DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

This is the way I see Mavic Goggles (or goggles for mavic is more appropriate) and the key word is "I"!
And have now tested (owned) 12 pairs. maybe more than 12. This is not about cost or money and if I used what I spent as a guide line, I'd get ill :)!
I want the easiest, fastest to deploy, easiest to wear, , most comfortable, with the sharpest, brightest and most clear image from mavic cam.

The way I "see" the BT-300 compared to "Box" goggles and the Glyth's, etc.. I can't touch on every aspect but, will try to tell you what I wish I would have known about the BT-300 compared to other box goggles and the Glyths including my use of the Cinemizer Oled.

I am tired of box goggles but, the very best Box Goggle visual (sharpness and clarity) are the Yuneec Typhoon Skyview. But the bottom of the video feed is "chopped off"! Go Figure! They had some mis calculations in their CADs is my guess. The Headplays would rank high while the Eachine Goggles Two were cloudy in comparison to HPs etc. And, I doubt a native of 1080. But cloudy for my eyes.

The cinemizer's were just a huge let down. I have been flying the Glyth's more than anything cause it's a fantastic picture and sound is great and, with peripheral view above and below. easy to wear, fairly light weight (Okay for me) but wear a hat brim in bright sun.

The BT-300 now with about 12 hours of constant playing with them. They get better every time I deploy them. I can keep my glasses on (nearsighted) The picture is good and getting better each time I wear them. They are a pain to use with the controller's Mouse and keyboard but easy to over come that using a BT Keyboard and mouse Seenda or other. Thanks to those here who taught me side loading. Macinfosys, He should be a teacher or, write technical journals for some huge manufactures. He taught me well . Anyway,

About an hour ago, I re-deployed the mavic with my glyth's. And, although I wish I did not need that big K1 for HDMI and, wish I could keep my eyeglasses on, the picture from the Glyth was just too spectacular. So much better for me to see. Their feel is good and in my view, my Glyth's still win, in every way, they just win. FOR ME!

And now for these BT-300's? Remarkable product. Just not for me. And, I have purchased every accessory I could find for them except the prescription lenses and will sell the lot or, return it all but that's such a pain: mavic mounts for RC from 2 different places and 2 other accessories from Rochester. Oh well. This is my take.

Avegant is working on a new technology. I wonder will there be new goggle from them?
Many thanks for the great assessment as you see it. I also think the BT300 are good glasses but in my totally personal opinion not refined enough for the money. There are cheap( but unfortunately low video resolution) Chinese video glasses with Android 5/6 and Playstore installed. Why Epson can't do this is beyond me. It's obviously not a Google issue.
The FPV version should come with included Mavic brackets for the money.
After your report I ordered the NVIDIA Shield K1 and the Glyphs. That package costs as much as the BT300 but it makes for me things easier for flying with the Mavic plus you have a decent tablet as well.
It looks to me as the better overall package for the Mavic at this stage and price point as I have a tablet bracket already.
The new technologies with video glasses will include wireless technology. Imagine the Glyphs with a built in Occusync receiver [emoji7] .

I agree with all you wrote. Those DJI Goggles, are a still a box, and sure the best box goggles ever but, a box. A tough decision but, who am i kiddin, Ill order then as soon as available, huh?

When I bought my K1, I made a new google account which had no apps so, the K1 is very clean, not stuffed with apps. Nvidia K1 and Glyph's, that might be the best solution if there is such a thing "best". And why they cant or will not do it, it's all about the project's budget and wholesale cost to manufacturer. You know they can do it. It's Epson fog G_d's sake. Too windy to fly today, I have played with everything. (The mavic continues to amaze me)!

Can I warn you about the Tablet mount you choose (if you have not thought about this)? Most of this, my description below, I apologize for, in advance. probably make no sense.

so many mounts to choose from, they all look great and in fact all of them are very good with varying degrees of greatness. But, which one? I purchased 6 or 7 of them until I found what felt right. Even then, I cannibalized until I got the right combination. And, then, I had to increase the width of the part of the tablet holder which fits into mavic RC clamps. I want the tablet low, close to the RC. Its a better control feel for me. Tablet is angled slightly below the screen of the RC. Said another way, As I hold the RC, the tablet might touche my wrist, arms. Kinda. Sorta. (Sorry). Seeing only a few fingers, just enough room for my wrist and hands to hold the RC. Very low profile. And I want the mount tight. No rocking in the mavic arm clamps when I pick up the RC/Tablet ready to fly. Most all of the tablet mounts I liked rocked a bit and, the height the tablet is too far above the controller. Something to think about if you have not already.

Glyphs with a built in Occusync receiver...yes!

Hmm.. now starting to worry. The glasses arrive this evening. Reason for buying is that i got fed up with my galaxy note4 smartphone in the sun. Screen too small and impossible to use when sunny. Also not dedicated with other stuff running in background. Did not want to go for tablet /holders etc, more big stuff to carry.. so, can i expect an overall improvement compared to using a large screen smartphone or is disappointment awaiting? Was hoping for crystalsky but you now how dji does business..

I think you will be quite happy with the BT 300. I would say if you want the luxury of high resolution images from glasses connected to a Mavic there are at the moment two popular options:
Epson BT 300 and the Glyphs.
What you choose is purely personal preference.
After careful consideration I have chosen the Glyphs. It gives me a nice tablet as well and I don't have to muck around with an " Android" system which has no Playstore. Cheap Chinese glasses have the latest Android with Playstore loaded.
I know there are work arounds but to be honest I am sick and tired of expensive products of big companies and we need " "work arounds".

