DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

As far as I know Chromecast v2 always uses a WIFI hotspot so you need a router or maybe make one with the phone (may work, may not work don't know)

PS: And of course the obvious thing that is really bad with Chromecast you're going to spoil the 2.4ghz band even more so maybe you get more interference with the drone etc.

Andy

@Maclak, normally when you use the Chromecast, you plug it into the HDMI port of your TV and wirelessly connect it to the WiFi signal of your home router.

When you have an android device with the Google Home app, or with Chrome browser, you can there select to cast your screen to the TV.

So for use with the glyph, I suspect you connect the Chromecast to the HDMI of the Glyph, but I don't know which WiFi to connect it to... it should be the network that your phone is in, beacause you are casting the phone's screen to the chromecast... So should that then be the WiFi of the Mavic?

Ok. Glyph is no option for me, not now. The addition of wireless interference or making inputs on a screen i cannot see because of the sun are things i wanted to eliminate. Glad i made a right choice for a change:).

Hi, where do you get a stl file for the holder of the Moverio BT-300? Greeting Roger
for holder send DVegaman a message..or check shapeways/etsy.

I feel like such a noob..normally in android you'd have a "my files " app. Just a folder that displays and gives you the option creating subfolders. How do I store/categorize stuff in the moverio?

Edit: Nevermind, found it! Called MovFiler

Last edited:
Thank you for the input, very helpful!! One more question, if using the fully immersive glyph vs epson, is any dizzy or motion sickness felt as you are unable to see anything but cam view? I do like the idea of no spotter required/ also cuts down on flight time I have to share lol

Hey stratos,
What is the map issue? You just download the maps with a slight workaround. No problems there..
oh really?? :) well I just bit the bullet and reordered from Amazon. They will come around next friday, can you please let me know where can I find this workaround?

Never used Android before

@Maclak, normally when you use the Chromecast, you plug it into the HDMI port of your TV and wirelessly connect it to the WiFi signal of your home router.

When you have an android device with the Google Home app, or with Chrome browser, you can there select to cast your screen to the TV.

So for use with the glyph, I suspect you connect the Chromecast to the HDMI of the Glyph, but I don't know which WiFi to connect it to... it should be the network that your phone is in, beacause you are casting the phone's screen to the chromecast... So should that then be the WiFi of the Mavic?
this sounds like a lot of lag mate.

Last edited:
so I have something completely different but maybe someone has a similar problem.

The biggest problem with the BT-300 is that the IPD (Interpupillary distance) is fix so you can't adjust it for your eyes.
And this a t least for me is an issue since my eyes are closer together then the normal human being... (I'm not normal, juhuuu :))
So the problem is that I can hardly read the text on the left and right side of the screen.

I now digged a bit depper and found a way to change the resolution of the display. So normally the screen resolution is 1280x720 pixels.
Now if you connect the moverio to your PC, install the ADB drivers and launch the adb in the console I can now set the resolution a bit narrower like 1000x720 pixels:
I used this command: adb shell wm size 1000x720 standard

Of course the picture is now a little compressed but hey I rather look at a little compressed imaged then hurting my eyes when trying to read something at the edge of the screen.

So this might help some others just ask me if you have an more questions

Andy

so I have something completely different but maybe someone has a similar problem.

The biggest problem with the BT-300 is that the IPD (Interpupillary distance) is fix so you can't adjust it for your eyes.
And this a t least for me is an issue since my eyes are closer together then the normal human being... (I'm not normal, juhuuu :))
So the problem is that I can hardly read the text on the left and right side of the screen.

I now digged a bit depper and found a way to change the resolution of the display. So normally the screen resolution is 1280x720 pixels.
Now if you connect the moverio to your PC, install the ADB drivers and launch the adb in the console I can now set the resolution a bit narrower like 1000x720 pixels:
I used this command: adb shell wm size 1000x720 standard

Of course the picture is now a little compressed but hey I rather look at a little compressed imaged then hurting my eyes when trying to read something at the edge of the screen.

So this might help some others just ask me if you have an more questions

Andy

This is nice info! I'd like to play with these settings too. I reported before that reading small stuff (especially around the edge) was a bit harder. As i have the Moverio for flying The Creep and also Netflix (on the go)Thumbswayupnow no problem really. But last night I was surfing this forum and realized when used for surfing/ reading it would be handy to tweak the picture a bit.
So: How do you install ADB driver (what is that?)
How do you launch it in the "console"?
Does it screw up something/ can you set it back?

One more thing: The system froze up a couple of times when I wanted to transfer files from internal memory to microsdHC (had to force-shutdown moverio. It could not unmount/ mount/read/display storage etc. 16gb card that came with the Mavic). When card taken out/reboot all ok. When inserted after a while same issue. It really didn't like the card although the card is not broken. Any idea?

Reactions: mrachal
first you need to install the ADB (Android Debug Bridge).

1. Install: minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.2_setup.exe | by shimp208 for Utilities
2. Start ADBDriverInstaller.exe after downloading it from Downloads - ADB Driver Installer (Automated installation (Universal))
3. Connect Moverio to the PC and Start the Device.
4. After the Moverio has booted click "refresh" and you should see the device.
5. Click the device and hit install.
6. If everything went well start "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" you have installed this in the first place.
7. type: "adb shell wm size 1000x720 standard" (without ") (for me the best resolution)

To set it back just type in the standard resoultion like: adb shell wm size 1280x720 standard

Andy

oh really?? :) well I just bit the bullet and reordered from Amazon. They will come around next friday, can you please let me know where can I find this workaround?

Never used Android before

I pm'ed this to someone else, hope it's clear:

1 - First kill " force close" the Go4 app in app settings (The go4 app is very rigid, drains the battery on my Note4 as well, keeps running in the background>>DJI issue), also force close the cached ones.
2 - Go into settings and select lang to Japanese. (All the way on the bottom, i think it was last. At work now so cannot check)
3 - Run go4 and goto " offline maps". About 5-6 downloads will be displayed, select the last one.
4 - When selected another list will be displayed. The top one says " all countries" in readable English and just over 1gb. Download this.
5 - After download complete close Go4 and perform item no1 ( I know it's hard in Japanese but this is what I did. Maybe it works if you switch to English first as well but not sure..)
6 - Set Lang back to Eng and run Go4/ offline maps. Now all countries should be visible. If not you can try another force close and restart go4.

Note:

The "all countries" download (1gb) cannot possibly be all countries.. im not sure what it is though. When switching back to English and all countries are visible you will see that the average country is over 500mb. You still have to download what you need..

2. Start ADBDriverInstaller.exe after downloading it from Downloads - ADB Driver Installer (Automated installation (Universal))
6. If everything went well start "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" you have installed this in the first place.
7. type: "adb shell wm size 1000x720 standard" (without ") (for me the best resolution)

To set it back just type in the standard resoultion like: adb shell wm size 1280x720 standard

Andy
Thank you, i will play with this.

1 - First kill " force close" the Go4 app in app settings (The go4 app is very rigid, drains the battery on my Note4 as well, keeps running in the background>>DJI issue), also force close the cached ones.
2 - Go into settings and select lang to Japanese. (All the way on the bottom, i think it was last. At work now so cannot check)
3 - Run go4 and goto " offline maps". About 5-6 downloads will be displayed, select the last one.
4 - When selected another list will be displayed. The top one says " all countries" in readable English and just over 1gb. Download this.
5 - After download complete close Go4 and perform item no1 ( I know it's hard in Japanese but this is what I did. Maybe it works if you switch to English first as well but not sure..)
6 - Set Lang back to Eng and run Go4/ offline maps. Now all countries should be visible. If not you can try another force close and restart go4.

Note:

The "all countries" download (1gb) cannot possibly be all countries.. im not sure what it is though. When switching back to English and all countries are visible you will see that the average country is over 500mb. You still have to download what you need..

Oh this is awesome.
Well as soon as mines arrive will definetly do this :)

Andy

I cannot perform any action as ADB driver installer does not see Moverio. The computer itself does detect it as storage (EMBT3C).
no idea how to do this.
I did follow the "read me instruction" and restarted the computer (Win 8.1 x64) disabling the driver signature enforcement. With the instruction "Install Android ADB Driver using an inf file (Manually)" i get stuck..how do i do this?

I do not really need this but i love to be able to tweak stuff...

Note:

On the last step to download additional maps. Once you change language back to English, the offline map download of the 1GB file goes away and does not show up on the list. Only thing avail to download are the china maps on the main page again. Even though the space being consumed by the map that was downloaded earlier is shown as gone. BTW any clue where these downloaded maps are stored if you wanted to free up space and remove them from the device ?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman