DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Dunottar Castle, Stonehaven, Scotland

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
As I have been laid up with the lurgy since coming back from Scotland it has given me time to do some editing of the footage we captured, not done too much as rest and sleep have been needed.

This video of Dunnottar Castle - captured before opening time on Friday last week when drone flying was allowed - is the result of yesterday's editing...

The ruins of Dunnottar have long been on my list of places to visit, after first seeing them used as the setting for Tintagel in the Excalibur film of the 80's, and I am glad to say it does not disappoint...

As I have been laid up with the lurgy since coming back from Scotland it has given me time to do some editing of the footage we captured, not done too much as rest and sleep have been needed.

This video of Dunnottar Castle - captured before opening time on Friday last week when drone flying was allowed - is the result of yesterday's editing...

The ruins of Dunnottar have long been on my list of places to visit, after first seeing them used as the setting for Tintagel in the Excalibur film of the 80's, and I am glad to say it does not disappoint...

Spectacular. One of your best to date I’d say. Excellent flight, great angles, perfect soundtrack. 10/10.

• Love
Reactions: AlbionDrones
Spectacular. One of your best to date I’d say. Excellent flight, great angles, perfect soundtrack. 10/10.
Praise indeed, thank you kindly...

Hi Suzzana,
and another little masterpiece from you. Very nice shots of the fantastic castle...I was there many years ago, unfortunately there were no drones then! Everything fits, the music is very well chosen, and as always flown very smoothly, compliments Suzzana!

Hi Suzzana,
and another little masterpiece from you. Very nice shots of the fantastic castle...I was there many years ago, unfortunately there were no drones then! Everything fits, the music is very well chosen, and as always flown very smoothly, compliments Suzzana!
Thank you kindly :)

Great drone video, your amazing video inspired me to do research on this particular castle. Thank you for shearing.

Great drone video, your amazing video inspired me to do research on this particular castle. Thank you for shearing.
Thanks, I am honoured to have provided inspiration for you...

Another great video! Great content. I didn't see the young lady that flies the drone in this one :)

Another great video! Great content. I didn't see the young lady that flies the drone in this one :)
Thanks... I was on the hill behind, sat on a bench, in a blue top with black leggings... Young lady, lol, I am in my mid 50's...

Reactions: Rchawks
Great place for a castle! The view is spectacular. The sound of the waves is probably wonderful. I wonder if whoever built it thought it would still be standing in the 21st Century.
As usual, Suzanne, awesomely done!

• Love
Great place for a castle! The view is spectacular. The sound of the waves is probably wonderful. I wonder if whoever built it thought it would still be standing in the 21st Century.
As usual, Suzanne, awesomely done!
And as usual, thank you kindly.... Have an interesting one of the Falls of Bruar that I am working on, AVATA up the gorge and AIR3 from above... Hopefully will be able to share tomorrow..

Amazing. Just superb. This from a guy who shot helicopter aerials for the movies for nearly two decades.

I can't imagine the anxiety provoked by that tiny little aircraft of yours, venturing waaaaaaaay out over the ocean. I freak out when mine is a few hundred feet away over dry land. :)

How much time do you allow for you to shoot such complex and far-ranging coverage?

• Love
Amazing. Just superb. This from a guy who shot helicopter aerials for the movies for nearly two decades.

I can't imagine the anxiety provoked by that tiny little aircraft of yours, venturing waaaaaaaay out over the ocean. I freak out when mine is a few hundred feet away over dry land. :)

How much time do you allow for you to shoot such complex and far-ranging coverage?
Thank you, praise indeed, and from a professional to boot!

TBH the AIR3 is large enough to see at a good distance, and the max I was flying away from the TOAL point on the headland was about 500m, so not too difficult to keep in sight, especially as I kept it silhouetted for most of the time against the sky... I have come to trust the DJI kit, but if the worst were to happen then I have Care Refresh, sometimes you have to push it to get the results...

My biggest worry here was the 25mph wind and the gulls, they were surprisingly nonchalant about the drone - but 3 miles up the coast in Stonehaven they were evil...

As to how long did the shoot take, it was an hour and 15 away from our holiday cottage, and the castle opens at 9 am, so flying had to be done by then, we set off hoping to arrive at 8 am, but it was 815 am when we arrived, and then a 10-minute walk and set up, leaving only about 35 minutes for footage capture.

I had studied the maps and other videos, so had a good idea of what I wanted as in and out and basic footage, so I set out to capture that, then some straight overflights, orbits, and some captures of the waves, an then some of the things that I noticed while flying, such as the tower house...

All in all about 25 minutes flying time, and I landed with 54% batteries left - just as the Castle staff were walking up to the entrance and about 10 minutes before opening time - when I would have been asked to land and stop flying, so I made good use of the time...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
themirac