I think you will be quite happy with the BT 300. I would say if you want the luxury of high resolution images from glasses connected to a Mavic there are at the moment two popular options:
Epson BT 300 and the Glyphs.
What you choose is purely personal preference.
After careful consideration I have chosen the Glyphs. It gives me a nice tablet as well and I don't have to muck around with an " Android" system which has no Playstore. Cheap Chinese glasses have the latest Android with Playstore loaded.
I know there are work arounds but to be honest I am sick and tired of expensive products of big companies and we need " "work arounds".

The Glyph's appear to wrap around the eyes. So to operate the Nvidia, I suppose you pull them up, make you selection in the app, then pull em back down. Guessing you can use Litchi with them.

The Glyph's appear to wrap around the eyes. So to operate the Nvidia, I suppose you pull them up, make you selection in the app, then pull em back down.
They do wrap around your eyes like sunglasses. You can also look above them and below them without removing them (just like sunglasses).

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
You can use it if you have a mobile device that has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1).

Last edited:
I've seen reviews where people say they work okay with glasses. The reviews here on Amazon state the same.

Last edited:
So received my set today finally. Had no chance to try them on the mavic since the setup along with some drawbacks kept me busy till late evening.
Just for info: the pack came with dji go installed. Since i only fly mavic for droning i uninstalled it and reinstalled go4 from the store. Annoying part is that there are no offline maps on this version except china maps..wtf, dji?
The interface needs some getting used to, especially scrolling but comes naturally with some practice, no problems here. Video playback is in my opinion great. Played recently recorded 2.7k material and it looks great. Screen size is comparable to 40" at 1.5m distance with sweet resolution, better than expected.
The glasses are comfy to wear, does not touch the eyelashes (i find this very annoying) and light. Need to clip the cable to your shirt collar or so otherwise the weight on one side is noticeable.
The set, to my surprise, came with 2 grey shades AND the RO sunshield, very pretty. And yes, in full sun still perfect picture.
It did not come with a EU wallplug to charge. So i tried a USB charger for smartphone and did not work. I ended up buying a wallplug adapter, after that it would charge.
Wifi was a pain. It would simply not "see" my network. Never had a problem with that. After calling US support and playing with settings i decided to use my smartphone as access point so i could update the firmware. This worked and no trouble upgrading. After that installed go4.
It seemed the little bugger was having trouble with my channel settings and after selecting ch6 on the router it finally saw my network and i could do some playing.
I do not like the browser. When i get a bt keyboard i will sideload some suitable apk's like mozilla.. typing with the pointer is torture. Oh. And i was finally able to get the controller mount printed (Dan's..thanks). Fits like a glove.

So, if really no lag and if the maps become available i do not see why i would get something else like dji goggles. This system is very promising.
I will report after first flight. If any questions about the thing just shoot.

So received my set today finally. Had no chance to try them on the mavic since the setup along with some drawbacks kept me busy till late evening.
Just for info: the pack came with dji go installed. Since i only fly mavic for droning i uninstalled it and reinstalled go4 from the store. Annoying part is that there are no offline maps on this version except china maps..wtf, dji?
The interface needs some getting used to, especially scrolling but comes naturally with some practice, no problems here. Video playback is in my opinion great. Played recently recorded 2.7k material and it looks great. Screen size is comparable to 40" at 1.5m distance with sweet resolution, better than expected.
The glasses are comfy to wear, does not touch the eyelashes (i find this very annoying) and light. Need to clip the cable to your shirt collar or so otherwise the weight on one side is noticeable.
The set, to my surprise, came with 2 grey shades AND the RO sunshield, very pretty. And yes, in full sun still perfect picture.
It did not come with a EU wallplug to charge. So i tried a USB charger for smartphone and did not work. I ended up buying a wallplug adapter, after that it would charge.
Wifi was a pain. It would simply not "see" my network. Never had a problem with that. After calling US support and playing with settings i decided to use my smartphone as access point so i could update the firmware. This worked and no trouble upgrading. After that installed go4.
It seemed the little bugger was having trouble with my channel settings and after selecting ch6 on the router it finally saw my network and i could do some playing.
I do not like the browser. When i get a bt keyboard i will sideload some suitable apk's like mozilla.. typing with the pointer is torture. Oh. And i was finally able to get the controller mount printed (Dan's..thanks). Fits like a glove.

So, if really no lag and if the maps become available i do not see why i would get something else like dji goggles. This system is very promising.
I will report after first flight. If any questions about the thing just shoot.

I Copied and pasted from FB group courtesy of Lynh Phan.

Today's Tip

Getting correct Map to display on DJI's GO App.

For Australia and USA

If the BT-300 Language Setting is English: Chinese Maps are displayed & only Chinese Maps can be downloaded

If the BT-300 Language Setting is Japanese: Here Maps are displayed & all world maps can be downloaded

Simply change the BT-300 language setting from English to Japanese, and then back to English, Here maps are shown and all world maps can now be downloaded.

The Map issue only seemed to occur at the first time a user downloads the app, subsequent updates should be fine.

Enjoy and have fun Mapping.

Lynh Phan

Reactions: Mr Spock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spawnn