DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing?!?! Video and Sound.... Please forgive.

JOHNNYBRAVO

Reactions
I didn't want to post this in Video's as I wanted to keep that just all cool videos of peoples hard work and great drone operation. Sorry new to this forum and thought that I needed to ask my questions here and keep that sub category for Operators awesome finished product.

Where are people editing their videos? I don't have my drone, be about two weeks to ship to Canada. Is there an app or a editing software that comes with it that helps create videos with music or all you guys and girls pros from birth at this? Some videos, the music matches the change of footage, pure awesome, timed so perfect.

Anyone local on the West Coast of Canada, White Rock that will help me with this video editing? I have researched the heck out of my drone and am confident that I'll be able to fly it and utilize all of it's automated and manual features. The one thing I haven't spent much time on is editing and every video looks amazing when mixed with audio.

Noob

Personally I use PowerDirector 15. Others have recommended Adobe Premier Pro, and others something else. It's really a matter of personal taste and whether your on PC or Mac. Do some research to find the best fit for you. The drone does come with a rudimentary editing section but you'll probably want to invest in some real software if you're looking for killer footage. On any of the standalone editing software, syncing the footage up with the audio is just a matter of trimming and placing clips to sync up with the music. It's easy to do when you can see the waveform of the music which is typically sitting right below your video clips.

Reactions: BeneluxStudio
It's really not all that scary once you get into it. The hardest part is capturing footage that's worth spending time editing. That's more a matter of getting all of the settings right in the Mavic Pro before you start flying so you get nice smooth footage with the right exposure. There's plenty of threads here on what people seem to be getting the best results with. I'm by no means a pro. In fact, I've had this particular editing software for less than a week, the drone for only a month. With only that I threw this together a couple of days ago.

There wasn't much of a need to sync to the music but if I had picked a different track it would have been simple to do.

For instance, here are different clips that I've edited to the right length. View media item 398
I'll then just grab and slide them wherever I want them to be in the video. Below that is the music track waveform which I can use to align the different scenes or transitions to a specific part of the music track. If you can't visualize the part of the music just from looking at the waveform (louder parts will be taller etc.) then you can just keep sliding the video around and previewing that part until you get it just the way you want it. The basics are really easy to understand. The intricacies, while endless and harder to master, do pay off if you master them but they aren't really necessary to create a pretty nice finished product.

Workflow with an iMac 27 inch, 5K Retina, using Final Cut Pro X and Motion. Handles 4K very well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd