DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing the video your Mavic shoots

Marko9219

Reactions
How many of you are just popping out the memory card and watching the video unedited with no post-production work? For those that edit and do your own post-production work, what platform/software are you using? What is your typical post-production workflow? I have a PC and a Macbook Air both, but no software yet. Thanks!

Reactions: Goose0410
I shoot in D-Log most of the time, so nothing's ever very viewable raw.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.

I'm the exact same as dwallersv. D-Log and Premiere Pro CC 2017.

Shoot, review footage, edit, de-noise, color correct, grade, add audio and/or text, review, export. This is usually followed by more color grading / color correction and other edits after reviewing after 1st export.

How many of you are just popping out the memory card and watching the video unedited with no post-production work? For those that edit and do your own post-production work, what platform/software are you using? What is your typical post-production workflow? I have a PC and a Macbook Air both, but no software yet. Thanks!
Your MacBook Air has got iMovie installed....try that, and see if you like it.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
I have a newer MacBook Air. It did not come with iMovie, but it was free to download and install. It is very easy to use and does everything I need it to do - basic color correction, sound/music editing / titles/credits / scene transitions, time-lapse, clip cut & paste / image stabilization, etc..

I don't think you can do sophisticated color grading using Luts and such, but I've never had the need. I'd say unless you are trying to produce commercial-quality professional videos, iMovie is a great option: FREE and EASY.

I'm the exact same as dwallersv. D-Log and Premiere Pro CC 2017.

Shoot, review footage, edit, de-noise, color correct, grade, add audio and/or text, review, export. This is usually followed by more color grading / color correction and other edits after reviewing after 1st export.

Once you're skilled with the editing software of choice how long does it take to complete the edit, say 30 mins raw footage down to 2 mins of edited? Curious

I've got FCPX and am using a MacBook Pro, but as it's an older model (late 2011), the workflow is PAINFUL due to the older processor and graphics card. The laptop doesn't show stuff off the memory card very well (v. choppy), but once I load it into FCPX, as a proxy it runs much smoother (at the cost of lots of time to process and hard drive space). Like rockydog says, if you're on a Mac, try iMovie. I started out with that. It's a good intro to NLEs. There's also DaVinci Resolve, which is free as well, with apparently lots of power for things like colour correction/grading.
My laptop is on its last legs and I'm really looking forward to upgrading!

Reactions: Matisse13

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs