yes- the scenery is compelling! But the POST PRODUCTION is what makes these images stand out. I spend, on the average, more than 15 minutes in Photoshop editing these still images to get them to look the way I want. Also, I use the color correction in Premiere. I shoot everything in RAW which is flat as a pancake. I turn off all jpg changes in the camera. My camera records up to 30 MP in the image-with lots of information from the sensor. In addition, just the site location for these shots and videos is not an easy task. The access to the shooting locations involve hours of driving, climbing into 700 foot deep canyons, scrambling over river rocks, flying a drone over a farmer's field, etc. You know what I mean. When you look at the photo or video you sometimes do not think of the effort to just get to that shooting location.

Here is an image of the keyboard shortcuts

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 7.36.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 7.36.30 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 2
Thanks my man, you just gotta find those locations and make your move :)

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Yes- the scenery is compelling! But the POST PRODUCTION is what makes these images stand out. I spend, on the average, more than 15 minutes in Photoshop editing these still images to get them to look the way I want. Also, I use the color correction in Premiere. I shoot everything in RAW which is flat as a pancake. I turn off all jpg changes in the camera. My camera records up to 30 MP in the image-with lots of information from the sensor. In addition, just the site location for these shots and videos is not an easy task. The access to the shooting locations involve hours of driving, climbing into 700 foot deep canyons, scrambling over river rocks, flying a drone over a farmer's field, etc. You know what I mean. When you look at the photo or video you sometimes do not think of the effort to just get to that shooting location.

I never thought about this before I started with "photography" but where I live (Norway), u dont need to go far away to get some nice shots.. Like today we were going for fishing on a place 50min from my home. the location was so beautiful, it was amazing. Like I said im really new to this and I never thought much about this before I started with "photography". nice keyboard shortcuts

go to the video and from there you can see the other videos.
Really Dale? Big Sky Montana? How are we supposed to compete with that level of beauty? Thanks for squashing us all like bugs ?!

Seriously you got some skills my man. Good stuff there. I'll spend this evening going thru your footage . . .

Thanks for sharing!

Dale, thank you and I hear you. I'll definitely put this info to use. I use Photoshop CS and Lightroom. For video I use Vegas PRO and Adobe AE (if I'm adding FX). Is that what your keyboard looks like? I'm interested in that. I'm about to spend some time inside your videos . . .

James

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying