DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing

EricE

Reactions
Bought the Mavic Air a few months back. Really enjoying it with no issues. I want to start editing my video and was wondering what the most common and user friendly software was for this application.

There are many popular editing software in the market today to name a few you have Adobe Premiere Pro Cc, Filmora, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Pinnacle Studio and many more but if you are like me, someone who wants to start editing right away, color grading, adding music and transitions to your clips go with the simplest editing video a photo software Adobe Premiere Elements 19 you ll be surprise, then get into the more advance video editing when ready if you want to do it professionally. You dont want to spend hours and days hiw to figure out how to put together a video, Adobe Premiere Elements guide you truough out the whole process so easy and frendly software.

Bought the Mavic Air a few months back. Really enjoying it with no issues. I want to start editing my video and was wondering what the most common and user friendly software was for this application.

I'm new at drones, working at it daily. I'm sure there are better tools and I hope to discover them.

Meanwhile, I've been using Camtasia because I've been using it for a long time to do the little bit of editing I've needed to make videos for classes. At the time I first got Camtasia it was because it made it very easy to do screen shots for teaching software and networking stuff and mix them with videos and audio from other sources.

Mostly what I use it for now is taking the high-definition video raw from drones and editing it into 1080p or 720p to make it suitable for the web. It can do simple 'color correction' type edits, put in captions, make swirly zoomy effects between scenes, and put out files to share on social media or put on the web.

4K video from the drones is good if watched on a 4K tv or monitor, but it makes huge files that don't download quick to a phone, to edit so I usually shoot at 1080 or 2K since 'excess' resolution is wasted if a browser or a smartphone is used.

Last new PC I got it with Adobe Premiere Elements which is the simplified version of the full Premiere video editing tools for a hundred bucks or so to install on a PC or Mac. There's also the cloud version that's available for subscription along with their other tools for something like $5 to $89 per month. If I'd started out with Premiere it would probably be my go-to video editor since it looks like it's got lots more, better features to explore, but since I"m used to Camtasia and it's features that's what I use most, am still getting into Premiere. It looks like it's cheaper to buy that Camtasia...

I hope this helps?

Hey gbpro, we were answering at the same time. I'm glad to see Premiere Elements recommended again...

I also use Adobe Premiere Elements along with Adobe Photoshop. Premiere Elements is cheap and has a straightforward interface. In my opinion, it's a great program.

Yes. I m making amazing videos with Adobe Premiere Elements 19, also I want to let you guys know I m using Vimeo to upload my videos in 4k and I get my music royalty free from Epic Sound. Both are pay services but they are worth having them, Epic Sound had a free trial for 30 days.

Depends on what computer you work with. Having a MAC, you could start using iMovie. For someone who starts with simple editing videos, it has enough options to wokr with.

Divinci Resolve and dont look back. Its free and works very well.

Reactions: Thomas B
Divinci Resolve and dont look back. Its free and works very well.
At least until and unless you notice any deficiencies in the work produced.

Adobe can easily become a money pit for the nonprofit. Yes I use it... my employer buys the licenses.

At least until and unless you notice any deficiencies in the work produced.

Adobe can easily become a money pit for the nonprofit. Yes I use it... my employer buys the licenses.

indeed, I downloaded a copy of the davinci resolve beta 16 free version and it wont allow me to set transitions :-(

Wondering if I should either uninstall and reinstall or uninstall and install an older version.

Any other great user friendly editing apps that you recommend? I’m a beginner, but willing to learn!

I’m on an iMac.... I find that most of my needs and desire can be met with iMovie. Results can be seen in my Sedona flight movies posted on this forum or YouTube.

Awesome! What’s your YouTube channel I’d love to check em out

Any other great user friendly editing apps that you recommend? I’m a beginner, but willing to learn!

I find that most of my needs and desire can be met with iMovie.

Indeed, I still use imovie, so easy to do the simple crops, fades in / out, transitions etc . . . I even still use the DJI editor that is on my Go4 app !!
Unless you are shooting in very high res (2.7 or 4k), I find it very easy to do on the iphone or ipad mini 4.

I use music still from DJI app, or the basic imovie inventory, or you can make the output silent, and add something from the free youtube offerings when uploading.

All totally free, then when you outgrow them you can move to a reasonably priced app (or free Davinci Resolve).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661