DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dust inside the lens

TPM

Reactions
Hello,
I post a message because I have a big problem with the lens. I have some dust inside the lens and on my picture/video you can see a defect. To show you I post some pictures. Do you have an idea to fix it ? Do you thing "DJI care refresh" covers my problem ?
Thank you. Iphone-012.jpgIphone-14.jpgIphone-0387.jpg

You can also fix our current images in post processing. Most editing software has the ability to remove spots.

As @Mossiback said, if you havent breached the terms of your warranty, then it would be a claim if you bought the drone from an authorized dealer less than 6 months ago. If not, then a Refresh would be a good solution.

Good price but have you tried installing one? Did you find it difficult or easy?
No I have not had to replace one, but I've seen the process done in multiple videos and it certainly something that that can be done reasonably quickly by someone who is inclined to do it. It's just a few tiny screws and a small cable.

No I have not had to replace one, but I've seen the process done in multiple videos and it certainly something that that can be done reasonably quickly by someone who is inclined to do it. It's just a few tiny screws and a small cable.

I see. No disrespect intended, but I once saw a video on Youtube about how to stain your deck. The guy did his in 2 hours. Easy, right? Early one summer day, I ran to the Home Depot at 6am, got everything he said I needed. Made a few more trips back to the Home Depot.

Fast forward 2 months, and I was still sanding the deck. My wife told me I better get it done before the winter comes.

Moral of the story, never judge your own abilities by what you see on Youtube. I have replaced hundreds of these, and it is really not an easy task, and you risk breaking your LVDS cable or stripping the screws on the lens. Then you will have to dremel it out. Dont ask me how I know.

Reactions: Peter Hughes
I see. No disrespect intended, but I once saw a video on Youtube about how to stain your deck. The guy did his in 2 hours. Easy, right? Early one summer day, I ran to the Home Depot at 6am, got everything he said I needed. Made a few more trips back to the Home Depot.

Fast forward 2 months, and I was still sanding the deck. My wife told me I better get it done before the winter comes.

Moral of the story, never judge your own abilities by what you see on Youtube. I have replaced hundreds of these, and it is really not an easy task, and you risk breaking your LVDS cable or stripping the screws on the lens. Then you will have to dremel it out. Dont ask me how I know.
Of course there's always risk but you have to start somewhere if you want to learn. A lot of us enjoy learning how to work on our own stuff. At the very least you'll get another customer when it all goes south. There's a pun right there.

Reactions: Former Member
Of course there's always risk but you have to start somewhere if you want to learn. A lot of us enjoy learning how to work on our own stuff. At the very least you'll get another customer when it all goes south. There's a pun right there.

Youre right. As long as one goes into it with eyes wide open, then they know the risks.

"Goes South" very funny!

Totally agree with that moral & I’ve learned it over many, many bitter, disappointing times.

Reactions: Former Member
Ok thank you very much for your answers. My warranty is over but I have "DJI care refresh" until the 4th february. I'm going to contact DJI support and try to obtain a fixing with the "DJI care refresh".
I have already seen the tutorial on Youtube to change the lens. If my contact with DJI doesn't work I will try to change it by myself. I find the price of the lens is surprising (20-30$). it's cheap .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjiekun