DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Early morning at Loch Nes

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Another 'Oldie' today, from April last year, an early morning spring flight over Loch Ness...

We were on our way to Speyside for a day of whisky tours, but the amazing light and hypnotic water bade us stop and take a short flight, which yielded this one shot relaxing video...

I know that there is a school of thought that you should have slips no longer than 6 seconds, as it allegedly keeps the viewer interested, but for me, the serene scene, the longer smooth epic flight works better...

What do you think, should drone footage video be edited at a fast pace to keep the viewer engaged, or should it be more dependant on what the creator is seeking to make?

You certainly were busy last year! Another great video clip. As for editing, I find it enjoyable to watch both methods of doing so. This clip would be spoiled as far as I am concerned if you loaded it with transitions every 6 seconds or so, whereas some of your videos from say, the Orkney Neolithic stones, lend themselves to different angle views and such. I fly for fun and if I take videos it is just to please myself and others may not like my clips but that is just me.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
You certainly were busy last year! Another great video clip. As for editing, I find it enjoyable to watch both methods of doing so. This clip would be spoiled as far as I am concerned if you loaded it with transitions every 6 seconds or so, whereas some of your videos from say, the Orkney Neolithic stones, lend themselves to different angle views and such. I fly for fun and if I take videos it is just to please myself and others may not like my clips but that is just me.
Thanks, and thanks for answering the question...

Two thoughts come to mind , firt being that no one watches your video more than ourselves, Thus your videos can be as longs as you yourself can. stay entertained.

My second thought is something that I feel is needed for a video like this is < For you to add in speech form , what were seing, the secrets, the goals, and thus the very feelings of being a such a almost fantasy like place. These type of comments lend to such videos.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water, and try to Capture the Nessi.

Two thoughts come to mind , firt being that no one watches your video more than ourselves, Thus your videos can be as longs as you yourself can. stay entertained.

My second thought is something that I feel is needed for a video like this is < For you to add in speech form , what were seing, the secrets, the goals, and thus the very feelings of being a such a almost fantasy like place. These type of comments lend to such videos.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water, and try to Capture the Nessi.
Thanks for watching and commenting... Yeah, some narration woud be interesting and perhaps more engaging... I am looking at getting a mic set up in the not too distant future, in order to be able to add narration and to record my own music - I play a NA style flute that would be interesting on some videos...

I will probably end up trialling a narrated and non-narrated version at some point, but until then I shall try and trust my own instincts...

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Another 'Oldie' today, from April last year, an early morning spring flight over Loch Ness...

We were on our way to Speyside for a day of whisky tours, but the amazing light and hypnotic water bade us stop and take a short flight, which yielded this one shot relaxing video...

I know that there is a school of thought that you should have slips no longer than 6 seconds, as it allegedly keeps the viewer interested, but for me, the serene scene, the longer smooth epic flight works better...

What do you think, should drone footage video be edited at a fast pace to keep the viewer engaged, or should it be more dependant on what the creator is seeking to make?

The music joined the peaceful lake perfectly.

Fortunately "Nessie" didn't surface and ruin the ambiance 😘.

It’s my opinion that many videos on this forum would benefit from more editing, but this one has a specific purpose for being slow paced. I agree with Joe-blow above, and believe the music really enhances the film. On the flip side, purposeless repetition quickly gets boring, no matter how good the music is. JMO. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I enjoyed watching it. Rules are there only to be broken. If the intent is clear and conveyed well I have no objection. Fast pace cuts would not suit this tranquil moment. You have captured it well, the moves were smooth and fitting the scenery.
If you do not have 4 minutes to spare in your life to enjoy fleeting moment like this, this video is clearly not for you. But that does not mean that there is something wrong with the video (or you) 😉🤗

I enjoyed watching it. Rules are there only to be broken. If the intent is clear and conveyed well I have no objection. Fast pace cuts would not suit this tranquil moment. You have captured it well, the moves were smooth and fitting the scenery.
If you do not have 4 minutes to spare in your life to enjoy fleeting moment like this, this video is clearly not for you. But that does not mean that there is something wrong with the video (or you) 😉🤗
Thanks for the response, glad it was enjoyed...